• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

You probably heard that from someone who think he'll be culled cause Masuda said he doesn't like the way people breed pokemon. But even if he he's rostering pokemon, he at least respects people's play style enough to keep one of the biggest aspects of breeding around XD

Last edited:
You probably heard that from someone who think he'll be culled cause Masuda said he doesn't like the way people breed with pokemon. But even if he he's rostering pokemon, he at least respects people's play style enough to keep one of the biggest aspects of breeding around XD
I don’t like it either. Sickos.

Where did you get that from? Never heard of it before.
You probably heard that from someone who think he'll be culled cause Masuda said he doesn't like the way people breed pokemon. But even if he he's rostering pokemon, he at least respects people's play style enough to keep one of the biggest aspects of breeding around XD
Yeah, there were rumors of Ditto not being in the game. I was wondering if that was supposed to be a leak or if it was half-confirmed with the current list of Galar Pokemon revealed. For some reason, people seemed adamant about Ditto not being in the game.

I kinda understand why people want a full list of the Galar dex revealed before the games' release.

As someone that frequently breeds, not having Ditto in the game will be a hamper to my breeding efforts for sure, as well for any HA or perfect pokémon crafting situation. I sincerely hope they bring Ditto in. Or perhaps will they revamp the breeding system? The latter seems like a stretch though...

It would seriously hurt the fanbase even more if he's omitted and wouldn't solve Masuda's 'problem' with breeding, as people will still try to breed the best of the best with the help of other Pokémon. It would just take a bit longer.

The only way to 'solve breeding' is to make it possible to change one Pokémon's IV's, EV's and personality. Something which would make breeding (almost) obsolete, so I don't see it changing.

It would seriously hurt the fanbase even more if he's omitted and wouldn't solve Masuda's 'problem' with breeding, as people will still try to breed the best of the best with the help of other Pokémon. It would just take a bit longer.

The only way to 'solve breeding' is to make it possible to change one Pokémon's IV's, EV's and personality. Something which would make breeding (almost) obsolete, so I don't see it changing.
Or he could just remove breeding altogether. :(

If Ditto's not going to be in the game, then we wouldn't be able to breed the genderless Pokémon and if Tyrogue is in the game, we wouldn't be able to get him by breeding because our efforts to breed the Hitmons would just give us the eggs of their female partner!
That applies to all the male exclusive pokemon not only Tyrogue. Competitive Players will really have a bad time (and the games really need to help them considering how difficult still is to have legal competitive pokemon in 2019). Chances Ditto is not in the game are 0%.
Ditto, Pikachu line, Eevee and eeveelutions, Magikarp and Gyarados will be in every game.
15 slots of the pokedex will be always reserved to them.

That applies to all the male exclusive pokemon not only Tyrogue. Competitive Players will really have a bad time (and the games really need to help them considering how difficult still is to have legal competitive pokemon in 2019). Chances Ditto is not in the game are 0%.
Ditto, Pikachu line, Eevee and eeveelutions, Magikarp and Gyarados will be in every game.
15 slots of the pokedex will be always reserved to them.
Ditto wasn't in Ruby and Sapphire.

Ditto wasn't in Ruby and Sapphire.
Ditto has began being somehow relevant in gen 2. In gen 3 breeding was still not that relevant as it is today though and competitive did not exist back then. Are you maybe suggesting that it's possible to believe that Game Freak (to boost competitive) decided to force players who want to use Braviary in vgc to look for it in the wild till they find a 5ivs jolly one who happens to have the egg moves and the ability it needs?
If breeding is in the games, Ditto is in the games, maybe through a special task, maybe in post game, maybe as a gift, but it it in the games. Do you remember that in gen 7 they did a special side quest that would have given you 4 or 5 ditto with some perfect ivs? Because they know competitive players need it and they also know the competitive side of a game is important in 2019.

I think it's worth it to note-- Ruby and Sapphire did not have any unbreedable male-only pokemon.

Nidoran, Tyrogue and Tauros do not appear in the Hoenn region.
Volbeat, the only all-male first stage pokemon in Hoenn, could be bred from Illumise eggs.

Ditto was not really needed in Ruby and Sapphire before it was available to be transferred in.

So the fact that it was absent from those games isn't saying much.

I hope for Aegislash line to be in both versions and it needs to be a gym leaders pokemon too. Aegislash would deserve 2 G-max forms and a new sword move. But smart strike does it to.

The games motive is the strongest pokemon. Taking that we need to get a chance to use them all eventually in a SwordandShield sequel to test that out.

Last edited:
Ditto wasn't in Sinnoh or Unova either. Okay, maybe the expanded Unova Dex that included older Pokémon in Black and White 2, but the original Black and White Unova Dex was purely the new Pokémon, with the National Dex required to have any familiar Pokémon like Ditto. So Ditto has been cut from a Regional Dex in a game with Breeding. But if Sword and Shield doesn't have the National Dex, then Ditto would have to be in the Galar Dex unless the person selecting the Pokémon didn't think about breeding and thought of Ditto as just a Pokémon that can only learn the one move to be a copy of the opponent.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom