• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
For those disappointed with Jangmo-o's evolutions (I'm neutral myself), there is the possibility of Day/Night variations for them, like Lycanroc. It's not likely given that they probably would have advertised this, but it's possible.

For those disappointed with Jangmo-o's evolutions (I'm neutral myself), there is the possibility of Day/Night variations for them, like Lycanroc. It's not likely given that they probably would have advertised this, but it's possible.
I dunno it's not a bad evolution method, but I don't want them to go overboard and throw it onto everything just because the games are called Sun and Moon.

Tsareena-- a queen themed Pokemon that stomps people.
The Stomp deals damage AND lowers attack

Ooo wooo.

So they made a queen Pokemon for those people.

I really like Bounsweet's evolutions and Ribombee is the cutest drug dealer ever.

Silvally's mohawk crest looks really wonky to me though I like the rest of it.

some people would have wanted a dragon/steel and got apetite for it but this also will work somehow.
There was a info that it trains from young.

Type:Nulls evolution Silvadi could have changed type after attack used, could have Protean, but interesting will be to see how it reacts with items? will it change type if it uses a Z-move? and so on.

a little bit disapointed about the new grass thats it pure but it has a good ability Queenly Majesty, but why so female named? Majesty would allow more pokemon to get it in future.
bug/fairy nice typing but its abilities . I feel a little disappointed with some of their abilities.

Last edited:
I don't like Jagmo-o's evos, since they look gross and don't even match with their typings IMO. When I first saw them, I literally thought they were fake.

Also, training from a young age =/= Fighting Type. All Pokémon fight and train, so does that mean all Pokémon are fighting Types? No.

All Pokémon fight and train, so does that mean all Pokémon are fighting Types? No.
Well, this is more getting into worldbuilding with other adaptations, but that's not necessarily the case. Some are kept as pets, some are trained for a specific purpose outside of fighting, some are researchers. Not every mon out there is trained for the express purpose of handling multiple things at once; that's something only the players are gutsy enough to do in their own universe, outside of a select few named NPCs.

The difference here is that they're making it a point of their training regime - it may not necessarily stem from ownership of the mon by a trainer, but rather on its natural habitat, where it has no ties to anyone but itself, its own species and the species that live amongst them.

I think Alolan Grimer and Muk maybe based upon zombie, which is why they are Dark type. The constant hunger, the crystals that look like exposed teeth and bones. Instead of brain, I can hear them calling out, "gaaaarbage".

not sure how to feel about tsareena, it's not what I was hoping for, but I'm not sure I dislike it either. If its name is derived from tsundere like I think it may be, that would be amaze.

"It even turns its fearsome glare upon its own Trainer if the two of them are not fully in sync, or if its Trainer orders it to use a move that will be ineffective. "

Ash needs to get one

Ribombee is alright, I like how it looks more like a fairy than cutiefly does. The scarf is cute too, though I dunno how I feel about it losing its needle-mouth. I guess it looks cuter like this, but it was also an important and unique design aspect.

I still hate it, because it is muk, but overlooking that, I think the design is actually sort of neat. Its alternating colors thing along with the crystals is fun. Also its abilities aren't good, so that's another point for it. The inspiration for it comes across as a bit lazy tho. I googled "hawaii garbage problem" and I didn't read a ton but all I got from it is that hawaii has a garbage problem derived from garbage washing in from the ocean, which isn't what the site says grimer was imported for. "When the population of the Alola region increased, dealing with their garbage became a serious problem. As a solution, Grimer were imported from other regions."

Last edited:
Jangmo-o line is not getting day/night forms. That is most likely reserved for Lycanroc. Anyway, I like the new reveals that we got today.

Whew, this update was a slay.

"It even turns its fearsome glare upon its own Trainer if the two of them are not fully in sync, or if its Trainer orders it to use a move that will be ineffective. "

Ash needs to get one

LOL tru

Ribombee is alright, I like how it looks more like a fairy than cutiefly does. The scarf is cute too, though I dunno how I feel about it losing its needle-mouth. I guess it looks cuter like this, but it was also an important and unique design aspect.

I feel the same; I expected the probiscis to very much carry over into a hummingbird moth or even mosquito design.

Rimbombee feels kind of disconnected from Cutiefly, I think.

Its alternating colors thing along with the crystals is fun. Also its abilities aren't good, so that's another point for it. The inspiration for it comes across as a bit lazy tho. I googled "hawaii garbage problem" and I didn't read a ton but all I got from it is that hawaii has a garbage problem derived from garbage washing in from the ocean, which isn't what the site says grimer was imported for. "When the population of the Alola region increased, dealing with their garbage became a serious problem. As a solution, Grimer were imported from Kanto".

I mean, I liked the explanation okay enough. I think some people take the Hawaii thing too literally when it's just inspiration, and not necessarily anything more.

It beats "it ate too many pancakes so it became psychic type" and "there were lots of grass types so it became ghost type" at least, I think.

"there were lots of grass types so it became ghost type" at least, I think.

That's not why Marowak became a Ghost type, though. That's why it became a Fire type.

not sure how to feel about tsareena, it's not what I was hoping for, but I'm not sure I dislike it either. If its name is derived from tsundere like I think it may be, that would be amaze.
I'm pretty sure it's based on the Russian "czar" (sometimes spelled as "tsar," I believe), which is a type of monarch.

Speaking of Tsareena, apparently the mangosteen, the fruit which it is based on, is known as the "Queen of Fruit." Interesting. Here's what Wikipedia has to say:

There is a legend about Queen Victoria offering a reward of 100 pounds sterling to anyone who could deliver to her the fresh fruit.[3][9] Although this legend can be traced to a 1930 publication by the fruit explorer, David Fairchild,[1] it is not substantiated by any known historical document, yet is probably responsible for the uncommon designation of mangosteen as the "Queen of Fruit".[9]

Last edited:
I definitely think Jararanga is the pseudo of gen 7. It has the design for it and it is likely to have the stats for it too.

Back
Top Bottom