• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Return of Cross-Gen Evolutions?

A split pre-evolution for Pansage/Pansear/Panpour would work.

Also, no more new Eeveelutions. Focus on adding Mega forms for Eeveelutions instead.

My main concern is not pertaining the battle value of a Pkmn taking into account the Eviolite stuff early in this thread, what I want with evolutions is diversity, new designs, new types! I don't care if a Pkmn is bad or not in battle, if I like it I'll raise it.

Last edited:
Yea, since the Eviolite was introduced in Gen 5 (right after Gen 4), it seems like they won't give new evolutions anymore, except to pokemon that can already evolve, like Eevee.

So much for my hopes of a Trevenant evolution.

Unless that one leak got some things wrong (very possible, we've had extremely credible leaks before with false parts), we're getting some this gen. Would love for some of the beta baby pokemon to sneak their way in, too.

Unless that one leak got some things wrong (very possible, we've had extremely credible leaks before with false parts), we're getting some this gen. Would love for some of the beta baby pokemon to sneak their way in, too.

I really hope there are new evos, there are certainly enough options with gens 4-7, but I hope they don't add babies, they're kinda useless imo.

Yea, since the Eviolite was introduced in Gen 5 (right after Gen 4), it seems like they won't give new evolutions anymore, except to pokemon that can already evolve, like Eevee.

So much for my hopes of a Trevenant evolution.
Maybe they could introduce new evolutions but the Eviolite can still treat some Pokémon who have new evolutions as fully evolved?

we dont even know but maybe Corviknight evolved from Pikapeck and is a branch evo of it that evolves differently when in Galar region or when learning a new steel type move?

I don't think they will be brought back. Sinnoh, Jhoto, and Kanto are supposed to be part of the same country so cross-gen evolutions between them make sense but not between regions from other parts of the Pokemon world.

EDIT: -Sylveon doesn't count since Eevee is a special case because it's the evolution Pokemon and it's supposed to get an evolution from every type at one point

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about cross gen evolutions. Certain pokemon like corsola, sigilyph, and qwilfish have good designs, but could certainly become cooler with a new evolution. I would be happy if pokemon like that got an aesthetically pleasing evolution. It's also possible for pokemon with bad/mediocre designs to get evolutions which makes them actually cool, such as the rumored farfetch'd evolution. On the other hand, I'm scared of certain pokemon I like, such as pyukumuku, swalot and stunfisk, getting them, and potentially ruining them, because they're already perfect as is. This is why I'd much rather have galarian forms, because they can do everything an evolution can - improve a pokemon's design and improve a pokemon's ability to perform in battle. They're also less likely to ruin pokemon with already great designs, because not only are they less drastic of an aestetic change than most evolution are, but you can always just use the regular form even if the variant turns out looking bad (ie dugtrio and alolan dugtrio).

I expect them to be brought back, since the most credible leak we have mentions them. Hopefully gamefreak designs the new evolutions well and is wise about which pokemon they assign them to.

we dont even know but maybe Corviknight evolved from Pikapeck and is a branch evo of it that evolves differently when in Galar region or when learning a new steel type move?
I don't think Corviknight is related to any old Pokémon or even the regional bird, since his first typing is Flying. I would argue it would be Steel/Flying if it was the last stage of the regional bird.

I think evolutions do much more than regional variants can do. Evolutions increase the base stat total... Regional variants move stats around without changing the total. Both can make a Pokémon better, but an evolution is undeniably the stronger one.

@SerenaToAlola

With Sirfetch'd they threw the eviolite "issue" out the window apparently. Tbh, I always thought Eviolite wasn't the problem.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom