• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

I want Corsola to come back (and yes, there are coral reefs off the coast of Scotland so it wouldn't be out of place). Maybe have Skorupi in a single location in the far southeast of the region as a reference to Euscorpius flavicaudis. In terms of numbers, 300-375 is plenty, with at least 100 of those being new Pokemon.

I was on Serebii.net, and on the list on their website, there are more Alola Pokemon than Kanto Pokemon (4 for Alola versus 3 for Kanto)in the Galar Pokedex. I would definitely like to see a new evolution for Eevee (possibly Steel-type or Poison-type, like Umbreon was originally going to be) and regional variants and hopefully the Ultra Beasts returns (we demand a (at least part) Water-type Ultra Beast).

I would like to see the return of the National Pokedex, so all Pokemon has an entry and not just those in Galar.

Yeah, I wonder if there will be a national dex....?

I hope so, I really missed that in Sun & Moon. The bank isn't really the same.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't something that was forced on us. Maybe you have to find an NPC in the post-game who'll give it to you. That way they aren't really telling people they have to catch all these Pokemon.

Gen 2 starters and their megas early on...
Maybe gen 4 or gen 6 pokemon after league. Maybe rivals could get them too.

I'd like a regional variant of Wailmer & Wailord to join the Galar regional Pokédex (assuming Game Freak doesn't drop yet another great concept for no reason) as a Narwhal, especially with an Ice/Fairy dual typing. It doesn't help that I've been wanting this since the concept of regional variants was first introduced during SM marketing.

We didnt get solrock/lunatone in sun/moon, so we dont know for sure, lol.
To be fair, SM did do something with those two, even if it was just an Easter Egg for transferring them over.

Last edited:
I'd like a regional variant of Wailmer & Wailord to join the Galar regional Pokédex (assuming Game Freak doesn't drop yet another great concept for no reason) as a Narwhal, especially with an Ice/Fairy dual typing. It doesn't help that I've been wanting this since the concept of regional variants was first introduced during SM marketing.
The regular Wailmer has already been shown off in a trailer.

Considering that several of the Pokemon from previous Gens were from Kalos, maybe that's a sign Kalos will be in the game? Anyway, just because a Pokemon is in the trailer does not mean it will be in the regional dex. Look at Dragonite in BW2.

What is in the dex is important, but how are we expecting it to be structured? In the last two gens, the Pokedex has been split up into areas - the Alolan one fairly logically by island, and the Kalos one a little less logically by rough area. Can we expect more of the same in Galar?

I'd also like to echo the calls for a National Pokedex in game. It just makes it feel more complete.

Hopefully given we've just had Let's Go, there's more of a focus on non-Gen I Pokemon.

What is in the dex is important, but how are we expecting it to be structured? In the last two gens, the Pokedex has been split up into areas - the Alolan one fairly logically by island, and the Kalos one a little less logically by rough area. Can we expect more of the same in Galar?
Maybe something similar to the Habitat list or Dex nav?

I would like the Krabby line since it hasn't been in a regional Pokédex since Johto. I was really surprised when I found out the line isn't in Alola since it seemed like a perfect fit.

I'm expecting three dexes, similar to Kalos, split up into Southern/Central/Northern... Since the region is kind of like a line shape. Therefore, I also expect the region symbol to be a thick line/rectangle (like how Kalos was the pentagon like the region shape, Alola was the plus sign because of four islands).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom