• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

So here's the percentages of each Pokémon represented by region confirmed in the Galar Dex.

Kanto = 39/151=26%
Johto = 22/100=22%
Hoenn = 26/135=19%
Sinnoh = 29/107=27%
Unova = 44/156=28%
Kalos = 23/72=32%
Alola = 19/88=21%
Unsure if this is still accurate, but I like this breakdown for three reasons:

1. Kanto isn't the largest. That's refreshing.

2. The tropical regions are the lowest. They're being accurate so far with what 'fits'. Some may cry "what about Bounsweet, etc?". I would reply, "have you heard of imports? Like fruit, Pokémon can be imported and become normal there." As long as it's not a common thing, it makes sense to me.

3. Kalos is the largest. It's basically Galar's neighbor (along with Unova), so them being in the top makes so much sense.

Type: Null and its evolution can't breed, as they are in the Undiscovered Egg Group. Considering that Galar's evil team is just a bunch of fanboys I don't know why they would need a chimera experiment Pokemon.
Maybe Type:Null could be one of those crazy fan gifts that are often given to celebrities. They figured Marnie might like it for some reason.

Pangoro looks set to appear judging by this screenshot from the Sirfetch'd page.

I really hope there isnt a galarian farfetchd. the only differences betwen the designs of farfetch´d and sirfetch´d bodies are their collors . If there is a galarian farfetchd, it would be another duck who has the same design and different collors.

If it's a normal Kantonian Farfetch'd evolving into Sirfetch'd in Galar which I would assume to be the case until we see a Farfetch'd, I would like to know how it evolves and if Eviolite's effect on Farfetch'd would change.

If it's a normal Kantonian Farfetch'd evolving into Sirfetch'd in Galar which I would assume to be the case until we see a Farfetch'd, I would like to know how it evolves and if Eviolite's effect on Farfetch'd would change.

Im interested in the evolution method itself that involves battling. I think they found it in Galar first.
Maybe a item like leaf shield or something new?
still am thinking that it feels unfinished a little taking the duck we saw with shield, spear and helmet like it should have a fighting/steel typing.

I’m not ready to call Game Freak liars just yet, but I would have thought for sure Aegislash would be one of the Pokémon causing balance problems.

I’ve already got my Steel type (Corviknight) and my Ghost type (Polteageist) planned out so no big deal for me, but I’ve never been a fan of the Honedge line’s design for personal reasons. It just makes me wonder who’s actually gonna get cut ya know?

Edit: Also, I want my freakin Dhelmise dangit!!!! :)

Last edited:
No excadrill or zoroark yet, damn. starting to get worried

No Volcarona, Starmie or Oranguru, as well. Those are some of my favorites.
Staryu is one of those pokemon that appears in every region, I wouldn't worry bout it's chances, but Volcorona I feel it has a good chance of coming in, mostly cause I hope is has a gigantamax. Oranguru....Hm, it would be weird if we get a gorilla with grookey, but no orangatan or other primates in this region

Yeah, Staryu and Starmie are my absolute favorites but I’m not really worried about them making it. If anything the lack of seeing them so far gives me hope for galarian forms. I am however worried for Corsola and Granbull.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom