• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

I'm living for all of the Unova representation in this dex, still holding out for Bisharp, Zoroark, Gothitelle, and Leavanny

For the Eviolite problem, couldn't it just not work for Pokémon that have new evolutions like how a Marill can still be hatched when bred without the Sea Incense?

And I'm glad there is a region now more represented than Kanto. Too much of something can get boring.

For the Eviolite problem, couldn't it just not work for Pokémon that have new evolutions like how a Marill can still be hatched when bred without the Sea Incense?

I figure it’ll work for the form that can evolve but not for the form that can’t, similar to how male Combee and Salandit as well as Hat Pikachu do not get the Eviolite boost. So basically yes.

Not really.

For Marill, nothing really changed about how it functioned. A Marill still produced baby Marill normally, just as it had been established in previous games, it just now was also able to produce an Azurill when bred with a previously unobtainable item. The function of the item did not change, because it was new, and the function of Marill without the item did not change.

What you're proposing for Eviolite would change the function of the item. Sure, it might still not affect pokemon that it did not affect before, thus not changing established world lore and how it functions for those specific pokemon, but the way that Eviolite functions in general would be changed by the fact that pokemon that aren't final stages are not being affected by it. This is problematic also in an instructional sense since the item description states "When held by a Pokémon that can still evolve, it raises both Defense and Sp. Def." What would you tack on to that description to explain why it also isn't working for some middle stages now?

imagine getting rid of megas, z-moves and even pokemon and not getting rid of eviolite. i can't even,

imagine getting rid of megas, z-moves and even pokemon and not getting rid of eviolite. i can't even,
Well, Eviolite is just an item and GameFreak has been known to just copy-paste the item list every generation- as far as I am aware, there are still unused items from Gen 4 on there. Plus it would be even more useful now when facing off against Dynamax, since it raises an unevolved pokemon's defense stats by 50%... if you want your pokemon to survive a few Max Moves without Dynamaxing it, it would surely benefit from holding that Eviolite this gen.

I think Eviolite is too useful and balanced for them to scrap it, and doesn't take much work at all to implement into a game.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom