• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
I'm not a fan of Jangmo-o yet I'm afraid to say

Unless Jangmo-o has a branch evolution and we get both a Dragon/Fight and Dragon/Steel.

lowkey this is what I imagined

Also, it could be the first pseudo to have a branch evolution.

I don't know why everybody thinks this pokemon is gonna be the pseudo lol but I think a split evolution psuedo would be dope

Wait...if the guardians are legendaries and they are owned by the Kahunas then that means we won't be able to get them unless they are not owned by a pokeball and merely work with the Kahuna?

Looking at the footage and what has been said about them so far I have a hunch that the Island Guardians probably aren't captured by the Kahunas. Tapu Koko at the least seems to do whatever it feels like and roam wherever it wants. It's probably more like they are summoned by the Kahuna when it comes time to face a challenger instead of being sent out from a Poke Ball. As for capturing the Island Guardians ourselves it's probably just one of those non-canon post-game encounters like a lot of the other Legendary Pokemon.

I'm not a fan of Jangmo-o yet I'm afraid to say

I don't know why everybody thinks this pokemon is gonna be the pseudo lol but I think a split evolution psuedo would be dope

If we're going by patterns being a Dragon-type gives Jangmo-o a greater than average chance of being a pseudo-legendary. But then there is also the trend of pseudo-legendary not being revealed before their games come out. I'm talking about patterns hear so people are of course gonna bring up that recent games have broken many patterns so why not break some more. With that in mind I'll give the Dragon-type pseudo-legendary trend a better chance of being relaxed over the one about pseudos saved for in-game reveal since that one is the more prevalent of the two. Also I personally feel we're due for some more diversity in the pseudo-legendary category.

If we're going by patterns being a Dragon-type gives Jangmo-o a greater than average chance of being a pseudo-legendary. But then there is also the trend of pseudo-legendary not being revealed before their games come out. I'm talking about patterns hear so people are of course gonna bring up that recent games have broken many patterns so why not break some more. With that in mind I'll give the Dragon-type pseudo-legendary trend a better chance of being relaxed over the one about pseudos saved for in-game reveal since that one is the more prevalent of the two. Also I personally feel we're due for some more diversity in the pseudo-legendary category.
That's fair, 'm honestly hoping for something totally out of the left-field, like a Grass or Bug Pseudo.

does somebody think that the Tapu will be fairy/electric, fairy/grass, fairy/ice, fairy/ground(rock got weather, ground would deserve a sand based version) and a pure fairy or fairy/steel for Misty Terrain cast ability?
If Jangmo-o will be a dragon/steel then with Soundproof it will be the first one to take on Roar of time head on. (more ghost and psychic sound based moves, really ??? those two types without sound based moves for 6 generations???)

Loking that we have a new fire/dragon and a fire/poison salandid this makes pretty sense.
Maybe a ice/dragon and water/dragon are somewhere there waiting for us.(alolan form, megas or regular ones)

Last edited:
I thought it would be Fire, Electric, Psychic and Ghost, since those seem to be the typings of each island (think of Oricorio).

I'm assuming that the other guardians will be Fairy/Secondary type matching that of the terrain they set up in battle (with the Misty Terrain guardian being a pure fairy). This gives us Tapu Koko (our current revealed guardian with Electric Terrain), Fairy/Grass guardian (triggers Grassy Terrain), Pure Fairy guardian (triggers Misty Terrain), and one more guardian that could summon a new terrain.

My speculations for possible new terrains that the guardian would summon (and of course be given their own move for others to trigger) are: Frozen Terrain (Ice type, reduces evasion of all Pokemon touching the ground (due to slipping around too much to properly dodge)), Featureless Terrain (Normal type, increases the power of STAB moves for all Pokemon touching the ground by another 1.5X (Yes this would stack with Adaptability)), and Spectral Terrain (Ghost type, grants all Pokemon touching the ground immunity to Normal and Fighting Type moves).

I thought Tapu Koko's Electric Surge is unique in itself that it summons a terrain move.

I thought it would be Fire, Electric, Psychic and Ghost, since those seem to be the typings of each island (think of Oricorio).

Birds fly and terrains don't. (we even dont know if they really have to do with them or other pokemon, that Tapu looked more like Zapdos then Oricorio, it looks weird neither one also could be)

Fire could be but magma is under neath terrain and when it comes out as lava it quickly becomes hard and part of the new ground...

Ground(sandy desert) and Ice are natural choices(they exist in real life) seeing that we got water, fire, normal(mist), rock and ice wether conditions...

Psychic got rooms and gravity, ghosts may get something similar like psychic did but no terrain, it would need to be a graveyard... and ghost and dark would have still a fight...

psychic, fire, ghost for terrains that would be real joke and a great facepalm for ground and ice types...

Last edited:
I subscribe to the idea that the Tapu will be Electric/Fairy, Psychic/Fairy, Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy. The island colours are yellow, pink, red and purple/violet - going by the Island Trial keychain-thing. Oricorio are also yellow, pink, red and purple/violet. The Ghost Oricorio's dance is also said to worship and appeal to its island guardian iirc, so we're definitely getting at least a Ghost/Fairy guardian. And Tapu Koko is yellow and Electric on the yellow ("Melemele") island which also holds the Electric and yellow Oricorio. So to me the theory seems pretty solid for the moment. No idea what abilities the other ones are going to have though.

I guess they don't have to all be part Fairy in this scenario though, but if they're intended to be a quartet they probably will be.

Also I personally feel we're due for some more diversity in the pseudo-legendary category.

Definitely. I really want an Ice (Ice/Fighting preferably) pseudo.

I still think Jangmo-o could be the pseudo. It has a bit of that vibe to me. But I was wrong about Axew before BW, so I might be wrong here too.

One thing still bothers me, though... Why is the Rockruff family Rock-type?

Yeah I don't know either. Other than the rocks stuck in their manes it's not very obvious. I don't think Rockruff's flavour text on the official site even hints at any sort of rock-based behaviour or skills either.

Also I'm wondering what other requirements are necessary for its evolution. If it's just day/night based you would be able to evolve one straight away, so I wonder if happiness or level come into it. Maybe something like Mime Jr and Bonsly learning Mimic, it could be if it learns Howl at either day or night since we have a wolf and werewolf? Or I wonder if some kind of measurement of how long it's spent out in the day/night, since the text seemed to say it bathes in either sunlight or moonlight.

Well, we finally got the wolf / werewolf Pokemon everyone wanted for the past 20 years.

Now if they can just pull off the dolphin . . .

The only official explanation seems to be the rocks in its collar. Kind of like Cyndaquil has fire coming out of its back?

I'm just so happy to even see a Rock-type that's based on a mammal instead of a reptile, a fossil, or a sentient rock, that I ain't gonna question it. :D

Anyone else finding Tapu Koko infinitely cooler after the Ultra Beast scene? These are potentially something like really powerful beings from another universe and Tapu Koko just blasts in from nowhere to defend Hala like "nope, this is not happening on my island!". :D

Makes me wonder just how involved Tapu Koko and the guardians are going to be. I recall hearing Tapu Koko is going to be important to the story.

I do admit that scene where Tapu Koko and the Ultra Beasts charging at each other was pretty awesome. I guess the guardians would have some sort of role in the story perhaps?

My bro made an interesting comment (I'm not sure if it was him or one of the millions of youtubers he watches that came up with it) about what determines which Rugarugan Rockruff will evolve into: Version. Basically, what he's saying is that in Sun version, it'll evolve into Ragarugan-Day, and in Moon it'll evolve into Ragurugan-Night. What do people think about this? Likely? Unlikely? I think it's actually a considerable possibility, it's basically just another version of the whole "Version exclusive Pokemon" dealie they've been doing since day one.

My bro made an interesting comment (I'm not sure if it was him or one of the millions of youtubers he watches that came up with it) about what determines which Rugarugan Rockruff will evolve into: Version. Basically, what he's saying is that in Sun version, it'll evolve into Ragarugan-Day, and in Moon it'll evolve into Ragurugan-Night. What do people think about this? Likely? Unlikely? I think it's actually a considerable possibility, it's basically just another version of the whole "Version exclusive Pokemon" dealie they've been doing since day one.

Well...CoroCoro does say that the Midday form is "limited to Sun", so I do think this is the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom