• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Remixed music / Music Discussion

After listening to it, I have to say that "Dogars" is infuriatingly catchy. I'll be upset if they do remove the vocals from the localized version, though I figure that's the most likely outcome.

Well, the music for the Virbank Gym has been revealed and the vocals have been kept... unfortunately, for a reason I cannot possibly understand given they have the same number of letters, instead of having the band spell 'Koffing' we instead get the band spelling 'Pokémon'.

Seriously, why change what was a nice bit of uniqueness for the Gym? Do the localisation team not like Koffing for some reason? If anything, it serves to make the song sound off-kilter, since Koffing has two syllables like Dogars but Pokémon has three.

Well, the music for the Virbank Gym has been revealed and the vocals have been kept... unfortunately, for a reason I cannot possibly understand given they have the same number of letters, instead of having the band spell 'Koffing' we instead get the band spelling 'Pokémon'.

Seriously, why change what was a nice bit of uniqueness for the Gym? Do the localisation team not like Koffing for some reason? If anything, it serves to make the song sound off-kilter, since Koffing has two syllables like Dogars but Pokémon has three.

I didn't like it either. Eww >_>.

[video=youtube;EJMuU9XGLvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJMuU9XGLvg[/video]

So they went through the trouble of "translating" the lyrics, but chose a different word that still had more letters (but the same amount as Koffing!) than Dogars? Scratch that, they chose a word with more letters and more syllables when "Koffing" and "Dogars" both have two.

File this under the "WTF edits" the localisation team makes.

I also got to the Virbank Gym and I was annoyed that they changed "Dogars" to "Pokemon". I think this is the first time they went through the trouble of changing the audio for a place you are only going to visit once. The original Dogars song would have passed as a spelling of a nonsense word in the international release of the games. What is the point of changing it? It is not like Roxie was spelling bitchin or F*** you.

I was surprised they changed the word. They kept the Japanese Villiage Bridge song in BW and have those TV shows about gratuitous Japanese, so I expected them to keep the bilingual bonus. The song's cheesy either way.

Will it be different in other languages?

Changing it to 'Pokemon' makes sense from a localisation standpoint I suppose. It means that every other country doesn't have to go through the hassle of changing the 'lyrics' to the song, since 'Pokemon' is a universal word.
It's a bit lame that they have to squeeeeeze the last two letters in like that to actually have it fit to the music, but eh, no big deal.

Ghetsis' new theme is easily the best song in the game. So chaotic and intimidating. Fits the only really evil character in the main series games.

I am going crazy. I just got to the Colress fight in the PWT and I swear its different from the OST version that has been posted ten thousand times already.

I am going crazy. I just got to the Colress fight in the PWT and I swear its different from the OST version that has been posted ten thousand times already.

You'll hear that one later.
Then why isn't the one I heard on the OST? The PWT version is much better.

On a less sanity-questioning note, the Rival theme is really good. Much better than that slowfest called a battle theme in BW. The Plasma battle takes the already good Plasma theme and puts a new twist on it. And the remix of the Gym Leader theme is a nice, subtle touch.

Last edited:

You'll hear that one later.
Then why isn't the one I heard on the OST? The PWT version is much better.

On a less sanity-questioning note, the Rival theme is really good. Much better than that slowfest called a battle theme in BW. The Plasma battle takes the already good Plasma theme and puts a new twist on it. And the remix of the Gym Leader theme is a nice, subtle touch.

The "slowfest" was probably because those guys are much more childhood friend than rival, unlike previous bouts as well as B2W2's Hugh.
Meanwhile, the general motif of songs that were remixed rather than given an entirely new theme are sort-of on the theme of "future", given it was 2 years of a gap between one game to the next.

Though I want to really ask you: What the heck were you referring to for Colress' battle themes in the game? There's the "PWT Finals!" track, that plays on every opponent (there's no Battle Facility remix of his theme, mind you) that you face as your third during the PWT, and his actual theme (Battle! Colress) which comes later in the story.

Late edit:
Should have realised that only the Champions Tournament (and perhaps the World Championships Tournaments to come as downloads) do not play the PWT Finals! track, instead playing their respective Champion theme.

Last edited:
Man, I am friggin' diggin' Roxie's song. P! O! K! E! M! O-N! Pokemon! Heh, it kinda reminds me of the refrain from the GS Pokerap.

i thought Roxie was singing "we all can be" and then for the last three letters i couldn't understand and then "Pokemon!" I had no idea she was spelling the word.
I really like the Castelia gym music, and nimbasa's music (especially how the song added something after you defeated each trainer).

Yeah, Elesa's fashion show/gym had some awesome music, too. I gotta get my hands on the OST for these games.

Just got past Burgh, so I haven't heard much yet. Hugh's theme is really awesome, though. And then there's Colress' two pieces of music (encounter and battle theme), which are of course cool because Colress is cool. Castelia Gym's theme was kinda creepy, but quiet, too, I really liked it.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom