• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
the first grass starter that can handle our fire/fighting friends and has a greater chance of survival(Boomburst, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Focus Blast, Close Combat), if this one could get Thick Fat like mega Venusaur had or Disquise for that matter. Superv.
You're still going to get incinerated. There's no way around that. And against its own Fire-type counterpart, it loses out on both types because Incineroar's got the Dark-type advantage too!

You're still going to get incinerated. There's no way around that. And against its own Fire-type counterpart, it loses out on both types because Incineroar's got the Dark-type advantage too!

I know but it depends on the situation, if its faster it can U-turn out or who knows maybe they will surprise us somehow? even with phantom force or fly it can atleast make a formidable hit. And if it's a burrowing owl, why not even learn Dig? that would be weird but good for a grass starter.
Dig would be posibble in a other way, as a ghost it could fly in the ground not needing to actually dig and comming out like normally(in the anime that would look cool, it flies into the ground to come out in a burst)
All depends on stats, movesets and luck or situation, we have more 6 pokemon in a team and not 1vs1 battles only.

Last edited:
I think the Grass starter could learn Dig or perhaps a Rock type move. Hidden Power Rock would work if it is a special attacker.

When Smash Bros. Switch comes out, Decidueye better be playable. Assuming it's fast, I may have a zoning character I actually enjoy playing for a change.

Cosmog - I must protect it, its so cute. It looks like it came straight out of the Mario & Luigi series.

Wow, that is absolutely true. It also resembles Huff N. Puff from Paper Mario.

I know but it depends on the situation, if its faster it can U-turn out or who knows maybe they will surprise us somehow? even with phantom force or fly it can atleast make a formidable hit. And if it's a burrowing owl, why not even learn Dig? that would be weird but good for a grass starter.
Dig would be posibble in a other way, as a ghost it could fly in the ground not needing to actually dig and comming out like normally(in the anime that would look cool, it flies into the ground to come out in a burst)
All depends on stats, movesets and luck or situation, we have more 6 pokemon in a team and not 1vs1 battles only.

The problem with dig is that, Decidueye isn't a burrowing owl, it is based on a stilt owl. If Decidueye was a burrowing owl, it should've been Grass/Ground with levitate.

So, I think decidueye dosen't deserve dig.

Incineroar on the other hand could use dig, I'd say. Fit his heel fighting style. What's that? You wanna use a move on me? TOO BAD I'M GONE!

...Then again you probably wouldn't wanna use that on anyone who may know Earthquake... >->

deserve dig.
but does a ghost really need to burrow into ground like a living creature to hide underground? or could it say vanish into the ground like a ghost can move through a wall?

-if it would lack ground type moves like Serperior will you be happy, becuse I would be not.

but does a ghost really need to burrow into ground like a living creature to hide underground? or could it say vanish into the ground like a ghost can move through a wall?

That sounds more like Phantom Force rather than Dig, which it will probably get.

That sounds more like Phantom Force rather than Dig, which it will probably get.
yes you probably right... but Trevenant got it, a tree that digs into the ground, atleast that is good.

Does anyone think they'll reveal any new Pokémon before the games come out? They've been steadily revealing new Pokémon every two weeks or so (roughly), and there's about two weeks left. Time is running out.
What did they do with XY's prerelease cycle at this point?

I have no real clue what XY's release cycle was like, but we got a small batch last week, so that leaves next week (i.e. a week before release) free for a couple of new ones. I don't see many being shown, maybe around the amount we got last time, but I can see one last reveal happening.

-if it would lack ground type moves like Serperior will you be happy, becuse I would be not.

I think I said that it dosen't deserve dig. Please read my whole sentence to make a point, please.

I hope Alolan Exeggcutor gets to keep Harvest as its hidden ability. With a better type combination, Harvest/Sitrus Berry/Leech Seed/Substitute would be more fun.

Yeah, but it doesn't really fit Decidueye. If it was based on the burrowing owl it would be fair, but it looks to be based on the stilt owl. Phantom Force I could buy thanks to the Ghost Type, but not Dig.
then What ground moves could or should it learn?
Thousand Arrows?

then What ground moves could or should it learn?
Thousand Arrows?
Well, for one thing, who says it needs to know any Ground Type moves at all?
On the other hand, Ground Type moves I can see working for it are:
  • Sand Attack
  • Bulldoze
  • Maybe Mud Bomb and Mud Shot
  • Maybe Spikes
  • Maybe Earth Power

I love all four guardians. I only like a certain number of Fairy types but all four guardians are brilliant. Design and abilities are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom