• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Regarding the Elemental Monkeys (Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour)

Fate of Monkeys?

• Protect

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Unprotect

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic Hegehog

Ur 2 Slow!!
Reaction score
I would make some sort of long story about the situation, but I'll cut to the chase.

For those who don't know, Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour are currently protected because the names have appeared on the back of the English box art for Black/White. The problem comes form the fact that apparently names FROM THE BOX OF THE GAMES is not legit enough, people actually think they could be nicknames for crying out loud. Nicknames never appear on the box art folks, because it would cause false advertising and confusion. Another thing is that people are doubting the box entirely, saying stuff like "But those photos could be fake". They're not fake. Don't believe me? Then go to your local Game retail store and look at the boxes for yourself. High quality, bright as day images of the names with no strings attach.

In other words, there is no excuse.

It's one thing to doubt some random fansite that is often wrong or posts a lot of rumors. But doubting the Box Art? Now that is sort of bullshit and makes me question Bulbapedia's policies a little bit.

So tell me in a perfectly honest voice, should Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour really be protected at all? Is there some legit reason that they shouldn't be unprotected that I'm missing?

we already have the pages moved, so we obviously already accept the names. you dont have to argue that. why theyre protected, im not actually sure. looks like they were protected when they were moved. ill check into it and get back to you on that one, but word of note, theres no need to make a big thread demanding they get unprotected. all you had to do was ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom