• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

Oh sorry...My comment was an answer to this:
No worries. Like I said before, though, that list of Pokémon (those that have only ever appeared in the regional Pokédex of the region they debuted in) is pretty small. Hardly enough to make the Galardex “full.” Not only that, but not all of the Pokémon on that list are ones I would call unpopular. Drilbur, Spiritomb, and Shinx for example are ones that have a lot of fans.

I have a good hunch that most of gen 4 pokemon may be absent because of a due remake.

Funny, since the majority of gen 4 mons have already been revealed
Rhyperior (And as such we might assume Electivire and Magmortar also make it in)
Glaceon and Leafeon
Muchlax
Togekiss
Weavile (And as such, its counterpart Gliscor is also more or less confirmed)
Mantyke
Dusknoir
Froslass
Combee line
Driloon line
Riolu line
Snover line
Hippopotas line
Rotom

I think the only gen 4 mon that we can safely say is 100% out at his point is the Murkrow line, due to Corviknight. Same can be said about Skarmory (Corviknight) and Mareep line (Wooloo).

Funny, since the majority of gen 4 mons have already been revealed
Rhyperior (And as such we might assume Electivire and Magmortar also make it in)
Glaceon and Leafeon
Muchlax
Togekiss
Weavile (And as such, its counterpart Gliscor is also more or less confirmed)
Mantyke
Dusknoir
Froslass
Combee line
Driloon line
Riolu line
Snover line
Hippopotas line
Rotom

I think the only gen 4 mon that we can safely say is 100% out at his point is the Murkrow line, due to Corviknight. Same can be said about Skarmory (Corviknight) and Mareep line (Wooloo).
When was Riolu revealed? Why haven't I heard about this? The Riolu line has not been in the regional dex for a Pokemon game since like, it was revealed or something like that.

Edit: Nevermind. I must be exhausted because I literally thought Shinx was called Riolu for 5 minutes. I'm gonna go to bed now.

Last edited:
Thank you. I think I might be super tired XD. I literally thought Shinx was called Riolu for a few minutes. Like I was legit searching through the website screenshots searching for a Shinx, under the name of Riolu. Lol, brain fart.

When I was going through Diamond for the first time, legitimately thought Riolu was a Shinx standing on its hind legs. You and me both, buddy. Cheers!

When was Riolu revealed? Why haven't I heard about this? The Riolu line has not been in the regional dex for a Pokemon game since like, it was revealed or something like that.

Edit: Nevermind. I must be exhausted because I literally thought Shinx was called Riolu for 5 minutes. I'm gonna go to bed now.
In the first trailer Lucario vs Tyranitar

I know this is probably beating a dead horse, but I think they should include Meltan and Melmetal in the Galar Dex. It’s just a waste to leave them in LGPE which lacks a lot of the series’s mechanics, and they do have abilities coded in for them despite abilities never being used.

I know this is probably beating a dead horse, but I think they should include Meltan and Melmetal in the Galar Dex. It’s just a waste to leave them in LGPE which lacks a lot of the series’s mechanics, and they do have abilities coded in for them despite abilities never being used.
I feel like mythicals might have a better shot than anything else at making it in... since they're all pokemon that never natively appear in the region to begin with and have to be distributed by some other means. They might even have better luck at being patched in.

Yeah I'm having trouble spotting Heliolisk anywhere
It wasn’t Heliolisk, it was Helioptile which appeared very briefly in the bottom left-ish corner of the screen in the yellow grass when the female trainer was walking near the Maractus in the last English trailer.

Last edited:
Where have the following been confirmed? I went through the trailers and the website and couldn't find any member of these families revealed yet Serebii has them all listed in the Galar Dex.

• Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable (I've seen a Raid Battle pic but can no longer find it.)
  • Vulpix, Ninetales
  • Eevee & all Eeeveelutions
  • Wooper, Quagsire (I've seen a Raid Battle pic but can no longer find it.)
  • Sneasel, Weavile
  • Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir
  • Drifloon, Drifblim
  • Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith
  • Trubbish, Garbodor
  • Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus
  • Inkay, Malamar
  • Noibat, Noivern
  • Wimpod, Golisopod
edit: And where does Snorunt appear (before Glalie does in the latest 1 min ad)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom