• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
What type could a woodpecker line end up if we are assuming it could be the regional bird and wanting it to follow in Talonflame's footsteps? All I can really guess right now is a fast Steel/Flying could be cool. Talonflame's line has an archery theme throughout so another theme like that could be prevalent with a woodpecker line.

Two gast special attackers an ice type and a humming bird. I don't care if they are the same pokemon as long as it's fast enough.

Last edited:
I'd really love if they'd stick to six legendaries again like XY, though with a different approach. As Zeb said, the less the better. Legendaries should be special/rare, so it doesn't make much sense to have 13 floating around >_>. My ideal set is having a trio, a duo (the mascots), and a mythical pokemon. XY didn't have any groups outside of the mascots which was pretty disappointing in my opinion, so I'd definitely like to see that changed.

In terms of types, I'd love to see a poison-type legendary after all these years. I'm biased as it's my favorite type, but I think the designs could be really interesting for it.

I want a pseudo-legendary Pokemon that has a split evolutionary branch--one that uses a Sun Stone, and one that uses a Moon Stone.

There is the issue that evolutionary stones would allow people to get these Pokemon at much lower levels than required, but I don't think its necessarily an issue if they make the initial evolution at a relatively high cap. Metang, for example, evolves at level 45, so the new pseudo-legendary's basic form can evolve to Stage 1 at 45. That's still nowhere near as bad as Deino, who couldn't evolve until Level 50.

Alternatively, the Game Freak likes their weird evolution methods--so perhaps we'll have the first Pokemon who evolves by a combination of Sun and Moon Stones. For example: Basic evolves at level 30. Stage 1 cannot evolve by evolutionary stone until level 55. This can be explained by saying that its body is still under development, and once it gets strong enough, it can take in cosmic energy to evolve.

Related to combining Sun and Moon Stones with other evolutionary methods--a Pokemon that can only evolve with the Sun Stone at night, and a Pokemon that can only evolve with the Moon Stone during the day. These two can be version exclusives highlighting the day-night duality.

I'd like to see one based on a jaguar. Water/Dark typing would be perfect for it, or maybe even water/fire.

I don't care if this region turns out to be more tropical, we're in need of some better Ice-types. Ice/Fairy, Ice/Poison, or even another Ice/Water would be cool.

I'm really hoping the woodpecker doesn't wind up being Grass/Flying. Sure, we don't exactly have a surplus of that combination, but that combination could seriously hinder its defensive/tactical capabilities. I want another regional bird that can actually use more tactical moves than just simply attacking: in a sense, another Noctowl, but better (and not Normal/Flying either).

I'm hoping for more Eevee evolutions. Dragon type is obvious, also maybe a ground or flying. Steel could work too. Just anything that hasn't been done yet I guess. My hopes are on Dragon or Steel.

Legendaries should be special/rare, so it doesn't make much sense to have 13 floating around >_>. My ideal set is having a trio, a duo (the mascots), and a mythical pokemon. XY didn't have any groups outside of the mascots which was pretty disappointing in my opinion, so I'd definitely like to see that changed.

In terms of types, I'd love to see a poison-type legendary after all these years. I'm biased as it's my favorite type, but I think the designs could be really interesting for it.

Exactly agreed with the legendary groups thing. I was so excited when all those Ygaddrasil theories came up, and I thought finally, we're gonna have all the legendaries this gen be related to each other. But no, we had 3 basically random event legends.
Amen to the poison type legend. I feel it's very unfair of them to include so many other types (some of them SO MANY TIMES (Psychic, Dragon, I'm lookin at you) and not even have at least one legend per type.

I want a pseudo-legendary Pokemon that has a split evolutionary branch--one that uses a Sun Stone, and one that uses a Moon Stone.

Alternatively, the Game Freak likes their weird evolution methods--so perhaps we'll have the first Pokemon who evolves by a combination of Sun and Moon Stones. For example: Basic evolves at level 30. Stage 1 cannot evolve by evolutionary stone until level 55. This can be explained by saying that its body is still under development, and once it gets strong enough, it can take in cosmic energy to evolve.

Related to combining Sun and Moon Stones with other evolutionary methods--a Pokemon that can only evolve with the Sun Stone at night, and a Pokemon that can only evolve with the Moon Stone during the day. These two can be version exclusives highlighting the day-night duality.
These are all awesome ideas. I hate how similar pseudo legends are to each other in most cases. Let's mix it up a bit, come on GF.

Speaking of evolutionary methods, although I personally don't like trading, if they want something to do with day and night... What if, let's say you have these two pokemon, and like Shelmet and Karrablast, that you have to trade for each other to evolve... BUT, the twist is, one evolves only one traded during the day time, and the other during the night time. The idea I'm trying to get to is that GF is finally realizing how international this franchise is, and perhaps this will get some international trading going on (because time zones.) Of course, if I'm honest, I would dislike this because I HATE when it's hard to evolve a pokemon, similar to how I disliked the previous two mentioned Pokemon's evolution methods, but I still admire the idea. Maybe it doesn't have to be a pair of pokemon, maybe just a single one.

If that means only one event Pokemon I'm all for it.
AHH, as much as I would love for this to happen, there's no way it's going to... If a generation lasts at least three years, they need at least three "new Pokemon" events when they're released in movies... So I don't think we're ever going to be getting LESS than three event pokemon, sadly.

Does anyone think there might be Eevee evolutions?
Hmm as much as I'd love it, I doubt we'll get any so soon.

I'm hoping for more Eevee evolutions. Dragon type is obvious, also maybe a ground or flying.
Saame. Though i don't think we're getting any, if we did, I'd prefer Dragon.

What type could a woodpecker line end up if we are assuming it could be the regional bird and wanting it to follow in Talonflame's footsteps? All I can really guess right now is a fast Steel/Flying could be cool. Talonflame's line has an archery theme throughout so another theme like that could be prevalent with a woodpecker line.
Woodpeckers are closely related to toucans, so my dearest wish is to finally get a toucan Pokemon... maybe Grass/Flying?

I thought of something with the starters - what if we get split evolutions with them? The final evolutions are obtained by using either the Dusk or Shiny Stones, and when they get a power-up they'd change to represent the Sun and the Moon.

So here's another dicussion topic I thought might be interesting:

Does anyone think there might be Eevee evolutions?

I think that we may get two more this upcoming generation. I personally would like to see both a Ground and Poison typing for Eevee.

So expanding on that bobbit worm I posted earlier in the thread. I'm thinking it could be Bug/Dark with Strong Jaw and Arena Trap. Both Crunch and Bug Bite would get the Strong Jaw boost and Arena Trap is because it hunts in a sorta-similar fashion to Trapinch. Could be cool.

I thought of something with the starters - what if we get split evolutions with them? The final evolutions are obtained by using either the Dusk or Shiny Stones, and when they get a power-up they'd change to represent the Sun and the Moon.
Even if GF is willing to challenge and overcome some traditions this Gen, there are some that I simply can't see them changing, and the starters being three-part evolution chains evolving by level is one of them. I definitely wouldn't want to see any starters evolving by stone.

Stone evolutions for the startwrs is such a bad idea. Speaking of bad ideas, I want to see them try and pull off an Ice/Steel Pokemon and see what they could do to even salvage that type combo.

Back
Top Bottom