• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

Yeah, Staryu and Starmie are my absolute favorites but I’m not really worried about them making it. If anything the lack of seeing them so far gives me hope for galarian forms. I am however worried for Corsola and Granbull.
I feel like since Mareanie is in, Corsola has a pretty good chance because of the lore they have together.

its now a lot more important in these games than it ever has been. In past games it was just like ok, these are the pokemon in the main campaign. Now its important because they're the only ones we'll be using for 3 years

I still don't see why they can't do an update later with other pokemon. :/

its now a lot more important in these games than it ever has been. In past games it was just like ok, these are the pokemon in the main campaign. Now its important because they're the only ones we'll be using for 3 years

I still don't see why they can't do an update later with other pokemon. :/
I highly doubt that all the games in Gen 8 will use just the Galar Dex.

I’m kind of disappointed that Charizard is in the game. Might be an unpopular opinion, but the Kanto Starters have been in 3 Regional Dexes already, and no other starter trio has. Why not give some love to the Johto starters? They’ve always been in the shadow of the Kanto starters, despite their games selling just as good as Gen 1, as well as getting perfect reviews like Gen 1.

I’m kind of disappointed that Charizard is in the game. Might be an unpopular opinion, but the Kanto Starters have been in 3 Regional Dexes already, and no other starter trio has. Why not give some love to the Johto starters? They’ve always been in the shadow of the Kanto starters, despite their games selling just as good as Gen 1, as well as getting perfect reviews like Gen 1.
I do agree with your point, but it’s a combination of Kanto pandering and Charizard being arguably the most popular starter, at least in GF’s mind. That is quite clear by the fact that he’s the only Pokémon with two Megas except of Mewtwo.

On that point, I’d say it’s also likely he’d get a Gigantamax form as well.

I do agree with your point, but it’s a combination of Kanto pandering and Charizard being arguably the most popular starter, at least in GF’s mind. That is quite clear by the fact that he’s the only Pokémon with two Megas except of Mewtwo.

On that point, I’d say it’s also likely he’d get a Gigantamax form as well.
I suppose you have a good point, but I just really think its overdone. After all, Charizard wasn't even that great competitively until Gen6. I'm really hoping that its not going to get dynamax form since it already has 2 megas, but considering that leaker has been right so far on everything, I'm afraid that might be case.

I suppose you have a good point, but I just really think its overdone. After all, Charizard wasn't even that great competitively until Gen6. I'm really hoping that its not going to get dynamax form since it already has 2 megas, but considering that leaker has been right so far on everything, I'm afraid that might be case.
Yeah, my point was more about his popularity in general, not about being competitively popular.

The leak isn’t the only reason why I think he’d have a Gigantamax form. Leon’s ace, based on the concept art and footage, is Charizard. I honestly doubt it’ll be his main Pokémon without an exclusive form.

From this article from Game Informer.

max_raid_battle.jpg

Sawk was already confirmed, so it wasn't hard to guess Throh would be in the game tbh.

Last edited:
Seeing as this is the future of Pokemon (reveals of what makes it into the dex), did anyone keep a spreadsheet of Pokemon revealed by date/source etc.

The livestream also confirmed Phantump's line. The Ponyta line is also in, but whether it will be regular Ponyta or a Galarian Ponyta is unknown.

Makes no sense whatsoever to have both a regular and regional form being featured in the wild in the same game, since then there literally is no point in having the regional form, since the regular form can already survive in the region without needing a change.
Not in the wild, obviously, but trade-able. With tourists.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom