• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Regigigas vs. Slaking

Regiruler

Miss me?
Reaction score
The two normal types with an attack of 160, a BST of 670, and crippling abilities. Which would win in battle, and which has the better design?
I personally think that Regigigas is better. This should be painfully obvious considering my username.

Regi can at least attack all the time and can get all of his stats back. They both look bad though.

Regigigas is the redeeming factor of the Regi's in my mind. The other three are boring.

Regigigas, at least, can gain the stats back.

Slaking Kong!

Its faster(I pretty sure it is) and it could knock Regigigas.

Though Regigigas certainly has a very interesting back story with the other Regis.

Truant can be skill swapped, slow start can not. Therefore Slaking is ready to win battles in one turn while it takes Regigigas 5 turns.

That and I never liked the concept of a master for the Regi's.

I am pretty late about this, so you don't mind me replying on this one!

I chose Slaking, due to the fact that he/she is quite powerful and has more options when it comes to attacking, and while Truant is a terrible ability to have compared to Slow Start, it is at least easier to solve both in Singles and Doubles. In Singles, we have Desukaan, who can pass the ability to the opponent, and if the opponent hopefully stays, then Slaking will be able to use Pursuit to make sure he/she acquires Mummy, which would unleash his/her full potential. In Doubles, a Gastro Acid user can negate his/her ability, so another Pokemon like Shuckle and Jalorda is able to provide this service.

Regigigas is bulkier, obviously, but the thing is that it is more effective in Doubles and Triples (and Rotation), where the ability can easily be negated since there are more options to negate (like Worry Seed and Befriend), and the effect can eventually wear off.

Thanks for reading.

Slaking. Always been a fan of it, even after Norman maimed me with it. In-Game, you can offest the Turns skipped by using X Attack, etc.

I'm not really quite sure.....OK. I'm doing this eenie-minie-mo way. XD It came out with Regigigas

If in a dubble battel with a pokemon that has mummy slaking can turn from a monkey who cant get off his fat ass every other turns into a epic sweeper!

^ Except it has to HIT the Mummifier. Are you sure you want to kill your own Desukaan?

Regigigas. It doesn't fall asleep on me.

and because he looks cooler

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom