• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Remembering Whitney's Miltank

The first time I battled Whitney in Silver, I was in deep trouble. I had a Bayleef and a Pidgeotto. It took me exactly 37 times to beat Whitney, and that includes leveling up both of my Pokemon strong enough to beat the Miltank. It wouldn't stop using Rollout.

Second time, when playing Soulsilver, I had a L24 Bayleef and was able to beat Miltank with one attack. Never had it use Rollout.

Ah yes, the Miltank of doom.

I even brought an all female team with me thinking I'd score an easy win as I'd negate her Attract. She still fucking crippled me with her Stomp/Rollout/Milk Drink combo.

Ah, Miltank. The bane of my entire existance.

First time my Quilava ever fainted. It just kept spamming Rollout...... I did win the first time, but it was the toughest challenge I had ever faced in HeartGold other than Red himself. And maybe Lance. Yeah, and Lance.

Well see, what happened was, in Gen II, I fought Whitney, and I lost to her Miltank. Then I went and trained a bit. Then I fought Whitney again, and I lost to her Miltank. Then I went a trained a whole-helluva-lot. Then I fought Whitney again. And I almost beat her Miltank! then Rollout does a critical and I lose again. Then I pull my hair out. Then I go get my crap together, my hair grows back, and I move on with my life. Then a few years later, I pick the game up again, and I'm all like, "Hey, I remember when this was hard, it should be a piece of cake now!" Then Whitney beats me with her Miltank.

I picked up that Machop and wiped her whole gym out with it. Then when I was done I put that Machop back in the PC and was on my way. Like a boss. :lx066:

That thing owned my quilava,oddish and pidgeotto
Then Released my pidgeotto cause how useless it was
Milktank just screwed my party

WHITNEY HAXED!!!!! I hated milk drink. Its like a stupid annoying potion. Need to buy loads and loads and loads (x100) of potions cuz of it. And those moves were so annoying.

My god, horrible memories from back when I was 13.

I would get soooo mad at that gym, and that Pokemon, and I lost to it so many times originally.
Still remember that because I was so pissed off at my Gameboy, I'm surprised I didn't throw it into the wall.

When I was playing the remakes for that gen, I got to her Gym, and I just kind of automatically went "Oh no..".

Kept in mind to be well over-leveled, hold lots of Potions, and exploit weaknesses that time.

She was easy enough for me to beat, even when I first battled her I didn't have too much trouble. Heck, in my soulsilver I just use my Onix/Steelix on her Pokemon and I win in a snap.

My very first time playing against her I didn't know about Machop. I went in expecting an easy fight...and just barely made it. My Quilava had 1-3 HP left and just managed to outspeed Miltank, so I got lucky.

Miltank, I hate you.

Ugghh...That brings back horrible memorys,Rocksmash helped me through that one but the worst part about whitney is as soon as you beat her she runs off and cries

I didn't have a lot of trouble with her, actually. In Heartgold, I taught my Quilava Flamethrower. That made it simpler.

brings back memories.
It screwed my team in silver
So when i got HG i knew what to do!
and it still screwed my team with a machop!

In Whitney's Generation IV battle I used the Togepi with Serene Grace (that you got in the egg from Violet City Pokemon Center) and Miltank flinched every time I hit her with extrasensory. It was awesome.

DAT MILTANK! In gold it used Rollout on my Pidgeotto and Quilava, and... yeah. It murdered my Togepi level 5 and Abra level 13 too. I only won because rollout missed and I got an Ember in. Ember burned it which basically crippled it. But honestly, it took like 20 tries, and I almost never lose battles either. I'm just glad it wasn't a Nuzlocke.

After two failed tries in HGSS, I went and played Voltorb Flip and bought a Dratini with Dragon Rage. It took three turns to pwn Miltank without the Dratini dying.

i hate that miltank with a passion even my gengar got pwned by it that when i discovered the onix could evolve

then i raped her with my steelix uber defense and rollout couldnt do crap

it was such a good feeling :)

My worst Whitney memory from HG was not Miltank, but Clefairy. Why? Clefairy used metronome! Clefairy used Draco Meteor! 0_0

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom