• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Remixed music / Music Discussion

MizuTaipu

Reaction score
If one looks at the Japanese site and checks the two videos here, you'll find that Wild Pokémon Music is remixed!

What do you think? Do you like the concept of remixed music? IMO, it sounds a lot better than the original song.

Re: Remixed music

The only difference I notice in that is the main melodic line being lower pitched.... but I'm all for the idea of remixed music a la GSC's Kanto themes. It's a great way to retain the original spirit of a track while keeping it fresh.

The remix music could be something exclusive only to the Kyurem formes kinda like the legendaries in FR/LG get a remix version of Kanto's Wild Pokemon theme.

The remix music could be something exclusive only to the Kyurem formes kinda like the legendaries in FR/LG get a remix version of Kanto's Wild Pokemon theme.

Considering that Kyurem already has its own theme, I would consider that unlikely. They're probably just using the regular Wild Pokemon theme so they don't put out all of their music at once.

I quite like the remixed Wild Battle theme. There are a few more differences besides it being lower pitched, by the way.

The tidbits of the Rival battle theme in Pokemon Smash sounded kind of chaotic and, for lack of a better term, very N-like.

I was actually hoping that BW2 would have a remixed and remastered soundtrack from BW1, as well as new themes of course for the new places and characters.

The tidbits of the Rival battle theme in Pokemon Smash sounded kind of chaotic and, for lack of a better term, very N-like.

[video=youtube;H81OlYWr9do]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H81OlYWr9do[/video]

Someone did a neat little recreation of it, based on the footage.

The rival's battle music is awesome! And it sounds like he has a rockin' leitmotif too!

Can't wait to see which preexisting songs they remix and which ones stay the same.

I certainly like the rearranged wild battle music, because it makes the theme sounds fresh, like when I first heard it. That music was amazing when I first heard it, and I definitely look forward to listening to the whole theme. The rival theme doesn't sound impressive yet, so I think I will need to listen to the real deal first.

Thanks for reading.

BTW, if one of you mods wants to change this to an "official music discussion" thread, go ahead. :)

Not even going to lie, that rival theme sounds epic. The original one in BW sounded quirky, fun, and energetic which fit Bianca/Cheren as your friends. This one sounds alot more serious, but still energetic.

I think that I'm going to love battling the rival to that theme. I wonder if Cheren/Bianca will be able to be battled, will they have this theme or their original theme from BW.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a pretty awesome take on the rival theme. But I just...can't listen to that without instantly thinking of Megaman Battle Network. Feels like I should be shoving some Aqua Blade battle chips down Mijumaru's throat or something.

Dude, they ALWAYS remix music. Always. All the battle music in every game is just the same song remixed.

With all the old Gym Leaders and Champions appearing, I wonder what themes they will be using. Remixed versions of their old themes?

Or perhaps this was the purpose of the unused VS_WCS track within Black/White.

If you are talking about RGBY's champion theme, that is technically used, just in circunstances most players won't hear in-game.

I'm going to say that I won't be surprised that mirroring it B2W2 had a remix of GSC's champion theme.

If you are talking about RGBY's champion theme, that is technically used, just in circunstances most players won't hear in-game.

Like this:

[video=youtube;gycbVEjdzxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gycbVEjdzxc&feature=related[/video]

The Champion theme starts at 1:30.

Oooh, awesome. Never knew it was used there.

Gives me hope that they'll either use their themes from the other games, or remix new ones.

Or they could be boring and just use VS_WCS anyway, but I hope that won't happen.

Gives me hope that they'll either use their themes from the other games, or remix new ones.

Or they could be boring and just use VS_WCS anyway, but I hope that won't happen.

With the announcement that on July 25th they will be releasing the official soundtrack [Nintendo DS Pokémon Black 2 - White 2 Super Music Complete] and it will include both Emerald and Platinum exclusive tracks, unused music from BW will likely see the light of day as well.

What tracks are there missing from Emerald and Platinum? A lot of them actually:
-Battle Frontier-related BGM: Battle Dome, Tower, Palace, Pyramid, Pike, Arena, Factory, overworld, earning BPs, getting a Symbol and the battle against a Frontier Brain (Em).
-Battle VS Mew on Faraway Island (Em).
-Hidden tracks: Spotted! Team Rocket, Pokémon Communication Center, Route 38, Battle VS Suicune, Pewter City (Em). All these are remixes and can be heard on HGSS's official soundtrack in some way or another, so I think they won't be featured.
-Battle VS Giratina (Pt). --> This is AMAZING.
-Distortion World (Pt).
-Battle VS Regirock/Regice/Registeel (Pt). A remix from the RSE theme but as [Battle! Super Ancient Pokémon] was in HGSS's OST, I hope so.
-Super Contests Ultra-Master Rank BGM: Cute, Tough, Beauty, Smart and Cool (Pt).
-Villa-related music: Audio System and Music Box (Pt).
-Battle Frontier-related BGM (Pt). Pretty much every theme was in HGSS but I don't like some of the arrangements and Platinum came first, so there it goes.
-Mystery Gift and Wi-Fi Plaza music (Pt). See above.
-Unused test music from RSE (Pt).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom