• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

Post in thread 'SPOILERS - Leak Repository Thread' by Grass Type Gardenia has been reported by JadsonFox07. Reason given:
Please admins, that user always come back to bait us!
Always talk about unrelated threads, always rant about GF!
Please, please help us!

Content being reported:
The one thing I don't understand is why is Galar's map portrait upside-down. Unlike the other Regions where they're in upright positions, I know Hoenn is flipped 90% on it's side and Unova is 45% flipped. But having Galar flipped 180% hopefully this isn't intentional makes it look as if GF hate the UK, just like upturned flags and symbols and such.

However I do understand of why, it's so to make it look like a Ranking System, with the player starting at the bottom and making their way up to the top.
I really do wish GF were more honest and helpful for their consumers, and help them as much as they can to explain things further. However it's doubtful because...

1. They would never listen to people that are outside of their office
  2. Aside from James Turner, they wouldn't listen to a word you're saying because it is a Japanese Company
  3. They care more about making money than the consumers.

I assume they're doing this is so not to expose the secret to their latest projects. Even with the Pre-Purchase on E-Shop, they have certainly gone to lengths to make it Hack-Proof.
Nothing more it looks like until the release of the games.

Post in thread 'SPOILERS - Leak Repository Thread' by swiftgallade46 has been reported by Pyrax. Reason given:
thread's starting to heat up again

Content being reported:
it look as if GF hate the UK, just like upturned flags and symbols and such.
I really do wish GF were more honest and helpful for their consumers, and help them as much as they can to explain things further. However it's doubtful because...

2. Aside from James Turner, they wouldn't listen to a word you're saying because it is a Japanese Company
And it's the secrecy that has already caused strife and division within the community in this year alone. Some have even started a Boycott, which most of the time doesn't work because those that can care less about Dex Cuts nor Exp Share lock will buy them.
(With Kanto pandered into it)

I might be wrong, but that's the sort of concern many have, even me. And that's from viewing them as a business, outside of the comfy bandwagon box.
No, it'll probably either 80-100 with the way GF are going about it. Most of which will be Regional Variants. Makes me wonder why this huge hype unless it's to squeeze money out of us.
Can you please stop de-railing unrelated threads just so you can complain about GameFreak and Pokémon as a whole going downhill or extorting their consumers? You literally made a whole thread for that topic yourself.
It’s getting close to release and I’m here to read about leaks. Not conspiracy theories of GF hating the UK and extorting us. Thanks!

Post in thread 'SPOILERS - Leak Repository Thread' by Grass Type Gardenia has been reported by JadsonFox07. Reason given:
Please admins, that user always come back to bait us!
That is one of the rants, that user always talk about hate about that game, and how much is wrong with Game Freak!
Please, please help us!

Content being reported:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think GameFreak needs to explain why Galar is an inverse of the UK as it's not really a big deal.

While GameFreak is rather secretive, you'd probably get an answer if you asked them in an interview or something like that, especially if said interview was done after the release of the games.
And it's the secrecy that has already caused strife and division within the community in this year alone. Some have even started a Boycott, which most of the time doesn't work because those that can care less about Dex Cuts nor Exp Share lock will buy them. I'm just hoping Garchomp will be in the game.

Please admins, that user come back again to spread hate about the game and the GF!
Please help us with that problem, I don't want that thread closed!
That is a nice place to talk about leaks and rumours, please help us!

Content being reported:
They might not even have Fossils, of Legendary Trio/Four, new Eeveelutions or any familiar thing since GF are striving to evolve as a franchise with something fresh and new (With Kanto pandered into it)

I might be wrong, but that's the sort of concern many have, even me. And that's from viewing them as a business, outside of the comfy bandwagon box.

Hello Grass Type Gardenia,

It has come to our attention that you have made several posts within the Leak Repository Thread that have derailed the thread and are conspiratorial in nature. It is not limited to these posts, but these are a few examples:

The one thing I don't understand is why is Galar's map portrait upside-down. Unlike the other Regions where they're in upright positions, I know Hoenn is flipped 90% on it's side and Unova is 45% flipped. But having Galar flipped 180% hopefully this isn't intentional makes it look as if GF hate the UK, just like upturned flags and symbols and such.

However I do understand of why, it's so to make it look like a Ranking System, with the player starting at the bottom and making their way up to the top.

I assume they're doing this is so not to expose the secret to their latest projects. Even with the Pre-Purchase on E-Shop, they have certainly gone to lengths to make it Hack-Proof.
Nothing more it looks like until the release of the games.

No, it'll probably either 80-100 with the way GF are going about it. Most of which will be Regional Variants. Makes me wonder why this huge hype unless it's to squeeze money out of us.

And it's the secrecy that has already caused strife and division within the community in this year alone. Some have even started a Boycott, which most of the time doesn't work because those that can care less about Dex Cuts nor Exp Share lock will buy them. I'm just hoping Garchomp will be in the game.

While you're free to have an opinion in regards to however you feel about how Game Freak operates and their development process, it was already stated earlier this month to keep those types of posts to the Venting Thread (https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/the-venting-thread.228195/).

In accordance to the rules stated here,

3. Don't make disruptive posts (Disruptive Post) [3 points, 1 month]
  • Don't make irrelevant or repetitive posts
    • All posts should be related to either the original topic of the thread, or a response to another post in the thread.
    • Don't repeatedly post the same (or slightly rephrased) opinion or argument in the same thread.
    • Don't continue discussing a subject after a moderator asks for it to be dropped

Not only have you continued to bring up a subject which a moderator asked to be dropped, but that you have repeatedly brought up these conspiratorial opinions and as such focused the thread entirely on those opinions which unnecessary created tension. As such, 3 points will be added to your account for a total of 6 points, and you will also receive a 10-day thread-ban as per our 3-strike policy (ATTENTION: - Current Events Three Strike System). Keep in mind that another offence would be a 1-month thread ban.

Anything I need to add/fix?

Last edited:
Most people seems to be expecting 400 pokémon to be included in the next games. The previous games had no problem with including more than 800 pokémon, so why not to include st least 800?

I believe it's not for galar itself but thinking about the next generations. If they always keep all pokemon, imagining a next game with more then 1000 models (and growing) they would have an increased work every new game.

I believe it's not for galar itself but thinking about the next generations. If they always keep all pokemon, imagining a next game with more then 1000 models (and growing) they would have an increased work every new game.

The workload would much less problematic if the games werent annually released in an increasingly unsustainable way (this the longest stretch of consecutive annual releases yet) , Game Freak reduce the number of features cut/replaced to keep each game "unique", and move away from flashy nuke mechanics/excessive cutscenes.

Most people seems to be expecting 400 pokémon to be included in the next games. The previous games had no problem with including more than 800 pokémon, so why not to include st least 800?
We know exactly how many Pokemon are in the game, thanks to leaked screenshots of the Pokedex...
And yep, it's exactly 400.
EIe123FW4AAUTU4

People were angry about the lack of National Dex? Well I'd say they're well justified in that anger.

Welp, talk about bad timing on my part. I opened this thread before of that leak, because everyone was expecting 300-500 pokémon. What makes it really weird is that I somehow able to guess the exact number of pokémon. :lapras:

We know exactly how many Pokemon are in the game, thanks to leaked screenshots of the Pokedex...
And yep, it's exactly 400.
EIe123FW4AAUTU4

People were angry about the lack of National Dex? Well I'd say they're well justified in that anger.
Now the question is: How many of those Pokemon are new?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom