• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

Litleo and Pyroar, Ducklet/Swanna, Drilbur/Excadrill, Stufful/Bewear, Honedge line, Timburr line, Stantler, Mienfoo and Mienshao, Bagon line, Lillipup line, Swinub line, Ponyta/Rapidash, and so on.

-The mushrooms from the fairy (?) Gym scream Morelull.
-Dugtrio is painted in one wall, and the many mining caves also make its appearance extremely likely. Hopefully it brings Drillbur along. Gligar, Sableye, Dwebble, Dewpider and Wimpod would be fine there too.
-It would be nice to see Sunflora in the crops, we haven't seen her in a while. Given that there are plenty of them, they should also include Hoppip, Cherubi, Cacnea, Venonat, Scyther, Oddish, Nincada, Kricketot, Budew, Sewaddle, Maractus, Bunnelby, Pumpkaboo and Fomantis.
-Ice zones will likely need foreigners as usual, hopefully Bergmite, Crabominable and Alolan Sandshrew (it looks kinda European?) are included.
-If there's some kind of castle or steel fortress dungeon, Bronzor, Ferroseed and obviously Honedge should be there.

Ralts-line, Misdreavus-line, Pumpkaboo-line, Klink-line, Pachirisu, Pidove-line, Jellicent-line, Litleo-line, Mareep-line, Petilil-line, and Cottonee-line all seem feasible.

I think we'll get give or take a 100 new pokemon, but something closer to 80 or 120 wouldn't surprise me either. I guess that might depend on whether we get cross-evolutions, megas, and regional variants.

I'm hoping we'll see the Trevenant line in the foggy forest area, I think it'd fit in will.

Also I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Togepi line. It hasn't been native to any of the regional Pokedexes since it was retconned to be part Fairy-type and I'm hoping we don't have to wait until the (still unconfirmed) remakes of Diamond & Pearl to see them in action on the Switch without transferring across several Gens and then through Pokémon Bank (once the Bank compatibility patch comes along).

I'm pretty certain Eevee will be here as usual, hopefully with a new evolution.

Maybe (pure speculation) they also add like an Alolan stone which can evolve pokemon into their alolan forms, so you could get stuff like A-Raichu and A-Marowak.

No to Tentacool-line, Zubat-line, Rattata-line or Pidgey-line.

Yes to Swoobat-line, Frillish-line and Fletchling-line.
I concur. The less Kanto Pokemon this region around the better. Which I think also makes sense since we're pretty far from Kanto & Johto anyway.

No to Tentacool-line, Zubat-line, Rattata-line or Pidgey-line.

Yes to Swoobat-line, Frillish-line and Fletchling-line.

Frillish-line is more fitting with the Victorian era look, and I agree with the other 2 lines. (Fletchling is confirmed I think from the trailer)

Klink-line have to be here, and the Scraggy-line for that U.K. punk look that its evo sports. Ducklett-line, Budew-line for Tudor Rose, Snubull-line provided we don't get a new Bulldog, Mudbrey-line (I know the lore but it's fitting), Murkrow-line and Litleo-line.

I expect both Honedge and Melmetal to be here too.

I'm pretty certain Eevee will be here as usual, hopefully with a new evolution.

Maybe (pure speculation) they also add like an Alolan stone which can evolve pokemon into their alolan forms, so you could get stuff like A-Raichu and A-Marowak.

Maybe holding Strange Souvenier while using the Thunderstone/Leaf Stone triggers Alolan form evolution.

Raw numbers-wise I hope the regional dex (pre-E4) is around 250-300 or so. Higher is better, so long as it's well distributed and better balanced than the last two regions. I thought Kalos's 300 mons were too randomly and unnaturally distributed just to fill up routes, and I felt like Alola had too many super-rare hard-to-encounter Pokemon along with weird repetition across the islands. I also really hope there's some post-game area (like Kalos pls) with an additional 100-150.

Obviously the Aegislash line
I hope so but after Solrock/Lunatone being missing from SM who knows

Last edited:
I'm not sure how likely it is but I hope we see Yamask/Cofagrigus appear in this region. The only connection I can make is that Britain was known for exploring the world in the past so maybe they brought Yamask/Cofagrigus back with them.

We haven't seen them in a regional dex since their debut in 5th gen.

In general I hope we see some other Pokemon that haven't appeared recently. (Cherubi and Cherrim are another two that come to mind)

Morelull and Shiinotic seem like a super safe bet based on the map.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom