• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

Me seeing the notification that someone replied to this thread:

Me seeing what it was about:

Admin Note
ADMIN NOTE:

Y'all. Chill out. Everybody's entitled to their opinions but there is absolutely no reason to be the internet equivalent of screaming at each other. Access to any thread or section is a privilege that you can lose the right to, so please review our rules before posting.

Thank you to those who are choosing to participate in this discussion in a respectful and positive way.

EDIT: Due to the last couple of pages, the VG staff have decided to close this thread so as to let everyone cool off. We'll unlock it in a couple of days time.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Y'all. Chill out. Everybody's entitled to their opinions but there is absolutely no reason to be the internet equivalent of screaming at each other. Access to any thread or section is a privilege that you can lose the right to, so please review our rules before posting.

Thank you to those who are choosing to participate in this discussion in a respectful and positive way.
This thread really should be shut down its impossible I dont think its gonna get any less toxic honestly

How many Kalos Pokemon are in the regional 'dex? I only know that roughly 70 Unova Pokemon are in, and that's the largest number of non-Galar Pokemon from a specific region.

This thread really should be shut down its impossible I dont think its gonna get any less toxic honestly

There's only been a few toxic comments, and the thread cooled down quickly after that, even before admin intervention. I see no reason to shut down all regional 'dex discussion just based on a few rude comments.

But if this was the case, why not still keep the Pokemon with their old stats to avoid the controversy of removing them entirely?

The only thing I can think of, and really, this is just speculation from me, no facts, is that the Pokémon with old stats may no longer be compatible with whatever new system, feature or whatever they have made for Sword and Shield, and maybe they didn't want to do all Pokémon, but rather start with a smaller random batch to see how they work along with their newer systems in place.

I know, its not based on anything substantial, so take it with a grain of salt. But if I were GF, I'd do this myself and also properly communicate with the fans to discuss the new way of doing things.

Uuhh the staff believe this thread's long overdue for a reopening. Please remember to keep the discussion civil (y)
-
So I've been thinking about the dex lately and it actually makes sense for Swanna to be excluded. Let's suppose Galar also has a Queen who owned all Ducklett and Swanna in the region. It'd be illegal for anyone else to catch them no?
Can't say the same for Pokemon like Lilipup, Dragonite or Druddigon however.

Do you think that many Japanese Greninja fans have been concerned over Greninja being unavailable in and untransferrable to Pokémon Sword and Shield, the games?

Wasn't Greninja found in the data? Or do I remember wrong?

Cause then I guess Greninja just was the new Charizard until the got a new toy for the old Charizard

I find it interesting that Manetric got in while Houndoom did not. I figured it’d be the opposite considering a new Electric dog line was introduced. Manetric and Boltund are kinda similar, even down to their Pokédex entries.

Honestly I wasn't impressed with the selection for these games. 400 out of almost 900 pokemon feels like too little and there are some lines I am tired of seeing in every single game, including but not limited to...
-Pikachu and Eevee (I know they're the mascots, but please! stop!)
-Goldeen and Shellder lines. They have been in pretty much every game and it's so boring
-Machop line
-Growlithe and Vulpix lines
-Magikarp line.
-Charmander.
-Wingull, Drifloon, Mantyke, Trubbish... ugh

Like I know they have to have some fan favorites but why do Wingull and Machop have to be in?
Also they left out some lines that would've been perfect like Lillipup, Druddigon and Salamence

Honestly I wasn't impressed with the selection for these games. 400 out of almost 900 pokemon feels like too little and there are some lines I am tired of seeing in every single game, including but not limited to...
-Pikachu and Eevee (I know they're the mascots, but please! stop!)
-Goldeen and Shellder lines. They have been in pretty much every game and it's so boring
-Machop line
-Growlithe and Vulpix lines
-Magikarp line.
-Charmander.
-Wingull, Drifloon, Mantyke, Trubbish... ugh

Like I know they have to have some fan favorites but why do Wingull and Machop have to be in?
Also they left out some lines that would've been perfect like Lillipup, Druddigon and Salamence

To be fair, they did cut a decent few of the "you see them in every game" Pokémon, like Abra, Zubat, and Magnemite. Realistically, I don't think they'd ever dispense with all of them at once because a lot of those ones are iconic.

I can tell you right now that Wingull and Magikarp are in for competitive relevance, though. raaaaaaaaaaain~

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom