• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Repeat

"Wait here," Alex instructed Robin, before heading back upstairs to confirm her suspicions. Sure enough, the cocky bastard from yesterday was in the lobby of the studio, and Hadyn was asking for his ticket, just like yesterday had played out.

Alex stepped away from the peephole, sighing and pressing a palm to her head. "Okay, what the actual fuck," the tattoo artist growled under her breath, seeming to become more annoyed than she was confused.

"Where is Mr. Dalton?!" a man complained, pacing around the stage. Behind him numerous people were busy cleaning up the broken stage light. "Mic check is in two minutes. And he's late!"

Lucy glanced up at her boss, and then back at Tim. "Dalton? Again?"

"Again? I mean, this is our first year working with him. Have you?"

"No.... I, uh...." Lucy trailed off, completely confused.

((@Mad Max @Rocket Queen @Flaze @BorgyDudeMan @Midorikawa @Presidian @Yun @SpatiallyRendering))

((Determined to keep this RP alive! We are currently at the talk at the expo again.))

Alana was quick to move into the expo. Things were different this time, however, as her boss wasn't off greasing elbows. Instead, he sat in wait for the girl.

"There you are," he said with a grumble. "You're late."

"Um... no, I'm not?" She responded.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Look at the time."

Then, she looked down at her phone. It was almost thirty minutes later than she thought it was. What? "Um... what? But I left out at-"

"Doesn't matter. Got the files?" He asked, hurrying her along her explanation.

"Ah, yeah. It's all compiled," she said, holding up the NFC-operated phone. "Brandt, listen, I'm not lying when I say-"

"Don't care, let's get moving. Dalton's gonna be here and I'm not letting some upstart rookies take the spotlight away from my design," he said, walking away.

It took every ounce of self-control not to question his choice of words, but she powered through it and walked after him.

With a sigh of relief, Sylvester found a parking spot, albeit a while away from the expo, it was close enough for his needs. Excited to get day 2 started, he pulled out his camera and started quickly walking to the expo, very much so with tunnel vision, and as a result, he tripped on the sidewalk, scraping his face.

Unfortunately for him, that's not the only thing scratched.

"You CANNOT be fucking serious!" He growled, inspecting the scratches on the lens of his camera. "The only damned camera I brought! This'll cost a fortune!" Sylvester decided to continue, despite this, even though he'd probably be up all night editing it out. He finally stepped through the huge doors to the expo, looking for where today's opening speech was, when he noticed that it still claimed that Dalton was speaking.

"That's not right, Dalton was yesterday..." Sylvester noted, yet he moved on, thinking how ironic it was, that a tech expo would have a tech error.

James walked in late, again. The time he'd spent writing his speech the previous morning had instead been spent at brunch with Melody, who as per usual was hot on his heels with her phone next to her ear. As usual, she was yelling at some poor bastard on the other end of the line.

"No need for a mic check." James was grinning from ear to ear. "Let's just roll it."

"But, but, but," Lucy slowly said, disoriented. This only prompted Tim to glance over at his co-worker with concern.

"You get enough sleep, kid?" he asked.

"No, I did," she replied, rubbing her eyes. "But I just, Dalton... he, and yesterday. The damn mic check!"

This time Tim didn't reply, and simply left the young woman to her own devices. Let sleeping dogs lie, you know. He definitely didn't want to delve into her, what seemed, litany of problems that morning.

The sound people seemed confused. However, they simply let James do his thing. The talk was about to start, again, and a huge crowd had formed to hear him speak. Robert, the heckler, was yet again sitting in the audience, ready to critique every word James said.

Lucy started up the camera. It was time to begin.

The man at the tattoo parlor was growing impatient. "So, can I get the tattoo or not?" he asked.

Once again James went into his routine. It was clear that the extra day of practice had led to quite a bit more polish on his keynote. As he got closer to the conclusion, he couldn't help but wonder if the heckler from his dream would show up again.

The heckler from his dream would show up again, shouting the same insults as he did from the other day. "Get off stage, you clown!" he yelled. "You suck! Kiss my ass!"

Lucy remained behind the camera, now shocked. Did she just dream yesterday, or was it... happening again?

"Where's your ticket?" Hadyn asked, unmoving from his position behind the desk. He maintained his withering glare at the man across the room, just as he was the day before.

Alex sighed, pushing through the door as she mentally prepared herself for the man's douchey-ness about to ensue, yet again, if her theory was to be proved correct. "Just let him through, N. I'll handle it."

He gave her an inquisitive look, but begrudgingly pulled out a clipboard. "You still need to sign the consent form," he amended roughly in the young man's direction, setting down a pen on top of the sheet.

I am so going to regret this, the tattoo artist thought to herself loathingly, but maintained a neutral face.

Unlike yesterday, James didn't seem very annoyed. In fact, he seemed more curious than anything else. It had been one thing for his dream to help him write the speech... but to predict a heckler, a man he'd never seen before. That, that was very odd. He paused for a moment, considering the possibilities. "A wolf does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep." He mused, sending a smile towards the audience. "For it tends to be the loudest sheep which finds itself at the mercy of the wolf first."

The heckler simply scoffed at this. "Go get fucked, Dalton! We all know you're a hack, dude."

The man filled out the form, still perplexed by the tattoo parlor. Why did a tattoo parlor need a bouncer anyway? Did they stab someone with the inking needle? Mysteries.

(((IM BACK PEOPLE)))
Chris later comes back to his friend's house. Concluding that whatever the hell is happening now was the same as yesterday, he tells them that he will be on leave for a week.

James simply laughed at the vulgar suggestion coming from the heckler. "You know, such remarks don't exactly look good in public. It would be very unfortunate if this was being taped and your boss happened to..." James gasped, clearly enjoying the melodrama. "Oh wait, it is. And based on who you're sitting with, your boss is watching. A damn shame really." James shrugged. "On the plus side, this video is probably already going viral. So you've got that going for you."

The heckler didn't expect that kind of response from Dalton. It seemed oddly defense. So, in his mind, a rousing victory. He simply let out one last snort and sat down.

Back
Top Bottom