• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Even though we have Bellossom, it'd be nice to see a hula dancer Grass/Fairy Pokemon.

I'm wondering if we get in the game a regional bat pokemon. I know we already got moon bat lengendary, but almost in every generation we get a new one.

I would also like to get a Flying/Fighting regional bird line (3 evolutionss) and a Normal/Poison or Normal/Grass early game pokemon (I love dual type early pokemon like Bibarel and Diggersby). No more pure Normal or Normal/Flying types early in the game! :p

I'm not sure on them being called "regional bats"... The only ones that can even be lumped in that category are Zubat and Woobat. I wouldn't be opposed to more bats though.

Porygon-Z kinda looks like a hummingbird from the way its positioned.

A Cockroach Pokémon would be great.

Even though we have Bellossom, it'd be nice to see a hula dancer Grass/Fairy Pokemon.

I'm not sure on them being called "regional bats"... The only ones that can even be lumped in that category are Zubat and Woobat. I wouldn't be opposed to more bats though.

Isn't Noibat a bat as well? I thought the names for the line were Noise+Bat and Noise+Wyvern respectively.

Wonder what type of Fossils we'll get this season. Love me some good ones, Kalos and Unova had some of my favorites ^_^

I'm kinda hoping for a mammalian fossil, perhaps a prehistoric bear or some such. However, I wouldn't be too shocked (though certainly disappointed) if we didn't get any fossils this gen... hopefully that won't be the case.

Oh yeah, since this is a new gen anyone have any ideas on what the new fossil Pokemon are going to be like here?

There was a discussion a while back, I forget which thread, in which a bunch of us expressed our desires for dinosaur fossil Pokemon. I need a Velociraptor Pokemon in my life!

I'm personally hoping for some kind of plesiosaur, yes it'd probably be the same water/rock we've gotten so much of but it's a plesiosaur!

EDIT: I would also accept an ichthyosaur, also a Kronosaurus. Pretty much just give me a cool aquatic dinosaur and I'll be good.

I want a damn stegosaurus, rock/ground with Solid Rock, that's the dream. And a "real" pterodactyl.

Anything else will be gravy.

EDIT: I would also love some prehistoric mammals, like a Smilodon or Mastodon.

Last edited:
Still hoping we get very few new Pokémon in SuMo. ~50 would be the ideal.

People hoping for over 100~150 really don't seem to have an interest on this series lasting for long while still having quality games...

I'd like to see around 100 new Pokemon personally, or at least a smaller regional Pokedex than the one Kalos had. The story was just too fast paced for the amount of Pokemon needed to fill the Pokedex.

People hoping for over 100~150 really don't seem to have an interest on this series lasting for long while still having quality games...
50 I dont think is enough. I want somewhere between 90-110 myself. I dont feel XY's number was enough Pokemon and I feel like there may be more given that I dont think Mega Evos will get that much focus this time around.

~50 isn't really enough including the regional stuff + trailerdog and Strange Souvenir Pokemon. Which totaled... 30/50 Pokemon.

If anyone wants to see my list, then here it is:
Note: I only included 2 for the regional bird and bug because they have given us two-stage lines before.

Starters = 9
Mascots + Magearna = 12
Trailerbird and evo = 14
Trailerdog = 15
Strange Souvenir Pokemon = 16
Regional bug and evo = 18
Regional cat and evo = 20
Regional rodent and evo = 22
Pikaclone = 23
Pseudo-legendary line = 26
Duo fossils = 30

I'm hoping for at least 120~130 considering this is an odd generation, which means lots of new Pokemon, if they keep that up. 150 or 151 would be nice as a nod to the amount of how many the first generation gave, but that's just a dream of mine. 50 just isn't enough and I doubt many fans would be fine with that.

I'd love to get a Normal/Ghost type, could be like a representation of being stuck in purgatory or something. I also really want an Ice Fairy and Steel/Poison Pokémon.

The real nunver of pokes doesn't matter to me but I want every type to have at least one decent line. Ground was neglected in XY totall, poison more or less as well.

As for the fossils would be neat tk get a fairy rock, maybe some angelic creature and I am still rooting for a rock related Eevee evolving via fossil power.

50 I dont think is enough. I want somewhere between 90-110 myself. I dont feel XY's number was enough Pokemon and I feel like there may be more given that I dont think Mega Evos will get that much focus this time around.
Odd number gens seem to always introduce more new Pokemon but I'm not sure how things will pan out given Mega Evolution. XY definitely had less than Unova even when you include Mega Evolutions.

Personally, I'm hoping for something like this:

(90 to 100) New Species + (3 to 5) Cross-gen Evolutions + (15 to 20) Mega Evolutions

That puts it in the 108 - 125 range of new Pokemon which puts it below what Hoenn brought us with its reboot.

Or they'll do a number Easter egg and give us 140 new Pokemon + Mega Evolutions since that's 7*20, which is the generation we're in times Pokemon's anniversary year

Ehhh, I'm feeling 90 new MAX. I'd prefer somewhere between 60-90 new Pokemon in a generation from now on. I felt like XY's number was perfectly fine, if not maybe a few too many. We're at 721 now, and 80 would take us over 800. I love new Pokemon, but about 70 new would be perfectly fine imo.

Back
Top Bottom