• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Remembering Whitney's Miltank

Shinobu

Karamazov's oshimen
Reaction score
She definitely deserves her own thread. Whitney's Miltank is a bamf (can't say the same about Whitney herself). Let's share our stories about the frustration facing her.

Whitney's Miltank was not a problem for me in GII. Come the remake, I had so much trouble. Milk drink, stomp, and rollout was a KO combination on my party.

Had problems back in Gen.II,Rollout+Milk Drink owned my Quilava . I was ready for her in Gen.IV on first run, but my current,second run is a Fire-type monorun which meant I had to claw my way again with Quilava's Smokescreen.

I beat Miltank every time without much trouble. Stun it and tear it up.
Having a Pokéwalker Kangaskhan really helped in the remakes where the males wouldn't last long under Attract.

My friend used Pokewalker Kangaskhan as well, but he still struggled.

It was rough in Gen II, especially when if I had Quilava.
She was super-easy in the remakes though. I just used Thunder Wave and spammed Flash with my Flaaffy.

I beat her on both gameson 1st try. Gen 2 I beat her with qualava. Remakes, she was harder she almost beat my level 100 Porygon 2 (It would not obey have of the time but it thanfully did at last minute.)

Ugh, I hated that cow. -_-
That Milktank distracted my starter with Attract then battered it with Rollout and Stomp. And worst, it used Milk Drink so it could heal any of my attacks. I had to use my weak other Pokemon.
So, putting things short, it took me a while to beat Whitney.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Milk Drink, Roll Out and Attract are a horrible combination. Good online though.

I hated her in Gen II. That miltank is demon spawn.

Gen IV wasn't so much of an issue as I had learned to deal with strategy.

Trade a high-level pokémon, from another game, to your Gen II/Gen IV file. Problem solved. :p

Last edited:
In Gen 2 I had a lot of trouble with the Miltank and even lost at the first battle T_T, however I soon turned it around when I trained my water starter to Croconaw. The attack and defence boost plus having Bite as a move soon milked this Cow dry rofl.

In Gen 4 for some reason she seemed easier, but I don't know why lol I beat her first time in Gen 4 :3

OH GOD WHITNEY. Forget how she is in GSC/HGSS. D8; In Pokemon Stadium 2, I rage-quitted over her 76 times. I'm not joking. ._. That fat cow would spam Earthquake and Rollout! Paralyzing the fat bitch is useless since OOPS Paralyze-cure berry. @A@; She and Erika are the most annoying Gym Bosses in Stadium 2 EVER.

I love how iconic that bovine has become. I also remember struggling with that thing. But in the end I handed Miltank it's udder defeat. *rimshot*

She was difficult, but after lots of training and attempts I beat her!

I didn't have much of a problem, just a few Super Potions and my Machop did the job.

I was playing heartgold with the nuzlocke challenge rules. Ended my mareep, togepi and pidgeotto's lives. =/ I was left with only quilava and poliwhirl. haha

Generation II: Machop opened up a can of whoopass on Miltank.

Generation IV: ... I don't want to talk about it.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom