• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Loved pretty much everything we got today~

Silvally looks really cool and the RKS play on Arceus is pretty well done~ Multi-Attack is I'm assuming to be a weaker version of Judgement, though its animation in-game leaves a lot to be desired~

Hakamo-o and Kummo-o look much better in-game and with clearer artwork~ Almost certain now that it'll be the Pseudo this gen and the type is what was expected and very cool~ Was hoping for some cooler Abilities upon evolution, but I guess they'll have their uses~

MY FAVES OF THE DAY!! Steenee and Tsareena (Serena much, lol) are GORGEOUS!! The designs are defs my style, though it looks like it's probably not a counterpart of Formantis and Lurantis since it has an extra stage in its evolution, though, they do both seem to be Physical Grass Attackers, which is very cool and I can't wait to see how the stats will be~

Ribombee is a bit underwhelming, as I loved Cutiefly~ I was expecting a bit of a more Fly-like design than a bee, but I still do like it~ Manages to be unique from the bees we already have~

Alolan Grimer isn't too special but ALOLAN MUK IS AWESOME!!! I love the colors and how it radiates through the body~ Not an Alola Form I was asking for, but it IS a cool one~

Overall LOVED all of what we got today!! A lot of it ended up being super cool and made me excited for a lot more mons~

I mean it could go on, but I would be completely okay if Rimbobee didn't evolve any further. It would be a nice change of pace to have a one-stage bug type evolution instead of so many two-stagers like in previous generations. (I know Surskit, Kricketot, Nincada and others exist).

Tsareena reminds me of a model (More like a Kardashian). It reminds me of Florges mixed with Lopunny and Liligant (based on appearance). It's not terrible, but definitely not what I expected it to evolve into.

Oh my god I just realized. Could Silvally be like Silicon+Valley? It would make sense since it's a synthetic Pokémon and literally has a drive on is head.

EDIT: nvm, apparently half of the Internet has already worked it out :p

Last edited:
Oh my god I just realized. Could Silvally be like Silicon+Valley? It would make sense since it's a synthetic Pokémon and literally has a drive on is head.

EDIT: nvm, apparently half of the Internet has already worked it out :p
Seems more likely that it is Silver + ally

Japanese: Shiruvadi - Silver + Buddy
French: Silvallie - Silver + Allie (Ally)
German: Amigento - Amigo + Argentum (Silver)
Cantonese: Ngàhnbuhnjinsau - Silver Partner Fight Beast

tsareena is my favourite pokemon revealed thus far. I am praying to God every day that the Hangmo-o line is not the pseudo legendary line.

tsareena is my favourite pokemon revealed thus far. I am praying to God every day that the Hangmo-o line is not the pseudo legendary line.
I didn't like tsareena at first but it is really growing on me. Dunno if it would make top ten alola mons but it's close regardless. I think it's the waifumon I like the most personality wise, and I love the way its hair looks, among other things. Somefin about the official art strikes me as a bit off, but it looks gr8 in its model

Hangmo-o looks a lot better in its model too imo, I don't love it but I definitely like it, and it's my second favorite pseudo (after hydreigon ofc <3). I wouldn't mind another pseudo tho, especially since this is another bloody dragon. The flavor text on the site makes me consider the possibility of a dark-type one. "There is a legend that says Kommo-o is covered in glittering scales in order to drive away a great darkness covering the world. The reason these Pokémon seek out battle is to gain the power needed to defeat this darkness."

I was rather luke warm on Kommo-o but then I read this quote from the website:
"There is a legend that says Kommo-o is covered in glittering scales in order to drive away a great darkness covering the world. The reason these Pokémon seek out battle is to gain the power needed to defeat this darkness."

What darkness is so great that this whole species of Pokemon dedicate their all to become strong--just so they can stand up to it? Whatever it may be, you and I will face the darkness together Kommo-o I will not let you take this fight alone.

The comments are beginning to subside, I think it's time to share my thoughts.. The influx of the posts are overwhelming I get swept by them lol.

I love how type: null and silvally has a subtle reference to computer science.. Type: null being an actual data type and silvally, short for silvally. It's also synthetic, something that can be programmed.. The name origin's also silver + ally, sounds really robotic friend. Though it sounds cute too, which doesn't reflect his cool appearance, when its prevo's name sounds cool, I find it funny a bit. Lol

Hakomo and kommo have the tribal vibe, like the monks in training too.. Really fitting for dragon/fighting. I love their backstory, but not much for their appearance.. Especially that flesh color scale tail on kommo's back.. I also feel lazy completing its name while on mobile device.. Have to switch keyboard too often. Is it just me? Lol

I hope tsareena line will be all female. It's weird if it's not. The ability and the name reference points to it. I like the design and origin, being queen of fruits and a tsarina of Russia, but the pure grass is really bothersome.. Just like florges's or lilligant lack of secondary grass or type when they look like they have the appearance of being one.. Tsareena can be grass/fighting or fairy, looks like a bit mienshao and loppuny, and it points to powerful kicks.. Maybe wait for the mega.

Ribombee still is underwhelming.. It's proboscis turned into scarf.. And I don't see much different than that.. I hope it evolves more. Also they should stop making everything look like bipedal..

I have a funny feeling that Ribombee isn't the final evolution of that line. It looks like it could go further to me, idk.

I agree although I would rather it remain in this OK-but-underwhelming evo than evolve into something s****y.

Silvally: I've gotta say, I liked "Shiruvadi" more. Aside from that, everything I have to say I've said before.

Hakamo-o/Kommo-o: I do like it a bit better in motion, but it's till kinda meh for me. This however: [QUOTE='Official website]There is a legend that says Kommo-o is covered in glittering scales in order to drive away a great darkness covering the world. The reason these Pokémon seek out battle is to gain the power needed to defeat this darkness.[/QUOTE] Intrigues me. I'd like to know what this "darkness" is, and whether we fight it, could it be the Ultra Beasts perhaps?

Ribombee: It's not bad, I do like how its design has evolved, but I'd expected the needle nose to play a bigger part.

Steenee: It's pretty nice, all in all a solid design.

Tsareena: Oh my god she's so fabulous. I love her design so much. I'm rather upset that her signature ability is just Dazzling by another name though.
Type:Nulls evolution Silvadi could have changed type after attack used, could have Protean, but interesting will be to see how it reacts with items? will it change type if it uses a Z-move? and so on.
Unlikely, since its Ability only changes its Type if it holds one of a set of signature items, and it can't use a Z-move if it's holding one of them.

"It even turns its fearsome glare upon its own Trainer if the two of them are not fully in sync, or if its Trainer orders it to use a move that will be ineffective. "

Ash needs to get one
This. So much yes.

Honestly not ONE dud this batch. Who would have thought?

I'm so in love with Alolan Muk. It's so crazy and trippy. And I thought Alolan Grimer looked dumb as fuck in Coro Corco but its little mustard beard actually looks cute in motion. I'm definitely thinking of using one!

I agree although I would rather it remain in this OK-but-underwhelming evo than evolve into something s****y.

Would it?

Plus, even if the evo is shitty at least that means you can run Eviolite Ribombee lol

Someone at Milan Games Week has taken photos of the back of the Sun/Moon boxes on display there and it seems to indicate Drampa and Turtonator as single stage lines. It shows their "REGISTERED" Pokedex screens, like Pikipek's at E3, and there's no Pokeball icons on the page for them.

Also one is on the back of Moon (Drampa) and the other Sun (Turtonator), potentially hinting that they may be version exclusive, but we'll have to see. Since they focused on the version differences last month, it would be strange if they hadn't gone back and said they both are in different games, they did the same for Skrelp and Clauncher about a month or so after they were revealed iirc. They do use other differing shots between the SM boxes too, so again, this isn't an outright confirmation they are exclusive but raises a possibility.

Also the same boxes shows Rowlet learns Astonish if anyone cares :p

For those disappointed with Jangmo-o's evolutions (I'm neutral myself), there is the possibility of Day/Night variations for them, like Lycanroc. It's not likely given that they probably would have advertised this, but it's possible.
during day a fighter during night a steel type?

I really like Silvally. I hope that Type: Null is available early on. Otherwise, I might have to steal it from Gladion. :p

I'm also really digging Ribombee. The name is fun to say, and the design is killer.

I am fine with Drampa and Turtonator being single stage pokemon. Would I like to see them evolve? Yes but we Jangmo-o that can evolve.

Back
Top Bottom