• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
- Wimpod is a decent looking pokemon. Not a new type, but that's not bad. That yellow in the eyes doesn't fit with the rest. Would've been better with grey-blue eyes.

-Bounsweet: WTF it looked like a pre-evolution of Cherubi. Solo grass isn't really something interesting, but the similarity with Cherubii gives me some hope for more pre-/evolution for older pokemon. Design is ok, nothing special.

-Comfey. The Klefki of this gen. Meh design. It should've been a grass type too.

-Mudsdale is my personal favourite. Ground type horse pokemon is really neat. Design is overrloaded though. Too many things on it's body, but the colours are rightly choosen, except for the feets. Too bright for a contrast with it's legs. Hope the evolution fixes the problems of it's design.

From the bad ones (IMO) we got last week to decent ones like these. Nothing really awesome except maybe that horse since we got Salandit.
I know that the type really needs it, but god please no more Bug types. We already got a good amount of them. Please show more other types like ground and poison.

I am also tired to see more pokemon. They should save them as a suprise for the games and instead focus more on the mechanics. Hyper training is neat, but it's just the super training with more? features.

- Wimpod is a decent looking pokemon. Not a new type, but that's not bad. That yellow in the eyes doesn't fit with the rest. Would've been better with grey-blue eyes.

It's not a new type, no, but the only Bug/Water we have now is Surskit and that loses it upon evolving so fingers crossed Wimpod evolves and if it does that it keeps the typing.

From the bad ones (IMO) we got last week to decent ones like these. Nothing really awesome except maybe that horse since we got Salandit.
I know that the type really needs it, but god please no more Bug types. We already got a good amount of them. Please show more other types like ground and poison.

We still don't have an Ice-type revealed :( Always getting shafted....

It's on Serebii's write-up for all the news, says it's for healing moves. It might increase your allies healing moves too I guess?

Yeah the official page states it too. Maybe it gives priority to all moves that have some kind of healing aspect? So maybe it has priority on Draining Kiss?

Yeah the official page states it too. Maybe it gives priority to all moves that have some kind of healing aspect? So maybe it has priority on Draining Kiss?

That's a good idea. The site doesn't seem to mention it working on allies moves so my idea is probably wrong. There's also the option that they have nerfed Prankster to not work with so many types of non-attacking moves?

Bewear the fluffy pink death. I am giggling like a madman at that Wynaut tier pun of a name, like holy shit.

All of the new Pokemon are top tier designs. This is going to be the hardest New Pokemon run after Unova, I can feel it in my bones. I already have like 3 teams set up from the stuff they have shown alone, god knows the in game surprises are gonna be some out of left field god tier insanity. Really can't wait.

Bewear's name is amazing. Comfey is so adorable its illegal. Uh, that's it, not really that many Pokemon so far that are 'must have!' revealed so far, for me at least.

I got such a chuckle out of Wimpod's Wimp Out ability. Guess the Quick/Net Ball is your friend when trying to catch one. How can something be so cowardly yet adorable at the same time? I think I found my Water-type.

Bewear... I almost died laughing. The pun is fitting AND terrible. My kind of pun. ^^

So, Disguise acts like a one-shot Substitute? Pretty useful, I must say. And I love the fact that after Disguise activates, the sprite changes to indicate that.

I must say, I love all of these new Mons. GF has been on a roll lately, and I must say I'm impressed.

Well, these four certainly improve things from Bewear and Mimikyu.

-- Bounsweet : seems to be quite obviously gunning for a 'baby' motif, so there's a strong possibility this will evolve. It looks an awful lot like Cherrim, but the descriptions about it bouncing don't seem to line up with it being a prevolution of Cherrim. Won't use it, but no doubt someone will. No issue with finding a bounty of ordinary Grass-type Pokemon this gen.

-- Comfey : The new Pokemon Centre helper, so no doubt going to be quite present in the region generally, and obviously designed to give off a strong Hawiian vibe. I guess they opted for pure Fairy over Fairy/Grass because of that role, though wouldn't have minded to see that. Can't see it evolving, unless perhaps it's the evolved form of Bounsweet? The Triage ability is a bit interesting, getting priority on healing could be useful in competitive play.

-- Wimpod : I really quite like this design, it shows some of the detail that's been missing from things like Bewear. It also looks vaguely familiar, but I can't think why -- perhaps the slight resemblence to Venipede. The cowardly motif and ability mean it might be annoying to use in-game, but the automatic switchout could well find some use in competitive play. Given such an ability, I see some possibility of Wimpod evolving into something kickass, but we'll have to see.

-- Mudsdale : A Ground-type draft horse! Definitely my favourite of the bunch, and overall so far in Gen VII. The design on this is perfect, the right combination of pallette and detail. The defence-boosting ability is excellent as well, I can see this being a real core to the team. Clearly not going to evolve, so unless there's a prior stage yet to be revealed it's a Tauros-like figure. I just hope it's not so late-game that I'll be yearning for it most of the playthrough.

I guess they opted for pure Fairy over Fairy/Grass because of that role, though wouldn't have minded to see that.

I think Game Freak are just allergic to giving anything part-Grass the Flower Veil ability (it would make them immune to stat drops and status). Hopefully the reasoning is because that combo is being saved for Mega Meganium :D

Damn, I really didn't expect to get anymore Pokemon this month. We'd already gotten 10 so far, so this is a surprise. Anyway as for my thoughts...

Wimpod. Not terrible, but I'm not a fan. The design is pretty meh, and the ability sounds like it'll be a nightmare to train. The trait of being a natural wimp is a bit endearing though.

Bounsweet. Adorable little Cherubi 2. I think the design could be a bit better (the bottom half looks weird), but overall I like it. It looks like a stage 1 Pokemon so I'm hoping it has a cool evolution while also remaining cute.

Comfey. Wow, they actually made the living lei. I think it's adorable. I don't tend to like object based Pokemon, but this guy might actually be my favorite of this bunch. Maybe it's because I'm thinking of it more as a ring of flowers as opposed to being an actual lei. Regardless, I like it.

Mudsdale. I'm mixed on this one. The mane, legs, and tail look really weird, but overall, I don't have that much of an issue with the design as a whole. Looks like it'll be a beast though, especially with that ability.

Mimikyu and Beaware's abilities sound cool as well. I like how Mimikyu's costume actually breaks when it gets hit with an attack and I'm still shocked with how huge Beaware is.

Overall, I'd say I like this batch much more than the July 1 ones. But overall Sun/Moon's Pokemon repertoire is looking great.

Another Fairy with a bunch of flowers that isn't a grass type d:

Wimpod: Meh. Not a fan.

Bounsweet and Comfey: AWWWWWW SOOOOO CUUUUUUUTE!!! I am SO putting these two on my Moon team! I'm gonna name Bounsweet Berry and Comfey Posey!

Mudsdale: It looks pretty cool! I like the idea of a ground-type horse based on a Clydesdale. Better watch out, Ponyta and Blitzle!

Mimikyu: I like it. It's pretty adorable. Gonna name it Wisp.

Bewear: Funniest name ever! Though I wonder if that was intentional. Kinda sad that it doesn't seem to be well liked, because I think it's cute! Plus, it has some good potential! I'm gonna catch one and name it Amaru, like the purple animal from LoliRock.

While Comfey's design is very similar to the Flabebe line, I expect it to operate very differently, based on its Ability and resemblance to Klefki. So I don't mind too much.

Wimpod: Hope it evolves to a strong Bug/Water with a good Ability. Because I'd like to see a fully evolved Bug/Water after Surskit "trolled" us :)

Mudsdale: May be the Gogoat of this gen, already fully evolved, getting a pre-evo.

Back
Top Bottom