• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Repeat

"Robin..." she groaned, standing up to wash her dish. "Please tell me you're kidding. You can't just keep slacking off like this.."

"I didn't slack off I just...got stuck," Robin replied, looking away from his adopted older sister, mostly because he didn't want her to realize she was right. "I told you I really wasn't up to doing a solo project like this, every time I sat down to do research on what frameworks and tools to use I found so many that I couldn't choose, then when i did try to pick them out I kept getting stuck in figuring out how to use them properly and..." he stopped, realzing his was rambling. "It'll be fine, they'll probably just give me an extension and have someone help me out."

Chris usually eats dinner all by himself early, alone. But he's ok with that. He later goes back to his friend's house and he starts scripting again.

During his scripting, Chris' Mom calls him up. And Chris doesn't like his mom a lot..

Lucy continued her commute to the expo; she had called a taxi to take her there. The driver didn't speak much, and that relieved her. She was never one for too much communication. The traffic was beginning to lighten up, if only a little. Those who were going to the expo had to be arriving at this point, nice and early so proper preparations could be made.

Late birds were pretty frowned upon by staff, and by Lucy.

The young woman finally arrived, walking inside with her camera, her bag, and a cup of cold coffee from the hotel.

"Lulu!" exclaimed a voice. It belonged to a man in his late 20s. He seemed very familiar with Lucy. "Good morning!"

"Bold statement," Lucy muttered.

"We got a few things set up," he then went on to explain. "Chester got the main stage all prepared for mic check, and Alice needs to finish up a few things with the cameras."

Lucy sighed listening to this. A big day ahead, indeed. "Thanks, Tim," she eventually said. "You know if anyone showed up yet?"

"A few. More than last year, anyway."

"Interesting."

"Start simple, for one thing," Alex cut him off with a gentle but firm tone, washing her hands in the sink. "I understand the desire in branching out and learning cool things, but there's no shame in sticking to what you know." She turned to look at him with a knowing glance. "I obviously don't know jack shit about programming," she cracked a wry smile at that, "but the bottom line is pretty much the same. I need to produce pleasing results for my customers both with design and execution. Nothing's ever the perfect prototype you make in your brain. Success is only denoted when you can make a masterpiece from the shit hand you're dealt."

Robin frowned, it's not like he didn't know what Alex was saying, but he still couldn't just stick to what he knew when he always saw everyone else talking about new things, he wanted to be able to use them too. "Whatever you say," he sighed, standing up from his seat. "I'll be going to the expo now, I'll see you there. Have a nice day," he added adamantly and proceeded to leave.

He took out his umbrella once he got out from their apartment, glancing up at the rain that was falling down. He groaned when he looked at the time on his phone, realizing that he had missed his train.

James was the definition of a late bird. Even if he knew it annoyed the staff... He wouldn't care anyways. He was on his way to the expo however. From the back of his limo, he fixed his hair and ran through his speech. Melody was on the phone making arrangements, as she usually did.

She looked up and rolled her eyes. "James you look like you just went through a tornado. Your hair is a disaster." She said, leaning over to fix his hair just right. She knew how he liked it after all. Messy, but the sort of messy that actually took time in front of the mirror to get right.

"Tie or no tie Mom?" James always got amused when Melody was like this. She groaned.

"I would say tie, but you'll just take it off an unbutton the top three buttons anyway." Melody wasnt amused. "I'll admit it is a good look for you. Sport coat, no tie, shirt unbuttoned... Casual, but not overly so."

"And the keynote?" James asked.

"The same vapid nonsense as always." Melody shot back. "It'll play nice as usual though. Blogs and posts galore about your intellect."

Walking downtown Aubrey stops and waits to cross 2nd Ave. A limo pulls to the corner.

She wants to egg it
smash the windows
where's a baseball bat

She stifled it all to scowl into the black glass. She knew whoever dared to stare back from behind it would have a place to stay tonight, a champagne bucket and a high-end trick waiting for them in their room.

Scram.

Chris' talk with his mom ended up being akward. They even argued in the call. Nethertheless, he continues, until one of his friends said he was going to leave Chris to finish his work.

Out of the corner of his eye, James noticed someone staring into the car. He chuckled, leaning over and throwing a smile and a wink her way. Melody saw this and took a moment to process it before rolling her eyes and groaning in disgust. She hated it when women threw themselves at her boss for nothing more than his money. James deserved better. And then the moment was gone, the limo continuing to the expo.

Likewise, James' limo would have a young man run up against it, tapping at his window. He appeared to be a teenager. "Hey!" he exclaimed. "Mr. Dalton! Do you have a minute!"

"You don't have a-" Melody started to say before James shook his head and rolled down the window.

"What can I do for ya kid?" James asked with his easygoing smile. Melody just sighed and sank back in her seat.

The kid quickly began to dig through his bag. "The robotics club said you wouldn't be here, but I knew could find your limo within seconds," he rambled on, pulling out a pad and pen. "Can you sign this?" he asked, holding them out.

Robin would hear his phone ring.

James smiled at this. He nodded, taking the pen and pad. Thinking quickly, he jotted down a note that said. To the robotics club, take note that James Dalton was there. If you can dream it, you can build it. Below the note, he signed it before gesturing to Melody.

"Oh alright." She smiled and grabbed a handful of passes out of her purse. James handed the pad, the pen and the passes to the boy. "Bring the whole club." He said with a smile before the limo drove off.

With that, Alex prayed to some obscure god out there that none of Robin's co-workers gave him too much shit for the delay, and headed out the door.

Luckily, the tattoo parlor was just down the block from their apartment, nevermind that the entire establishment was actually underground. Checking her watch, Alex noted that she had a few minutes to herself before they officially opened.

So, with no further distractions, she put on her headphones and got to work on some new design concepts.

The boy seemed shocked. "Thank you so much, sir!" he exclaimed, taking the items from James. "No one's gonna believe this," he muttered to himself, watching the limo drive off.

A tall man walked into the tattoo parlor. Everything about him just screamed 'asshole'. He brushed his hair back with a comb, and walked up to the counter. "Give me your prettiest artist."

Lucy and Tim continued their work. On the stage James Dalton was to speak, one of the lights came crashing down from the ceiling, and into the floor. Chatter erupted, and most of the stage hands ran to the light, and glanced up at the broken fixture. Lucy walked the scene with tired eyes. It would be a long day.

Eyeris Ink Studios was perhaps the most infamous tattoo parlor around, and as such, it was home to perhaps the most famous underground tattoo artist in the States. This was common information, at least to seasoned clients and tattoo artists alike. So it shouldn't have been a surprise that the only other person in the lobby was a scary-looking bouncer type of fellow. He examined the man with a skeptical eye, glare level and cold with the rude-looking client.

"Where's your ticket?" He responded, not budging an inch. The door behind him was locked, so it probably wouldn't go well if the other guy tried to force his way past.

Alex was oblivious as ever to the awaiting confrontation upstairs, EXO blasting from her headphones as she continued to draw.

Robin was riding a bus towards the expo. He was...less than a little annoyed considering the world was oddly cramped, mostly full of people wanting to go to the same place he was going to. Because of that, he was sitting by the window surrounded by people on all sides with noise filling his ears at all time, something that just irked him. His groan of annoyance turned into one of fear and uncertainty when he took out the phone and saw it was from his boss. "Uh-hello, good morning, sir," he stated respectfully while covering his mouth and the phone with his hand.

Bella breathed a sigh of relief as she finally made it to the expo. She looked for whoever was in charge since she was helping with security. She also looked for her partner, however she had a feeling she wouldn't find her so easy.

Marissa in the meantime was glad she had a bycicle, and bycicle lanes. She was used to taking quick showers and with the traffic she could speed past cars. And when there was no lane she didn't mind breaking the rules a little and riding in the sidewalk.

Alana entered the place for the expo, sighing to herself. She didn't even know where her boss was; no doubt, the man was probably trying to rub shoulders with the big wigs to get the company on a higher standing.

The technology they were offering was amazing, yes, but she still needed to be there to evaluate things. She tried to call and, unsurprisingly, there was no answer.

Good.

She made her way past security and entered the rest of the expo. While her boss was busy doing whatever it is he was doing, she could just go around and look at different technologies.

Back
Top Bottom