• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Repeat

Reaction score
DAY ONE

It was a blustery day in Clarion Heights, a fairly large beach town nestled alongside the ocean. A storm was to hit that night, and as such, the beaches were incredibly dangerous. Red flags lined the sandy shores, forbidding people from even thinking about jumping into the water.

The dreary weather was a huge let down for tourists, too.

However, this didn’t stop the town from being its busy, loud self. There was a tech expo that weekend. Numerous inventors were to come into town to show off their creations. Large companies, big name speakers, you name it… The exposition was a huge event.

It was morning, and most people were just waking up.

Lucy woke up in her hotel room with a severe headache. The people next door were talking, quite loudly. They woke her up. She was tempted to go in and shut them up, but she was never one for being so bold.

As camerawoman for numerous televised events at the expo, she had a full day cut out for her. She wasn’t too excited for this, however. She did this last year. The expo only dragged in know-it-alls who thought they were the next Einstein.

They weren’t the next Einstein.

She slowly got out of bed and glanced out the window. It was cloudy. It looked like it was about to rain soon.

((@Mad Max @Rocket Queen @Flaze @BorgyDudeMan @Midorikawa @Presidian @Yun))

((Hey! This first post is probably your most important. It is day one of the loop. However, your OCs are not aware of this loop until day two. I'll be referring back to these posts for each day of this RP, as it repeats. I'll be having NPCs interacting with your OC too, so don't worry too much about creating your own. Just have your OC waking up and starting their day!))

Bella gave an exasperated sigh as she rose out of bed. She had no cases currently and being it was a town and not a city, dead times meant sucky jobs. And the current sucky job was helping out with security for the expo. She couldn't wait until Sunday where she could go to church, come home, and then sit and enjoy one of her romance novels. Or a major crime with no deaths would be nice. That would keep her busy during the expo. But she had no calls for that kind of thing. Thus she dressed and ate breakfast, hopping on her Harley to head to the location of the expo. There she would meet up with her partner.

And speaking of her partner, Marissa was at this moment sneaking out of a hotel room. She like her partner wasn't looking forward to playing security for the expo, but she did enjoy the cuties that had come to the city for it. Made everything much more fun. Unfortunately her phone said she was running late. Oh well she needed to go home and shower first. If she was going to be late she might as well be clean. After all either way Bella would know what she did and just roll her eyes and give her a look that said "have you no shame." Which she did not. She had fun though, and that is what really mattered.

James Dalton would respectfully disagree with Lucy's assessment. Not because he thought he was the next Einstein, but because he thought he was better. The young tech billionaire had spent the last few years in the spotlight as the founder and public face of a startup that had become one of the biggest players in the industry. But instead of staying on, he cashed out and sold his stake. It was more fun to travel the world giving speeches at conferences and partying than actually doing work.

James had arrived in town a few hours before, grabbing a quick catnap upon arriving to his penthouse which overlooked the harbor. A truly spectacular view on a nice day, which to his annoyance it wasn't. A look at his watch told him he had a few hours until his keynote. Time for breakfast, a shower, and to write the damn thing.

His mind had wandered to food before he was interrupted by his phone ringing. He knew that it could only be one person, after all he'd given her a custom ringtone. And he'd have to handle the call carefully, if he let her find out he hadn't written his speech yet...

It was just some normal morning for Chris. He wakes up at 6:30 in the morning to cook himself breakfast (which usually consists of fried eggs). He then brushes his teeth, takes a bath, puts on some clothes, and watches TV early in the morning. Since his job isn't until 9 am, Chris likes that concept.

Then it was 8:30 am and Chris goes to his car to visit his friend's house. It turns out that Chris and a small group if friends are for no reason making a video game they hope to be successful. Chris was in charge of scripting the game, and he decides to do his work.

Bella would run into a little bit of traffic. This was completely the expo's fault. A man in the car near her was cursing. Quite loudly.

A strong gust of wind would crash against James' penthouse.

While Chris was working with his friends, a young kid slashed two of his tires. This would prove to be an issue later.

Mornings were always a pain in the ass for Alex. Waking up in itself was a daunting task - having to play friendly artist sometimes was exceedingly difficult. But alas, she wanted Robin to have a stable life, and that meant making a decent income. She muttered profanities all the way to the kitchen, reluctantly starting on coffee and crepes for her and her brother.

"Wake the fuck up, Rob," she called across the apartment complex, utilizing her 'scary big sister' voice. She was half-prepared to pull the airhorn on him if he was still lazing around in bed.

"Fuck," she grumbled to herself.

Mornings really fucking sucked.

Alana hadn't been able to sleep. Her boss had, more or less, assured that she wasn't going to be getting any rest with the last minute additions that needed to be made for the app they were preparing. Honestly, she was even lucky that she was invited to this expo, but that came at the cost of her already tumultuous sleeping schedule. She looked at her clock, yawning a bit before splashing some water on her face. Documentation was done and sent up the pipeline, ready for review by the engineering team.

Now, all she had to do was just pack a lunch and head out.

Coming to this town on such short notice was getting to her, but she wasn't exactly able to just yell at her employer. He was so sure of his genius that no one could feasibly tell him anything, anyways. Hopefully this project wouldn't end up in flames. "I better be rich after this," she muttered to herself.

Then, she received a call on her phone. It was her boss. Great. On her way out of the hotel to her car, lunch in hand and phone to her ear, she began to talk to the man. "Yes sir... no sir... I'm sure."

Alana was headed for a puddle from rain earlier that morning.

Lucy finished getting changed and began to head out as well. She sent a glare to the door next to hers. Noisy neighbors.

Alana didn't even notice the puddle before feeling the water slosh into her shoes. "Fffuuuck!" She glared down, and found her jeans ruined.

Then she blinked. "Uhh, not you, sir," she responded to her confused boss with unrestrained annoyance.

Bella let out yet another exasperated sigh as she was stuck in traffic. It was a toss up of which was worse. Sitting in between honking cars, or dealing with the expo. She was leaning towards traffic since it was giving her a headache and there was no form of entertainment. Too bad being on a motorcycle and being a detective wasn't enough justification to just ride between the cars.

Marissa let out a curse storm as she was stuck in a taxi in the same traffic. Her car at the bar she had gone to the previous night. Not that it mattered in this case since this was taking so long. She would really have to rush now. She wished she could just bring the idiots to her home, but unfortunately there was an incident of one trying to steal from her so she now held something against bringing them home. Thus she was stuck in perpetual hell.

While Chris was doing some scripting, some of his friends thought about buying some coke to drink. Immediately, he responded "Yes".

A few minutes pass and one of Chris' friends got some coke. Chris said he wants to order pizza, but his friends refused since he usually eats almost all of the pizza. While drinking, the group discusses about ideas for their game. After their drink, they resume back to their jobs.

Robin woke up early the day of the expo, a grown clear on his face as he woke up. On the one hand the day was cloudy, something he liked. On the other hand today was the day he was dreading. He turned towards his laptop, his face hanging slightly as he let out a sigh.

He hated deadlines. Whether it was school or work, he could never work around them and once he got stuck on something that led to putting it off.

So he was going to attend the tech expo on the day of his deadline, itms what any responsible adult would do after all.

He decided not to pay any mind, if anything bad happened they'd probably just ask one of the other programmers to help him finish it. He never asked for it anyway.

He put on a white and re t-shirt and grabbed a hold of his blue, severely underused, umbrella.

“I’m heading out!” He called out to his sister Alex as he made to the door, combing his hair back. “I’ll see you st the expo,” was all he said as he walked out.

"Don't make me throw out your crepes," she called to him, lethargically cutting into her own stack. "Don't make me. I will do it, you know!"

By the time Alana got to her car, she was ready for the day to end. "Let's get this over with, please," she said to herself. Then, she took her boss off hold. "Sir, is the DB updated? ... I mean, that's pretty important... Yes, I trust the engineers, but-... Yes sir. See you there."

The sound of the call ending was in sync with her groan.

Things were always complicated. She turned on her car and left the parking lot of the hotel to make her way to the expo.

Aubrey Breen. Leather-bound pavement-pounding unbreakable heels break the fall from the terrace to the sidewalk. Nottt the place nor the time for her body, in that bed, where the boy she just fucked dreamt her face circles round circles.

Regardless of whether he understood her not, that to her time was always fleeting, she had to sink away sometime. So she did, terrace time, she giggled as she fell, a bow tied, another song sung.

Cloudy, horizon-hints of a coming storm. She walks from the man's apartment to the motel she calls home. Whatever that means.

Printer paper at her door. Handwritten. "Come see me. -- Jack". She doesn't bother to wash the makeup off her face. Dread.

Down the hall to the lobby, front desk. Before she can open her mouth
"You've got an hour." Jack stares. Fluorescent buzz.

"Hour for what?"
"To make you and your things disappear."
"I paid up front for the next week, it's not even-"
Jack slaps it down on the desk, a stack of bills bound by a blue rubber band.
Anxiety in her green eyes.
"These Silicon Valley kids will pay four times as much for your room. Maybe more."
Panic. "I have nowher-"
"An hour."

Side-eyed, she snatches the money and dashes back to her room. All her shit fits in a backpack she thinks? She can't miss anything not the jacket not the wine not the locket not

56 minutes and she's disappeared. The bed's made. The toilet paper roll's end is folded to a triangle. She was never there. She'll never be there.

She throws the key at the desk and slams the door. Her watch: 9:43. Just after sunrise and no place to stay.

"Yeah? Fine. Sit down and eat, though." She paused, taking a sip of her coffee. "I won't be at the expo until later in the day. I have work this morning - probably won't meet with you until lunch, at the latest." She glanced down at her sleeves of body art, heaving a slight sigh. "That reminds me. We need to present the new ink prototypes today. Dunno how well that's even going to go over."

"How's the project going, anyway?" Alex inquired, munching on the last of her crepes.

After a long day of work, Chris decided to go to some fast food restaurant to have dinner all by hinself. He ordered some food, ate, and went back home.

Back home, he turned on his computer and thought about what such a good game their game might be, but since its still in development, he will never know.

When the computer turned on, Chris decided to check his Facebook to see how things were going.

Melody was beside herself. Her idiot boss hadn't even started writing his speech when she'd called him. And instead of admitting that, he'd fed her old lines from previous keynotes. Like he didn't think she didn't know them all by heart. She was his editor... It was insulting. After teeing off on him, she'd hung up to make her way over to his penthouse.

The very existence of the place never ceased to amuse her. She was pretty sure that the only reason James had bought the place was because it was within walking distance of a deli he liked. James Dalton could afford anything he liked and yet his favorite meal in this city was a four dollar breakfast sandwich made by an old Italian man. The contradiction was what she adored so much about her boss.

But even now, he'd been getting on her nerves. She remembered when he had drive, passion, goals... He'd told her years ago that he was going to change the world... And Melody had believed him. The sad part of it all was that she knew that he could. It was never a question of talent, but of drive.

Melody looked over at James and despite her anger, she smiled. Due to years in the gym, he looked awfully good without a shirt on.

Robin sat down opposite to Alex and began eating his crepes, trying to stop a smile from crossing his face at the test of them. He heard Alex as she spoke, not really commenting on much until she mentioned his project. "Ugh," he groaned, almost chocking on his breakfast. "Well...it's going," he replied with a nervous chuckle. "I...I kind of have to have it ready by today and I'm only halfway done..."

Back
Top Bottom