• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Well, for one thing, who says it needs to know any Ground Type moves at all?
On the other hand, Ground Type moves I can see working for it are:
  • Sand Attack
  • Bulldoze
  • Maybe Mud Bomb and Mud Shot
  • Maybe Spikes
  • Maybe Earth Power

How on earth is Dig so unnatural for Decidueye but Bulldoze makes sense? :p

Mud Bomb I can see, though, and Earth Power sure; Spikes would be interesting and possible

@Psalmist Drill Run makes no sense, there's nothing Decidueye is drilling. Y'all don't need to like... force moves that don't work lol :coffee:

How on earth is Dig so unnatural for Decidueye but Bulldoze makes sense? :p

Mud Bomb I can see, though, and Earth Power sure; Spikes would be interesting and possible

@Psalmist Drill Run makes no sense, there's nothing Decidueye is drilling. Y'all don't need to like... force moves that don't work lol :coffee:
Bulldoze makes more sense on Decidueye than some Pokemon that actually have it. Seviper for instance. Plus the description of Bulldoze describes running the opponent down, which is easily doable by Decidueye. Digging is just something I'm having trouble seeing that body doing.

Bulldoze makes more sense on Decidueye than some Pokemon that actually have it. Seviper for instance. Plus the description of Bulldoze describes running the opponent down, which is easily doable by Decidueye. Digging is just something I'm having trouble seeing that body doing.

How is skinny ass Decidueye gonna run anything down :p At least Dedicueye digging a hole at least seems possible for that body to be doing, how I see it, even though it would be illogical and dumb and I don't think Decidueye should get Dig either

Serperior learning Bulldoze is weird too, though, good point! Even Serperior has a larger, more slammable body, though

I like Decidueye the best out of the starters design-wise, but I just don't have a whole lot of faith that he'll succeed where Trevenant & Gourgeist failed (unless the rumor about Synchro Evolution/Z-Forms turns out to be true). Incineroar has potential. I do not like the Popplio line at all - but it felt like they were really pushing that one.

I like Decidueye the best out of the starters design-wise, but I just don't have a whole lot of faith that he'll succeed where Trevenant & Gourgeist failed (unless the rumor about Synchro Evolution/Z-Forms turns out to be true). Incineroar has potential. I do not like the Popplio line at all - but it felt like they were really pushing that one.
That was speculation, not rumors, and Battle Bond Greninja more or less put a stop to that.

That was speculation, not rumors, and Battle Bond Greninja more or less put a stop to that.
Just curious, what's the difference between speculation and a rumour?
I don't quite think that Battle Bond Greninja really put a stop to that idea. It just hasn't been mentioned recently.

Just curious, what's the difference between speculation and a rumour?
I don't quite think that Battle Bond Greninja really put a stop to that idea. It just hasn't been mentioned recently.

Definition of RUMOR

Definition of SPECULATION

I mean, I'd have thought the distinction was more clear given that we have a thread that partitions rumors/fakes/leaks from people's general speculation in every other thread.

Trevenant was pretty good I thought? I've had quite a few fun matches since it has pretty good recovery options and stuff...

Neither Grass nor Ghost are reliable offensive types, so Decidueye is going to have to have something more than Speed and good attacking stats to compete. A wide movepool with great type coverage is a start.

BREAKING NEWS:
There was recently a datamine video on YouTube of the stats and movepools for all Sun & Moon Pokemon (from the eShop download I guess?). It's not there anymore, seems to have been taken down by Nintendo pretty soon after getting posted.

I'm not going to spoil anything specifically, but I'll just say that if it was in fact the actual correct info...

...then the only new Pokemon from this Gen I can honestly say at this point I am even considering putting on my team in place of older Pokemon are Midday Lycanroc, Alolan Ninetales, a couple of the Ultra Beasts (if they are even catchable), and maybe a couple others whose actual movepools I didn't look at very closely.

BREAKING NEWS:
There was recently a datamine video on YouTube of the stats and movepools for all Sun & Moon Pokemon (from the eShop download I guess?). It's not there anymore, seems to have been taken down by Nintendo pretty soon after getting posted.

I'm not going to spoil anything specifically, but I'll just say that if it was in fact the actual correct info...

...then the only new Pokemon from this Gen I can honestly say at this point I am even considering putting on my team in place of older Pokemon are Midday Lycanroc, Alolan Ninetales, a couple of the Ultra Beasts (if they are even catchable), and maybe a couple others whose actual movepools I didn't look at very closely.

Sincerely not to like be annoying but this isn't really breaking news we've all known that the entire games leaked and have been datamined for I think close to a week now

There's threads for it, like the datamine thread

Sincerely not to like be annoying but this isn't really breaking news we've all known that the entire games leaked and have been datamined for I think close to a week now

There's threads for it, like the datamine thread

I was being sarcastic, not to mention erring on the side of caution since this isn't the datamine thread after all. :sneaky:

EDIT:

-Decidueye
-Alolan Ninetales
-Alolan Golem
-Oranguru
-Vaporeon
-Salazzle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom