• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Not happy about this to be honest. With gen 7 announced, Zygarde has been left completely weak in gen 6 and it's new forms have gotten completely ignored. I starting to dislike Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon even more now. As for new pokemon, maybe have a native bird that evolves into a pokemon with a different primary type like Fletching did.

We don't know anything yet, though. There are still ways to add Zygarde into SM and wrap up lose ends regarding Kalos. It's too early to to make conclusions.

Since people are mentioning more aquatic Pokemon, I'll say I'd like to see a bobbit worm and a sea urchin.

Here's some gifs of a bobbit worm and you'll see why I want one

IOlpPQK.gif
w0tcrhkezt1vy2hyzbi3.gif

XY's roster was small but it was solid overall. I have faith they'll continue that same quality here.

Last edited:
Disappointed that they didn't show the new starters. I'm hoping for something along the lines of:

Grass starter: Grass/Electric would be pretty freaking cool, and it's a starter type we've never had. Or maybe a Grass/Poison again. Hasn't been used for a starter sine Venusaur. Would be a nice little reference for the anniversary. Grass/Dragon would also be very welcome. Base of design? I dunno, honestly. Maybe a badger? Or maybe even a Komodo Dragon? Speedy with good special attack would be nice.

Fire starter: Fire...honestly any type combination that a Fire type starter has never had before. Definitely not Fire/Fighting. Not Fire/Fighting, and not another Fire/Psychic immediately after Gen VI. Maybe even a pure Fire type starter would be okay, as long as the design and stats are good. JUST PLEASE, NOT FIRE FIGHTING AND FOR GOD'S SAKE LET IT BE QUADRUPEDAL.

Water starter: Water/Steel or Water/Ice would be cool. Preferably a decent balance between offense and defense, with offense being slightly stronger.

Hope we see starters soon, though I have a feeling we won't see much more until E3.

Last edited:
Fire/Ice starter? Electric could work too. I'd love the idea of a dark/ice wolf. It could have a space in the plot. It could be misunderstood, but is actually trying to protect something.

More Dragon types. Evolutions and pre-evolutions of older pokemon. Around 9 legendary pokemon.
Gen 1 had 6 legendary Pokemon, gen 2 had 6 legendary Pokemon, gen 3 had 10 legendary Pokemon, gen 4 had 14 (13 if you exclude Phione) legendary Pokemon, gen 5 had 13 legendary Pokemon, and gen 6 had 6 legendary Pokemon. It'll be nice to have around 10+ legendary Pokemon in the 7th generation since we haven't had more then 6 since the fifth gen.

I'd like fewer legendary pokemon, honestly. It makes them feel more special. Plus it would allow them to better fit into the lore of the region. Instead of just having a bunch that are just... there, y'know?

I'd love more fairy types. Maybe a dark + fairy type to show fairies aren't all just cutesy pink creatures? Faeries in mythology are hardly pure and good, after all.

I too prefer the number of Legendary Pokemon to be low, maybe a bit higher than Gen VI's.
That said, this is assuming the number of pokemon they're releasing is low. (Maybe ~100, I'd think less though.) What really matters to me is the ratio of legendary pokemon : total pokemon introduced in a gen. That's why Gen IV was ridiculous, while V was not (as much. Compared to I, it still is. But the times they are a changin.) So if they're adding ~120 Pokemon or more, then sure, around 10 legendaries would be nice.

Plus it would allow them to better fit into the lore of the region.
Yes, exactly. In fact, I don't want a legendary if it doesn't have a meaningful backstory and at least a half-cool game story around capturing it.

As for other Pokemon? Not only do i think they'll add less, (not as less as Gen VI, but certainly not as much as other "Odd" Generations) but I also hope they do. I don't know why: years ago I was completely opposite. But yeah, now I prefer fewer new Pokemon.
As for types, can we go through all possible type combinations now? Can we get that over with?
I mean it doesn't sound like a good idea to do it just for the sake of doing it, but I'm sure they can... And how many combos are there left that haven't been done already? I'm sure there must be a chart somewhere....

Pokémon Moon's maskot pokemon could be a ghost/fairy type with the ability to bring night at any time of the day.

I'd say that 9 should be the absolute maximum number of legendaries, and they should only go that high if there are at least 100 critters overall. They may want to give us another 580 BST trio after skipping one in Kalos.

Last edited:
If it is the new regional bird, I'd love the little woodpecker birdie to be a two part line - I think I'd prefer that to another three-part regional bird.

I'd prefer a water/dark dolphin if we get one, makes much more sense.
Water/psychic octopus - now that I could get behind.

(I also have high hopes that one of the starters will be /fairy, at least in Mega form.)

I always felt the world of amphibians was horrendously underexplored. Sure, we have about 20 frogs, but no newts, no salamanders and no caecilians. I mean, who wouldn't want to raise this goofy little guy?

a46bc6826f428b9b78b0b1e6b65507a4.jpg

It's basically a living sock puppet!

Back
Top Bottom