• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

SPOILERS Regional Dex Discussion

Tuoko

Reaction score
I still think regional evolutions is still a broader term. By that I mean not just regional variants get evolutions, but I feel regular pokemon can also get regional evolutions. Like farfetch'd. They can only evolve in a certain region.
Meant to respond to this earlier, but this tweet suggests original variants wouldn't gain any additions to their evolutions lines - only Galarian variants would.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1159097737431748609?s=19

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Meant to respond to this earlier, but this tweet suggests original variants wouldn't gain any additions to their evolutions lines - only Galarian variants would.
I don't think that totally rules out non-variants getting regional evolutions too, it just emphasizes that some evolutions are only available for their regional variant lines.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1159097737431748609?s=19
Honestly that sounds like the case. But when I think about it. Regional evolutions sounds the smartest way of getting away with cross gen evos. Back in gen 4 almost all the cross gens evolved fro items or move that haven't been learned previous. With this, they don't have to rely on stuff like that no more

jeisu

dark types tbh
Reaction score
I'm living for all of the Unova representation in this dex, still holding out for Bisharp, Zoroark, Gothitelle, and Leavanny

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
200+ confirmed, it will definitely be at least as big as XY.
I feel it'll be more than that. Sun and Moon's regional dex had over 300, and USUM had over 400. The number increases each game, and I feel it'll be even bigger this game. At least 500