• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Remakes of Generation II games confirmed: Long-predicted "GSDS" to be released this f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Remakes of Generation II games confirmed: Long-predicted "GSDS" to be released th

Wasn't there an article or something that said Nintendo of Japan was working closely with Nintendo of America? Anyone else heard that?

If so, then I'd expect a sooner release date for the games in the US. I don't think I could wait until 2010!

Don't encourage me. Please.

I wish, but it likely won't be until February that we get HGSS.

Re: Major Pokémon game to be announced this month: Pokémon Sunday purported to make f

Her name is Leaf.

Speaking of her, I hope she appears in a post-Kanto area, like Red did.

Re: Major Pokémon game to be announced this month: Pokémon Sunday purported to make f

Her name is Leaf.

Game-wise that is true. But one can hope no?

There was original Sugimori art showing a "Female Trainer" back in Gen 1. But was dropped off for Memory issues I think. It was the basis for "Blue" in PokeSpe...so yeah. I'm heavily partial towards renaming. XD

Re: Remakes of Generation II games confirmed: Long-predicted "GSDS" to be released th

:eek:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like screaming, I'm so excited!!! I never got to play the originals, by the way. I was only a little kid/toddler during Gen2, back when I only watched the anime.

Choose Crys, your final opponent is Leaf instead of Red?

I would lurv that!

That would be so awesome.
Girl power!

Don't encourage me. Please.

I wish, but it likely won't be until February that we get HGSS.

Haha I'm sorry. It was just something heard. In my opinion, a February release date would be better than a March release date just because it would be sooner! :)

I am so exicted about this, the kids at school would be too if I told them.

*rushes to preorder at gamestop*

So (for those of you familiar with TV Tropes) does this count as WeKnewIt or SureWhyNot? Awesome news, either way.

I'm waiting for Spleen Crystal to come out.

Spirit Crystal, surely?

Last edited:

It's for Japan.

Alright, &.. I kinda figured that out maybe ten minutes after I posted, but didn't have time to edit since we left the house almost right after. ^^;

Thanks though! ^^

This is excellent. It finally came through, now we can stop the rumors for making them, because it was official. You can't make more obvious than it was, folks.

2007, 2009, and 2010 are good years for me in Pokemon. I think 2010 will be the best, but I have to see more on what'll be in the games. The names are interesting too. "Soul" instantly made me think of the Soul Badge for some reason...but I can't wait to hear more. First on Sunday then the CoroCoro magazine, right?

YES!!!!I Played It Once Only When I Was Little I Forgot How Good It Was.Also If I Can Connect With My Diamond I Will Trade Over A Squirtle,Pikachu,Rattata,Wurmple.Since There Is A Totodile No Need To Trade It Over.:)

I'm happy the remakes are here. I can finally play a pokemon game in the johto region.

So (for those of you familiar with TV Tropes) does this count as WeKnewIt or SureWhyNot? Awesome news, either way.

Spirit Crystal, surely?

It would be PanderingToTheBase, UpdatedRerelease, and MissionPackSequel.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

This is.... fantastic frigging news

You and I don’t think the same way, then. If I liked the mechanics more than anything else I would just download the latest NetBattle.

If remakes get your blood pumpin’, good for you. I just dislike how the blind Pokémon fandom keeps Game Freak from making other, more interesting games by buying any old monster‐catching game in different colors.Haha you’re awesome

Hmm, I don't get consumers like you. You want the games/products that have established a successful system to CHANGE to the point of risking the very factors of their success? New Super Mario Bros. was a re-imagining of the Super Mario Bros. classic games and it was a huge success. But look at the Sonic franchise, the older (and imo more true fans) want nothing more than what the Genesis games offered, but Sega insists on mixing it up with Sonic,change obviously doesn't work. Graphical and artistic differences such as enhancements in music and visuals are very much worth people's attention and it is always interesting to see what changes the developers make to the original game, you get to see how they really wanted to do things that they had trouble doing in the past due to technical limitations. Besides, people buy pokemon because they know what to expect. If its not broke, DON'T FIX IT!

Although, the nostalgia factor DOES hinder and screw with ones judgment. I played through the first half of Crystal last month and the full trip through jhoto was WAY shorter than I remember. When I was younger, I remember I thought the team rocket conflict was longer and more spread apart. But when the radio tower fiasco happened RIGHT after the Mohogany Town Shop-Base I realized that things weren't as long as I remembered them being. This was also my first time playing through jhoto in almost 10 years.

Last edited:

I just want to say:

The Game has returned!
LONG LIVE THE GAME!!!!!!!
Go_Go_Nazi_Ranger_by_Grotesque_smile.gif

I just hope this isn't the last game on the DS system before they upgrade it to yet another more advanced platform... If the game system ain't broke why fix it? And we don't have to keep worrying about one-way transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom