• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Returning from a Pokémon TCG Hiatus

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I used to collect Pokémon cards as a child much to my Mother’s chagrin. I stopped or rather I was not allowed to continue on the recommendation of my Aunt - a clinical psychiatrist - who was having me screened for obsessive compulsive behaviour.

I was very careful with my cards, with all my toys in fact. I stopped around the first Pokémon movie or some time into “The Johto Journeys“. I still have all of my original 90s cards in binders that have been stored safely since that time. My father collects stamps so he took good care of them.

I’m in my 20s now having just married the most wonderful man and we’re expecting our first child. As a treat he took me to Japan for our honeymoon (I had no idea). I bought some Japanese Pokémon cards from the Pokémon in Tokyo. I’d like to start collecting again and everyone I’ve spokeon to is fine with this as my habits simply shifted to manga and collectibles when I stopped the TCG.

I apologise for such a long post but if you could offer me any advice on how to get started again I’d appreciated it. I don’t battle with the cards so I do not care about meta decks I simply wish to collect again. I live in the UK and our village is remote so I would need to get cards and whatnot online where is the best place? That sort of thing.

Thank you! Love Lillie... x

Last edited:
TL: DR

I need help on getting back into the TCG I’ve not bought packs since the original set.

Luv,

Lilie

@Lillie of the Valley Honestly I would start by looking at set lists to see what they have and what you could pull. Like if you're a fan of 4th gen? Ultra Prism has a lot of 4th Gen.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom