• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Bug/Flying is too boring, we have plenty of those, and Bug/Dark would make it a uniquely typed pokemon line.

I seriously want fire/electric and fire/ice Pokemon. Maybe there could be a place in the region where a volcano got hit by a blizzard and created a large humanoid fire/ice type?

Maybe a Fire/Ice pokemon could be based on a cardinal (you know, that red bird with a crest that's always on Christmas cards for some reason surrounded by snow). It could use the fire part of it's typing to stay warm in an icy climate.

Maybe a Fire/Ice pokemon could be based on a cardinal (you know, that red bird with a crest that's always on Christmas cards for some reason surrounded by snow). It could use the fire part of it's typing to stay warm in an icy climate.

Not to get off topic, but cardinals are always depicted like that because they are one of the few birds that don't fly south for the winter. They are able to survive in both climates.

Could be a cool fire/ice type, but idk, I think that could work better on a Pokemon more... Useable? Plus, birds that aren't part flying (flightless aside) are just sort of... Weird, conceptually.

A bird that is typically seen flying that isn't a flying type just doesn't make sense IMO.
I could see a fire/ice type based on a Lynx but admittedly I would be stealing a lot of the design features from Pyroar. Make it mostly white with blue flames coming out of it's ear tips, whiskers and tail. Maybe make it more of a physical attacker than special attacker with access to both Fire Fang and Ice Fang.

To much to ask for a Rock/Electric or Rock/Fire Fossil sabertooth tiger?

Last edited:
A bird that is typically seen flying that isn't a flying type just doesn't make sense IMO.

Well it could have levitate, and there is some precedent with Stunfisk being a fish that isn't a water type, but I see your point.

they need to make an evolution for farfetch'd. flying/fighting maybe

a fire/dragon with Levitate , seems so simple but would be interesting if made right. (total stats max 500)

Only Rotom fire/electric was paired with it when it come to fire types.
Types that dont been paired with Levitate till now: fairy, bug, fighting, normal.

Electric/flying Rotom has Levitate?

I think it's finally time for a flamingo. While I don't see it being part of a regional bird line, I could see one being an extra addition like Skarmory or Swanna. Perhaps its colouration could result in a Fairy/Flying typing; a combination currently restricted to a single evolution type.

I do hope the regional bird has a more unique typing than Normal/Flying though; I will give Generation VI credit where it's due for that one. I'd love the final stage to be Electric/Flying (probably playing on the buzzard?), but if that bird briefly glimpsed in the announcement video is the regional bird...it's colouration doesn't fill me with confidence there. I've always wanted a pegasus evolution for Rapidash, so hopefully we can get a Fire/Fairy one (or urgh, a Mega Rapidash).

I think it's finally time for a flamingo. While I don't see it being part of a regional bird line, I could see one being an extra addition like Skarmory or Swanna. Perhaps its colouration could result in a Fairy/Flying typing; a combination currently restricted to a single evolution type.

I do hope the regional bird has a more unique typing than Normal/Flying though; I will give Generation VI credit where it's due for that one. I'd love the final stage to be Electric/Flying (probably playing on the buzzard?), but if that bird briefly glimpsed in the announcement video is the regional bird...it's colouration doesn't fill me with confidence there. I've always wanted a pegasus evolution for Rapidash, so hopefully we can get a Fire/Fairy one (or urgh, a Mega Rapidash).

spritzee.png

Spritzee says hi and I doubt it will get better than that ^

spritzee.png

Spritzee says hi and I doubt it will get better than that ^
Spritzee isn't a flamingo though; it's closer to a cockatoo. It could also probably do a lot better than Aromatisse. Man, I loved Spritzee's design but then it went and evolved into that.

I do hope the regional bird has a more unique typing than Normal/Flying though; I will give Generation VI credit where it's due for that one. I'd love the final stage to be Electric/Flying (probably playing on the buzzard?), but if that bird briefly glimpsed in the announcement video is the regional bird...it's colouration doesn't fill me with confidence there.

The bird gives me Starly vibes which has had me concerned. If it is a woodpecker like people think then I'm not sure what it could evolve into if the beak becomes the theme. Though Steel/Flying might be possible and the palette used (black, white, grey, red) could work for a Steel/Flying type if it keeps it throughout the line. I think we need a better look at the bird though really, it's hard to guess with the back of its head :( I just hope we aren't going to regress to another Normal/Flying line (and same for the mammal being pure Normal and yet another Bug/Flying regional bug).

Also yeah, Spritzee isn't a flamingo. It's closer to a hummingbird than a flamingo and I think even that's pushing it. Flamingos have long legs and necks, I can't see Spritzee being the design they created to represent a flamingo when it lacks both of those features.

I would love to have a rock/electric fossil, that is based on a raptor, pretty frail but fast and good attack and a spinosaurus, but I'm not sure with the type on that one. Rock/Dark, Rock/Fire maybe even rock/fighting?
I'd like to see that.
I've been wanting a raptor for a while now and the idea of a spinosaurus just makes me giddy. I'd love the heck out of it if it started out cute like Tyrunt then evolved into a holy terror.

And while we're talking fossils, I'd like a brachiosaurus. I've loved brachiosaurus since the first Jurassic Park film and I'd love one in a Pokemon game. Just don't make it predominately male, GF. (I'd want a female so I could name it Elsie.)
Bug/Flying is unlikely as cockroaches don't fly too much.
They fly enough and them sumbitches usually fly AT YOU. Gah, I canNOT stand roaches at all. That would be the one Pokemon I would either refuse to catch or make sure it rots in the PC. (I really, really, really, REALLY hate roaches!)

I do like the idea of a Fire/Grass chili pepper. Base form could be a jalapeno, the first evolution could be based on a habanero, while the final form could be a Carolina reaper. In other words, it starts out hotter and only goes up from there. :D

Don't know if someone mentioned this yet, but the regional bird shown in the Pokemon Direct has the highest probability to be a woodpecker. Some Japanese Youtuber kind of noticed that the bird feet have 2 toes forward and 2 toes backward, a trait consistent with woodpecker.
vl3lLS5.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom