• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Japanese trailer shows a female one, so it doesn't seem to be male only.

Ahh...this is what happens when I don't have the time to watch both trailers I suppose.

Still...I wonder if it's like a related species somehow. Especially since they both techically flower nymphs except one looks like a lei.

It's possible, Cute Charm. They both are very similar, but it's probably a similar situation to Tauros/Miltank, where they're both very similar but not related or have any sort of "genuine" connection other than design. But then again it could end up that they're related in one form or another outside of design/type. Hey, this is Pokemon, after all, anything is possible.

Bewear: Great name; I kinda like the design but it doesn't seem to be suitable for its large size; don't like the whole cranky bear thing though.

Bounsweet: I find it very uncreative even though I've been wanting a fruit Pokemon; poor thing has an unfortunate existence too; I hope it evolves into something at least acceptable.

Comfey: Cute and pretty but I can't say that I like its shape overall.

Mimikyu: My second favourite so far after Cutiefly; good design and cute disguise.

Mudsdale: Ugly, bulky, and probably reckless horse; why is its tail so bulky too?

Wimpod: Has good potential for comic relief; its not pretty but the whole wimpy thing makes him cute in my eyes.

Since we got Yungoos, a pokemon that was brought in from another region, I think we might be able to get more Pokemon based on animals that were brought in from another region. We have had a horse Pokemon, but why not another! It has been 20 years since we got Ponyta and Rapidash. Speaking of Rapidash give it an evolution or Mega-Evolution that's a pegasus, please Game Freak.
Oh my gosh I predicted the future.... I'm sure a lot of other people di too, but I don't think I've ever predicted something like this before. We got a horse Pokemon!

I am just adoring these new Pokemon Game Freak is giving us, yeah sometimes I'll find one that I don't like as much, but it's okay cuz there's like 3 others I love. I went onto the youtube channel today not expecting anything new, but just wanting to check, and there we go more new Pokemon!

Let's start with Mudsdale, the brand new horse Pokemon, and my second favorite of this bunch (favorite not including Mimikyu since it was leaked earlier this month). At first I didn't like it's design too much, but looking at it now, it's grown on me and I like it quite a bit. I like it's sweet hair and the colors look awesome :) I'm thinking I might using it, I have to decide between it and Rockruff. If I don't use him in Moon I'll definitly get him for my run of Sun

Comfey is adorable. I have never been too big on the object Pokemon, but I think it was a great decision to base on on a Hawaiin lei. It's so pretty and cute. Looks so happy and I love it a lot.

Wimpod is kinda meh for me. It's design is good but I don't see a lot of potential for it. Maybe it'll evolve to be really brave or something.

Bounsweet is adorable. I don't think I'll end up using one, but it is so freaking cute!

I like Bewear a lot more now, probably cuz it's name. It's so huge though. It's freaking taller than that Pangoro it was up against.

Mimikyu is even more amazing now. I love it's ability, and it's quite interesting how when it's disguise is broken the head tips down. I love that and I can't wait to use one! It just solidified it's spot as my favorite Pokemon of Gen 7 so far.

Okay, so I've decided that as a crack theory, I want wimpod to evolve into the Pokemon that genesect was created from.

Mimikyu: They missed their chance to name it Pikaboo but it's still a clever idea for a Pokemon and I'm using it.
Bewear: It's growing on me, I guess...
Wimpod: Oh my Arceus I didn't know they were making a 'mon version of me! I love it. I hope it stay's Bug/Water with evolution, unlike a certain water skater...
Bounsweet: I don't care if it's discount Cherubi, it's adorable. I kinda want one.
Comfey: I was hoping for a lei Pokemon and we got one! I like how it looks in battle and I could see it being the Klefki of this gen.
Mudsdale: Another amazing horse! Move over Rowlet and Rockruff, there's a new fave here.

They made my fave fruit into a Pokémon. BOUNSWEET IS ADORBS

Its description is pretty funny and sad at the same time. Can't blame Pokémon for trying to eat it, though. Mangosteens are delish.

So the new batch is up, and it still doesn't change my view on Bewear. I can't unsee that Pedobear feel on it. I think it's the lack of emotion of that monster that makes me feel repulsive about it. I also don't like the name, it's like bikini wear or something, and it's pink/black coloration doesn't help it. It works as a Pokemon, though.

Now Mimikyu deflating is a nice feel, though again, I'm still not fond of it, at least not much as my indifference toward Bewear. Perhaps because it's a Pokemon based on a Pokemon, and some added feels, that's why. The many artworks of many Pokemon cloth version of it are really cute, though.

Yes, another Bug/Water. Please, GameFreak, don't mess it up this time. Don't evolve it to another Bug/Poison or Poison/Water. Wimpod is amazing, a cute looking Kabuto line descendant.

Bounsweet is like Cherubi and Skiploom combed into one. A sweet mangosteen looking air freshener, at least it's unique.

And the lei is now here, Comfey, which is the one everyone has been anticipating, to go along with the region. Amazingly executed, and we have another frustratingly-NOT-grass-type-but-grass-looking-in-every-angle Pokemon (I'm looking at you, Flabebe line). I'd better remember not using fire-type moves on it when I have poison or steel. It's the first object mon, it seems? Well, along with Mimikyu, but ghost are usually possessed objects, so I don't count them much.

Oh sweet, we have another horse that is safe to ride. Or at least won't set me ablaze. Mudsdale is a nice addition.

Overall, I like all Pokemon revealed so far.. Except Bewear.

Why is called Mudsdale instead of Claysdale?

That is true, it's so much better knowing the origin! But Claydol might have a word for having his name stylized.

Last edited:
I'm really liking all the Pokemon that were revealed today. Mudsdale and hopefully Bounsweet will be on my team. Not sure of Comfey yet nor Wimpod, that said, hoping that Wimpod will go from Water/Bug into Water/Steel.

It's possible, Cute Charm. They both are very similar, but it's probably a similar situation to Tauros/Miltank, where they're both very similar but not related or have any sort of "genuine" connection other than design. But then again it could end up that they're related in one form or another outside of design/type. Hey, this is Pokemon, after all, anything is possible.

Tauros and Miltank were the ones I was thinking about when I thought of single gender counterparts. My guess now is that they're more like the pikaclones and how they're all rodents with electric sacks on their cheeks but different pokemon based on different real life animals.

Maybe flower nymph clones are the new pikaclones? Like every new region after Kalos will have their own flower collecting fairy based on the regions culture.

I'm really liking all the Pokemon that were revealed today. Mudsdale and hopefully Bounsweet will be on my team. Not sure of Comfey yet nor Wimpod, that said, hoping that Wimpod will go from Water/Bug into Water/Steel.

My guess is bug/dark or dark/bug if it changes. Considering what it's based on and what its logical evolution is. Imagine a scared wharf roach turning into a giant isopod that looks like it will cut you if you don't handover your bag doritos when it wants it. But at the same time I don't see the type changing seeing as how these are the types of isopods that live near/in water. It would be another Stunfisk situation.

Last edited:
Salandit is amazing, the Fire/Poison hybrid is finally a canon Pokemon. Plus that Corrosion ability, dayum

Bewear is so dorky, and so is that name. I can't help but like it. An interesting typing too.

I'm pretty fond of Mimikyu too, it's neat that they incorporate real world things (Pikachu's popularity) into the games like this. The concept is heartbreaking though. Mimikyu just wants a hug ;_;

Wimpod's design is good, even if I'm not that bothered by it, I wonder what it could evolve into. Wimp Out is a great ability though.

Bounsweet reminds me of Cherrim, but that's ok. I like it.

Comfey is adorable and I definitely plan to use one with that fantastic Triage ability. The ring of flowers idea is pretty.

Mudsdale's concept of a slow but sturdy horse that's more reliant on stamina and power is a nice comparison to the likes of Ponyta & Rapidash, whose greatest asset is speed.

Wimpod is definitely turning into a Poison type.

The constant association with poison and toxins in its description is a dead giveaway and is similar to the way Grubbin was described as a Pokemon that loves electricity which was the first hint it would evolve into Bug/Electric.

Wimpod is definitely turning into a Poison type.

The constant association with poison and toxins in its description is a dead giveaway and is similar to the way Grubbin was described as a Pokemon that loves electricity which was the first hint it would evolve into Bug/Electric.

Ehh, not necessarily. It could, which would be extremely disappointing. Water/Bug is a great type and I hope it stays. Personally, I expect it to stay Bug/Water, HOWEVER....

I think it will gain a poisonous ability upon evolution (Poison Point/Poison Touch/Immunity/Corrosion/etc.) while remaining Bug/Water. Sounds awesome to me. I don't want another Bug/Water thrown down the drain.

I feel the same way about Water/Bug, I'm just saying that with current info it doesn't seem as likely.

I'd much rather prefer unused or rarely used typing combinations so I would love Water/Bug.

Considering we've had pokemon with descriptions that went against their typing before:
  • Stunfisk is a fish and lives in water but is weak to it.
  • The flower fairies that like flowers and have grass moves and abilities but they're not fairy/grass.
  • If Solgaleo is "the beast that devours the sun" it should be fire. Nope it's weak to fire and its steel typing is science based.
  • Happiny, Chansey, Blissey, and normal Audino not being retyped fairy even though they're pink and bring people happiness.
There's also the possibility that its secretions are toxic because it eats garbage. We probably won't know until we get it's evolution(s).

Last edited:
I feel the same way about Water/Bug, I'm just saying that with current info it doesn't seem as likely.

Ehh... I mean, from what we've seen so far, it seems like GF is focusing a little more on less used and unique typings. They might even know how negative people's reactions to Masquerain were, and realized they needed a Bug/Water that stays that way. And plenty of Pokemon have typings that either don't make sense, or don't match certain Pokedex entries. Becoming a poison type is certainly possible, though I think it is much more likely that it will stay Bug/Water and have a poison-y ability. But we will see.

Considering we've had pokemon that had descriptions that went against their typing:
  • Stunfisk is a fish and lives in water but is weak to it.
  • The flower fairies that like flowers and have grass moves and abilities but they're not fairy/grass.
  • If Solgaleo is "the beast that devours the sun" it should be fire. Nope it's weak to fire and its steel typing is science based.
  • Happiny, Chansey, Blissey, and normal Audino not being retyped fairy even though they're pink and bring people happiness.
There's also the possibility that its secretions are toxic because it eats garbage. We probably won't know until we get it's evolution(s).

^^^

It would be a fair trade off though, if the early bug changed its only far the later underdog goes back to bug/poison. Hah, yeah right. Seriously though, I didn't read the site, and I had no idea it has connections to poisons. Maybe a split evo situation? One grows up and learn to fight for itself staying bug/water, while the other one stays a weakling that resorts to poisoning its opponents.

Back
Top Bottom