• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

I have a good hunch that most of gen 4 pokemon may be absent because of a due remake.
XY had a significant number of Gen 3 Pokemon one year prior to ORAS. And we've already seen quite a few Gen 4 mons - Lucario, Hippowdon, Abomasnow, Vespiquen, Rotom, Rhyperior, Glaceon, Leafeon, Munchlax, Togekiss, Weavile, Mantyke, Gallade, Roserade, Dusknoir, Frosslass, Drifblim, Bronzong. So we've already got a huge chunk of them in.

What I’m hoping for is for us to get a lot of Pokémon in the Galardex that were never in any regional dex outside their own. For example Stantler, Venonat & Krabby (Johto doesn’t really count since all Kanto Pokémon were in it anyway), Cacnea, Shroomish, Glameow, Cherubi, Shinx, Spiritomb, Munna, Drilbur....etc. it would just be cool to see them outside their native regions in the main-game.

What I’m hoping for is for us to get a lot of Pokémon in the Galardex that were never in any regional dex outside their own. For example Stantler, Venonat & Krabby (Johto doesn’t really count since all Kanto Pokémon were in it anyway), Cacnea, Shroomish, Glameow, Cherubi, Shinx, Spiritomb, Munna, Drilbur....etc. it would just be cool to see them outside their native regions in the main-game.

This is an excellent idea. Not only will it soften the "No Nat Dex" blow, but it will definitely give these Pokémon lacking in spotlight time to actually gain a second chance. Awesome!

This is an excellent idea. Not only will it soften the "No Nat Dex" blow, but it will definitely give these Pokémon lacking in spotlight time to actually gain a second chance. Awesome!
Yeah...in fact Charizard is the main pokemon of the Champion and most likely they gave It a giga form, which basically means they put in all the most popular and left behind most of the uknown.
Guys, let's face the truth, in a game that cannot have all pokemon, Charizard, Gyarados, Lucario, Tyranitar sell well, Stantler, Glameow, Munna, Venonat don't, sadly. So don't in any way expect sw/sh to be the games that let unpopular pokemon get the spotlight.

Yeah...in fact Charizard is the main pokemon of the Champion and most likely they gave It a giga form, which basically means they put in all the most popular and left behind most of the uknown.
Guys, let's face the truth, in a game that cannot have all pokemon, Charizard, Gyarados, Lucario, Tyranitar sell well, Stantler, Glameow, Munna, Venonat don't, sadly. So don't in any way expect sw/sh to be the games that let unpopular pokemon get the spotlight.

Kanto Pokémon get a fastpass into the Galar Dex by being part of Kanto, cuz we all know GF is all about that Gen 1.

But seriously, you have a fair point. Bottom lines matter, but surely, there has to be a compromise between the popularmons and the not-so-popularmons

And yet we have the likes of Maractus and Woobat confirmed to be in. I’m sure the staples and icons will all be there, but there are plenty of other slots available. Also the category of Pokémon I was talking about (ones that currently only appear in the regional Pokédex of their own region) is very small.

There's a limited number of pokedex spots, and they decide to waste one on Maractus of all things. You have to be kidding me.

Luxray and Porygon will be out yet again, just watch.

They sell more than maractus does tho. As cute as it is, Maractus is arguably the most forgettable pokemon there is (Sorry Maractus). If they decided to put it in, they might include several not so popular pokemon.

They sell more than maractus does tho. As cute as it is, Maractus is arguably the most forgettable pokemon there is (Sorry Maractus). If they decided to put it in, they might include several not so popular pokemon.

Here's to hoping for some other choices that never got to see the light of day beyond their debut game!

At some point they had to include some unpopular pokemon. As I said, all popular will be in, most unpopular will be out.
My point was not to expect two games full of unpopular pokemon. This won't happen.

There's a limited number of pokedex spots, and they decide to waste one on Maractus of all things. You have to be kidding me.

Luxray and Porygon will be out yet again, just watch.
I wouldn’t call it a waste. There’s plenty of Maractus fans out there and we also haven’t seen it in quite a while.

Also, Porygon was in the Aloladex.
At some point they had to include some unpopular pokemon. As I said, all popular will be in, most unpopular will be out.
My point was not to expect two games full of unpopular pokemon. This won't happen.
I don’t think anyone is expecting or even asking for “two games full of unpopular pokemon”. I would think that part of the whole point of this thread is speculating about what Pokémon you want to make it into Galar no matter how subjectively ‘unpopular’ they are.

I wouldn’t call it a waste. There’s plenty of Maractus fans out there and we also haven’t seen it in quite a while.

Also, Porygon was in the Aloladex.

I don’t think anyone is expecting or even asking for “two games full of unpopular pokemon”. I would think that part of the whole point of this thread is speculating about what Pokémon you want to make it into Galar no matter how subjectively ‘unpopular’ they are.
Oh sorry...My comment was an answer to this:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom