• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

You really think so? For me it's weird that he didn't created more or others if it's that good.
Or do You think they will be obtainable in other regions?
There are 3 Type: Null in existence: one is in Gladion's possession, the other was given to the protagonist of the Alola games and another one that nobody knows where it is.

They could say that the one you obtain in the future is that third one.

You really think so? For me it's weird that he didn't created more or others if it's that good.

The project was shut down and deemed a failure when Type: Null started going out of control. That's why they stopped at three.

Or do You think they will be obtainable in other regions?

It doesn't strike me as being likely any time soon, but if they really want to force it in, they could probably just have some mad scientist/villain team member give it to you after being defeated and have them say something about how they obtained secret blueprints from Aether Paradise or something else handwavey. It is still a Legendary, so it's not likely that they'll be popping up in the wild in abundant numbers.

There are 3 Type: Null in existence: one is in Gladion's possession, the other was given to the protagonist of the Alola games and another one that nobody knows where it is.

They could say that the one you obtain in the future is that third one.

The project was shut down and deemed a failure when Type: Null started going out of control. That's why they stopped at three.

It doesn't strike me as being likely any time soon, but if they really want to force it in, they could probably just have some mad scientist/villain team member give it to you after being defeated and have them say something about how they obtained secret blueprints from Aether Paradise or something else handwavey. It is still a Legendary, so it's not likely that they'll be popping up in the wild in abundant numbers.

at least "breed" them. We don't know how many years they experimented. Maybe he sold it to Galars evil team that breeded them?
I think should be possible, only hope they buff RKS system somehow a little and change Arceus ability too that they will be better in future.

Silvally cannot breed, likely due to its nature as a weird chimera genetic experiment. And considering the 'evil team' so far is just a bunch of goth girl fanbois, I highly doubt they'd be interested in trying to breed a pokemon that's not capable of it.

And if my theory that the league system is rigged by the people in charge of it making them the true evil team ala the Aether Foundation, I can't imagine them looking at an artificial pokemon that was shelved due to going out of control as any kind of good business opportunity. Also because it cannot breed, so why would they try?

at least "breed" them. We don't know how many years they experimented. Maybe he sold it to Galars evil team that breeded them?
I think should be possible, only hope they buff RKS system somehow a little and change Arceus ability too that they will be better in future.
Type: Null and its evolution can't breed, as they are in the Undiscovered Egg Group. Considering that Galar's evil team is just a bunch of fanboys I don't know why they would need a chimera experiment Pokemon.

Yesterday I caught Uxie in Ultra Sun but it wasn't in the Alola Pokédex. I really wish they didn't ditch the National Dex. But if the last Nintendo Direct showed that Sword and Shield aren't being delayed and they are not doing anything about the Dex problem, well at least all those Pokémon cut from the code would mean there wouldn't be untrackable Pokémon given to me.

I remember reading somewhere that the reason Impidimp has yet to be revealed is because it was supposed to be a mythical Pokemon and now they are just gonna pretend it never appeared because it was a mistake. Can anyone confirm that?

I remember reading somewhere that the reason Impidimp has yet to be revealed is because it was supposed to be a mythical Pokemon and now they are just gonna pretend it never appeared because it was a mistake. Can anyone confirm that?
What? That's kinda absurd, in my opinion. Apparently whoever wrote that forgot that in Gen V we got Pokémon revealed via demos (Tranquill, Darumakka, Audino).

Why would a Mythical Pokémon that wasn't supposed to be there appear in a demo? No trainer would even use a Mythical Pokémon.

How would anyone be able to confirm it if Game Freak was pretended it never happened? Anyways, I'm pretty sure "mythical Pokemon shown at E3" would have been picked up ahead of that big a presentation.

they are not doing anything about the Dex problem
Probably because they don't see it as a problem. They stated the reason they feel they needed to start not having all the pokemon available in a game. It's not a mistake, an error, or anything. It's what they planned on doing. They're not gonna halt everything and go back and reprogram the whole game to fit all the pokemon in just so the people who aren't happy with it will change their mind. The fact not every fan of pokemon sees this as a problem is another reason why they're not doing anything.

Because it's not actually a problem. It's not a problem to them. It's only a problem to the people who feel they need every pokemon in the game to enjoy it.

I have a problem with the fact pokemon masters exists and also has the freakin pillow haired design disaster that is Rosa as one of the main focus trainers. I hate Rosa with a passion and feel like everyone likes her for no reason. But that doesn't mean it's ACTUALLY a problem. It's just a personal issue. To the people who made it and people who don't care about what I find to be a problem, there's no problem here.

It's only a problem to the people who feel they need every pokemon in the game to enjoy it.

The issue is a little more nuanced than that... in fact, I have not seen a single anti-Dexit person claim that they dislike Dexit and SwSh because they can’t enjoy a Pokémon game without all Pokémon. Most criticism is centered around being unable to bring over treasured favorites or hard-earned ‘mons, not everyone will be able to use their favorite(s), and/or the fact that the game doesn’t have good enough animations/models/graphics etc to make up for Dexit.

Again that's an issue that only stems from that person's point of view and play style. Gamefreak has given the option to bring old mons from all the way in Ruby and Sapphire but that doesn't mean they expected everyone to keep doing that, let alone think they would be required to keep doing it as dex numbers get bigger and bigger. Hell, we're lucky we even had the ability to do that at all. I can't think of any other games that allow you to bring your past characters/monsters into the next generation of games. While it may seem like a big problem to someone who's done that since the beginning, it's not a problem to Game Freak. And it's not a problem to players like me who have never used the feature nor seen any need for it.

The animations/graphics/models thing is also an opinion. I personally think everything looks great from what I've seen so far.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong for being upset about it. I can understand that. What I'm saying is that calling it a problem in the same vein as considering it a bug or a mistake is incorrect. It's how the people making the game intend it to be, and not everyone feels the same way about it. I mean, I hate battle frontiers and things like the battle tree and the wrestling four v four melee thing introduced in Sun and Moon but that doesn't mean I'd hate the games if they decided to waste game space and data on putting a new one in the game.

Type: Null and its evolution can't breed, as they are in the Undiscovered Egg Group. Considering that Galar's evil team is just a bunch of fanboys I don't know why they would need a chimera experiment Pokemon.

maybe that will change. Too cool pokemon to be forgotten so quickly. Was to European style for Alola as Chimera, would fit in Galar perfectly.

Man, if they randomly decided the chimera science project pokemon should be put in a different egg group out of nowhere when Nidorina and Nidoqueen still can't breed, I will set everything on fire and then myself. >: P

Seriously, nothing about Silvally and Type Null scream 'European' to me. They're not even a classic chimera design. If anything it belongs in Sinnoh because its reminiscent of Arceus. Also, last I checked Hawaii doesn't have koalas and New York City doesn't have Zebra. It's kind of an empty argument to say 'but this pokemon fits better in this region because of its appearance/design base/etc.'

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom