• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional/Cross-Gen Evolution Discussion

Luckily so far, all of those Pokemon have been mythical. Thought, in XY they did something similar with the new megas from ORAS.

Thus, I feel that if they block something inside a same Gen, it would be the gigantamax forms or a mythical. This gives some hope for cross-gen evos to be available on both Swsh and the next games.
Ehh as much as I’d want this to be true I’m not so sure. Just because they aren’t mythical/legendary/UBs/Megas/Alternate Forms doesn’t really mean they’ll be DLC’d into SwSh.

I hope you're happy, because in my initial naysaying, I was going to argue that Farfetch'd always sort of had an inclination for combat so making the switch to Fighting-type made some sense, whereas there's nothing particularly ghostly about Dunsparce, but then I suddenly began to realize that it shares a few rather alarming similarities with Giratina, and now I've headcanoned them as ancestral relatives. :eek:

I'm going to go lie down now.
Would be an interesting way to tie into the inevitable Sinnoh remakes.

Anybody wonder if we can get new Eeeveelutions through regional evolution? Like at this point, I think we won't get any new traditional eeveelutions due to GF/Pokemon pushing Eevee as a second mascot. However, SwSh have create an opportunity to create new eeveelutions. Like they could create a regional variant of eevee, and keep the evolution methods the same, but what the evolutions. So like fire, water, electric, leaf, ice stones, day/night, and friendship/affection but then use the other typings. They could explain that evolution for whatever region's Eevee works a little differently. Like make it a poison Eevee, that mutates out of control, but is till cute. Fire stone = ground Eevee (mention something about magma), Water stone = rock Eevee (mention Sedimentation), Electric stone = steel Eevee (mention magnetism), Leaf stone = bug Eevee (blends in with plants), Ice stone = flying Eevee (brings a chill breeze), Day = fighting Eevee (mention training), Night = ghost eevee (mention sneaking), affection/friendship = dragon Eevee.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom