• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
during day a fighter during night a steel type?
Or Fairy during the night (people were speculating Dragon/Fairy before the reveal). It would tie into its drive to stop an unnamed darkness in the world.

Last edited:
Someone at Milan Games Week has taken photos of the back of the Sun/Moon boxes on display there and it seems to indicate Drampa and Turtonator as single stage lines. It shows their "REGISTERED" Pokedex screens, like Pikipek's at E3, and there's no Pokeball icons on the page for them.

Also one is on the back of Moon (Drampa) and the other Sun (Turtonator), potentially hinting that they may be version exclusive, but we'll have to see. Since they focused on the version differences last month, it would be strange if they hadn't gone back and said they both are in different games, they did the same for Skrelp and Clauncher about a month or so after they were revealed iirc. They do use other differing shots between the SM boxes too, so again, this isn't an outright confirmation they are exclusive but raises a possibility.

Also the same boxes shows Rowlet learns Astonish if anyone cares :p

What a shame (n)(n)(n) I was expecting a cute red turtle for Turtonator.

Reactions: Zeb
Well I was wondering when the next video clip??

If they show us more Pokémon sun and moon then it will be under 2-7 at least or 8 as it been showing I think 2x in the clips of new Pokémon is that right or I'm going crazy

This new pusedo dragon I guess it's attack power is the possible higest correct??

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed that Turtonator looks kinda like Bowser? (Well, okay, it's a stretch, but it is a fire-breathing draconic turtle with spikes on its shell.)
Greninja'd. Literally lol.

I had already a theory that Turtonator was Sun-exclusive and Drampa Moon-exclusive. But I would have thought, that they'd have revealed it by now, since they revealed Oranguru and Passimian to also be version exclusives.

I really wish they'd show us a bit more of the version exclusives; they seem to be rather tight lipped on it for some reason.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed that Turtonator looks kinda like Bowser? (Well, okay, it's a stretch, but it is a fire-breathing draconic turtle with spikes on its shell.)
Greninja'd. Literally lol.
What do u think of my question

Possible moon has Turtle too as water/dragon

What about my questions any ideas of answers
I kinda feel like the next trailer will have about four Pokémon and some new features, like exclusive Z-Moves or something more obscure, like Customization options.
As for the (presumed) pseudo, I'd guess its Attack is a good top 5 for Alola. We haven't seen everything yet of course, but of the Pokémon revealed so far, this Dragon could easily be the strongest. There's no way of truly knowing yet, though -- not until SM comes out.

that makes me wonder about the amount of pokemon in this generation.
If they reveal so much, how much is in reserve?

that makes me wonder about the amount of pokemon in this generation.
If they reveal so much, how much is in reserve?
Potentially a very large amount, potentially nothing at all. Nothing's saying that they have to keep some surprises. Granted they should, but GF could have any amount from nothing to the very large majority left in reserve.

They haven't really shown munch water accept for the stater, fish and other fish that becomes giant from school form

Well it must be true since Morawk hunted being fire type against grass which means their more grass Pokémon or more ice types

If their was more then water that will mean Morawk will be eletric/ghost Pokémon then a fire is that correct or not

I wonder how many new aloha forms Pokémon are their? They are mostly for kanto Pokémon not other other Pokémon.

I hope Weezing and Arbork will be Alola forms it will be cool if Jessie and James finds their Pokémon at Alola as leaders of the Alola forms lol

I'm not saying Jessie and James Weezing or abork became Alola but the Pokémon they protecting became Alola

That picture of Drampa and Turtonator in the pokedex, is it possible that screen is zoomed in so you can't see it? It doesn't look like the whole screen.

If only they were able to release Pokemon in patches.

The likely 80 Pokemon they have, is rather stretched thin amongst the various routes.

There is so much water, but there's only Wishiwashi, Bruxish and maybe Wimpod that would newly inhabit it? Seems rather lame. Perhaps twice within a generation there could be patches to add Pokemon to various routes.

There is so much water, but there's only Wishiwashi, Bruxish and maybe Wimpod that would newly inhabit it? Seems rather lame. Perhaps twice within a generation there could be patches to add Pokemon to various routes.
Three things,
1 Masuda has said that he doesn't want to lock things behind patches/DLC, preferring to release complete games as they are. I for one, am glad that Pokemon won't be released in patches.

2 There would likely be more Water Type Pokemon available besides the new ones.

3 It is also likely that we'll be taking boats or something (or maybe taking the Poke-Ride's Sharpedo) between the islands, rather than basic Surfing, since the first time we switch islands will likely be long before Surf is a fair move to have at that point in the game, thereby making Surfing encounters unlikely as we travel between islands.

If only they were able to release Pokemon in patches.

The likely 80 Pokemon they have, is rather stretched thin amongst the various routes.

What do u think of my comments

That picture of Drampa and Turtonator in the pokedex, is it possible that screen is zoomed in so you can't see it? It doesn't look like the whole screen.

That's what I thought! I looked and looked, but I couldn't find evidence of them being single stage Pokemon.

There's a comparison to the Pinsir image from the recent trailer (in PokePelago) floating around and it matches up pretty well. So I think single stage is kinda confirmed.

avPoh2P.png

versus Ledya from E3 where you can see a Pokeball

Pokemon-Sun-Moon-Ledyba-registered.png

I'm not so bothered about Drampa, but I kinda expected a little landmine terrapin-type pre-evo for Turtonator.

Back
Top Bottom