• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Region Speculation Thread

yeah i wish it wasnt europe, but im excited nonetheless
At least it won't feel anything like Dreary Old England aka Galar. Or Kalos for that matter which was only based on Northern France and not Southern France which is much more like Spain or Italy.

My first thought when I saw the footage was that it was Italy. But then when I saw the map in the protagonists' bedroom showing a squarish region I realized that probably wasn't the case.

Now I feel like that Starry Night painting in BDSP was probably a massive red herring to throw everybody off track. TrollFreak, indeed.

Not sure how I feel about a Spain region right now, TBH. I'm reserving judgment until we actually know more about the story, characters, and so on. I mean, I never would've guessed that Galar would crash & burn for me based solely on the fact that it was a UK region...
Touche. I was suspecting Italy as well. That was until I found out the names of the starters and I agree that this is Spain.

Touche. I was suspecting Italy as well. That was until I found out the names of the starters and I agree that this is Spain.

Initially i also thought Italy, until i saw the architecture, then i was like: Its clearly Spain. And then i was disappointed (Not because it was Spain, but because it was another European region, since that means gen X is most likely gonna be North America to coincide with gen 5 remakes or a 'Unova' legends game).

Initially i also thought Italy, until i saw the architecture, then i was like: Its clearly Spain. And then i was disappointed (Not because it was Spain, but because it was another European region, since that means gen X is most likely gonna be North America to coincide with gen 5 remakes or a 'Unova' legends game).
Says who? Galar is European but that didn't stop Sinnoh remakes.

This is clearly spain, which is a good thing as that has pretty much all the environments a pokemon game would need. Also, I wonder how they would adapt the regional languages and cultures thing. Pretty much every region of spain has it's own local language.

Also, could this signify a european east-west shift for regions for now on?

BTW, the only other place with natural deserts in europe is Bulgaria. Well, a pokemon game based in eastern europe would be darker than normal anyways.

This is clearly spain, which is a good thing as that has pretty much all the environments a pokemon game would need. Also, I wonder how they would adapt the regional languages and cultures thing. Pretty much every region of spain has it's own local language.

Also, could this signify a european east-west shift for regions for now on?

BTW, the only other place with natural deserts in europe is Bulgaria. Well, a pokemon game based in eastern europe would be darker than normal anyways.
I'm not sure what you're saying tbh. I just know that real-world countries which get visited by Japanese tourists frequently are more likely to get made into Pokemon regions.

I'm not sure what you're saying tbh. I just know that real-world countries which get visited by Japanese tourists frequently are more likely to get made into Pokemon regions.
In that case, Pacific Northwest region, when?

But even so, in 2018 Japanese tourists are ranked 15th in the number of visiting tourists according to Wikipedia. While they do visit, it's still not as much as New York and Hawaii (which have sizable permanent Japanese populations) or France in 2014 (which had Japan rank 7th according to wikipedia. They fell out of the top 10 after 2014.). Wikipedia doesn't have data on England/UK but it's more than likely the same as Spain, floating somewhere in the lower half of the top 20.

Also, going back to Spain for a moment, in terms of Asian countries, Chinese tourists rank a couple spots higher than Japanese tourists to Spain apparently.

The building based on the Sagrada Familia indicates that the city it's in will be based on Barcelona.

I'd be shocked if they didn't base a city on Madrid.

What other Spanish or Portugese cities and towns would you like to see adapted? Lisbon, Cordoba, and Zaragoza would all be great.

Based on the map we saw, assuming those spots were cities it seems there is a single Portuguese city in the game, something on the southern end of the Country, not sure what major/particularly interesting cities are there though if any.

And like i said elsewhere, if they dont just axe that north east part of Spain they could have a single city to represent Andorra.

The building based on the Sagrada Familia indicates that the city it's in will be based on Barcelona.
The only problem with that is that Barcelona is very much off to the side of the country, while the city looks more central to me. Just based on the paths leading out and all, could be wrong there though, there are mountains in the back (Although there's also mountains in the center of the country i think?)

Based on the map we saw, assuming those spots were cities it seems there is a single Portuguese city in the game, something on the southern end of the Country, not sure what major/particularly interesting cities are there though if any.
There's Faro and Loulé, the largest population centers in Algarve, the southern portion of Portugal.

Speaking of subregions, how would this game adapt the Basque country? Or Catalonia? Or Aragon? Could the canary islands show up? Is it just Spain or the entire iberian peninsula?

Since the region is actually open-world, I hope it will have Icy Rock, Moss Rock and special magnetic field, as I felt Galar should have had them, too, and the late accessibility won't be an issue anymore.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom