• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Exchange

Reaction score
Hi all, as promised here is the new Review Exchange thread (and ahead of schedule, I might add).

The basic premise is that you post a link to your fic here, and by doing so offer to give people reviews for reviewing your fic.

Make sure you read the rules (below) before posting here. Failure to comply with the rules may result in a thread ban, depending on severity.

RULES
1) To have your fic included in this program, you should reply to the thread with the following information in the following format.
Link: [Put link here.]
Description: Short description of your fic, including genre. (The Directory found in the main Workshop may be a good guideline for this.)
Chapters: How many chapters your fic currently has, today's date, and the approximate frequency of your updates. (Don't worry about keeping this up to date, as long as we have this information, that should be fine.)
What do you want?: What are you looking for in a review? Are you looking for a general opinion, an in-depth analysis, a scout for every possible criticism conceivable? You may say you're happy with anything.
Willing to read: What genres are you willing to read, how many chapters are you willing to read? If you have any other qualifiers, you should include them here.

2) Review exchanges are agreed on a case-by-case basis. A user having their fic up here does not mean that if you review them, they are obliged to review you back. You must arrange the review exchange first. This should be done in this thread and should include a tag of the user who you wish to make a deal with. Arrangements, including the time limit within which you are going to review each other's fics should be made in this thread.

3) Once you have agreed a review exchange, you should honour your agreement unless you have a very good reason. Those who abuse the system (ie. don't comply with this rule) will get a thread ban and their fic will be removed from the list. There may be additional punishment depending on severity of abuse.

4) Please post when you want your fic removed from the list, so that it doesn't clog up the list. Repeatedly rejecting offers that fulfill your requirements, or failing to respond to offers altogether will result in your fic being removed from the list. Contact a WW mod if you feel your fic has been unfairly removed from the list.

5) Feel free to use the post reporting system for people who do not comply with the rules of this system, but be sure to mention the 'Review Exchange' in the thread.

THE LIST
Different Eyes by unrepentantAuthor

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/uas-different-eyes-126490/

Description: A meowth volunteers for a human/pokémon hybridisation program and its consequences. Attempts to handle the pokémorph concept in a sophisticated, mature way, exploring the nature of humanity, personal worth and identity. Philosophical, violent and witty at turns. Cliché killer.

Chapters: As of May 10th, 2012, four chapters, or, 16,000 words. I'm updating very erratically while still in school but will try for weekly chapters of 3000 words starting in July.

Reviews Given: I write reasonably long reviews - something like 500 words, though this does depend on the length of the text to be reviewed - with detailed reference and articulate analysis to justify my critique, and point out specific parts of the text and their merits or flaws. I tend to quote anything notable and comment on it, before summarising my views afterwards. I usually take note of narrative style, dialogue and descriptive prose. I try to comment on everything I can, but I'm best at analysing the writing itself. I also comment on character psychology, but that's a fairly subjective topic. I do not bother correcting grammar unless an egregiously frequent mistake keeps occurring, nor do I often speculate on the plot. By default, I try to praise and criticise in equal measure but if asked, I am willing to be more or less harsh at the possible cost of review length. Although I do try to be critical in a benign, constructive manner, I am also quite blunt. Additionally, I will offer suggestions for improvement wherever possible. Lastly, I will review one chapter for every review received, in roughly coresponding detail to those given to me. I am willing to adapt my style of review, but please discuss this with me beforehand.

Reviews Wanted: I'm not very demanding: provided at least some constructive praise and some constructive critique is present, I am content. Please note; if your review is generic, or can be liberally applied to any fic, I may take offence at the apparent lack of effort - specific reference is appreciated. I may also review your review, ha.

Willing to read: Anything, more or less, but I may not be able to provide the promised quality of review if the fic in question is romantic, animé-focal, or a very short drabble/poem. This is not always the case, merely a potential risk. To prevent disappointment, notifying me in advance about the nature of your fic in order to ascertain my ability to review is a good idea. I will always reciprocate, however. Additional note: I will always call out perceived offensive material such as any kind of prejudice or insensitive use of rape tropes.

Dragon Ball Legacy by Elite Four Lugion

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/dragon-ball-legacy-chapter-10-up-121397/

Description: Centuries after Son Goku's adventures ended, a new generation arises and the never-ending quest for the seven magic Dragon Balls begins again! Very Shonen, perhaps slightly more mature than the source material.

Chapters: Currently (as of 10 May 2012), ten chapters, with the eleventh coming soon. I'm not entirely sure how many words long it is, but it is approximately 65 pages in length, in OpenOffice.

Reviews Given: I don't give particularly long reviews, but I am thorough and open to conversing with those wanting something more specific. I cover character, development, plot, pacing, etc. The basics, mainly.

Reviews Wanted: Like uA, I'm not terribly picky. I do want to know what people think I'm doing wrong and right, because that's the only way I can improve.

Willing to Read: Almost anything, excepting shipping and furry/morph fics. I'll read non-Pokémon (obviously).

Like No One Ever Was by Elite Four Lugion

Link- Pokémon: Like No One Ever Was

Description- A retelling of the anime, with less filler and a greater focus on realism and deeper plotlines, as well as a few game and manga attributes thrown in.

Rated Teen for fantasy violence and some language.

Chapters- As of this posting, three, sitting at a total of 25 pages.

Heart of Crystal by Feliciano

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/heart-crystal-122581/

Description: A fictionalized version of my playthrough of Pokemon Crystal version under the nuzlocke challenge. Kris, a young girl from New Bark Town, embarks on a journey through Johto with her partner, Teddy the Cyndaquil. But being a trainer is much more difficult than Kris realized, and she must learn to overcome the hardships of her journey. A journey fic with a dash of coming-of-age thrown in. I try to make it comedic when I can, but I don't shy away from tragedy or drama.

Chapters: 7 chapters as of May 10th, 2012. I update as often as I can, but it's often very erratic. I'm going to try and settle down into a more regular schedule once I graduate in a little over a month.
What do you want?: I love hearing about what people liked about my chapters, but if there's anything that you want to critique, please don't hesitate to point it out. I also like a decent amount of detail.
Willing to read: I prefer pokemon fics, but in general I'll read pretty much anything but straight-up gore or horror. I don't do chapter-by-chapter reviews of fics with more than one chapter.

Three Times the Isshu by RaiThunder

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/teen-three-times-isshu-wip-131549/
Description: A fictionalized version of three playthroughs of Pokemon Black and White, manifesting in the three separate but tightly connected journeys of three best friends. Dexter Hartell, Donna Aldwin, and Branigan O'Duibhlin are three teens setting out to find their place in the world, to reach for the stars and touch the sky. Their path is one of twists and turns, dealing with the passionate Team Plasma, the righteous League, and the questions that they will each have to answer - who are they and where is the line they will not cross. This is a Nuzlocke story so typical nuzlocke rules and warnings apply.
Warning: This is a project fit for the long-haul - I can easily seeing their being at least 40 chapters and as a rule I tend to post chapters of at least 4k. I am a slow writer with a busy schooling schedule and a summer job coming, so I do ask everyone to understand that I will return reviews but there will likely be a few days after receiving a review or informing a reader I will review before I can get to it, as I often have days where I don't get on-line I'm so busy.

Reviews: I tend to give fairly short reviews, focusing on any problems I perceived, questions I have about the work, and character analysis. I can and will expound upon anything the writer requests my opinion on, but generally reviews will be focused on character analysis and plot questions and comments.
Wanted: I'm fairly lax about reviews. While I love in-depth, long reviews and will gladly send an equally long response, I am perfectly fine with short reviews. I ask that if you review you tell me something of what you liked and didn't like and any areas of confusion with regards to the story.

Willing to Read: To be honest, I'm willing to read just about anything, though I prefer not to read extremely romantic romances because I have little to no experience with the topic.

Survival Project by diamondpearl876

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/survival-project-126934/

Description: Survival Project is an OT journey fic that takes place in Johto. It follows the adventures of Sai, a mysterious trainer who knows little about how the world works. The fic is told through his pokemons' point of view, with each chapter being told by a different pokemon.

Chapters: As of May 13, 2012, the fic has 7 chapters. I update every two weeks.

What do you want?: I'm looking for reviews that will tell me both what they like and what they don't like. I would like to know what I can improve on, and I want to know what I'm doing right. This goes for any aspect of the fic. For specifics, I'm particularly weak at description, so advice on that would help as well.

Willing to read: I'll read any pokemon fic that doesn't focus on romance or anime characters.

Pokemon: The Journey of Five Regions by ArceusAlpha493

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-journey-five-regions-132875/

Description: It is a OT journey fanfic that spans all five regions. It also will have multiple subplots throughout the story.

Chapters: As of May 19, 2012, I have just posted the first chapter. I update every week at the most.

What do you want?: I would like reviews on the events of the story, what I can improve on, advice on things that I may have trouble with like details to the setting or characters.

Willing to read: Any fanfic that has legendary pokemon as main characters, crossovers with Pokemon, and journey fanfics with pokemon anime characters or original.

Essence of Life by Tsutarja

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/essence-life-point-divergence-[chapter-ix]-126396/

Description: A tale of a boy who is forced to face the impossibilities of an estranged world while running away from the most inescapable thing in the entire world - his own death. Destiny has other plans, though. [Journey, Adventure, Drama, Original Trainer]

Chapters: 9 chapters as of 8th May 2012. I update as often as I can, sometimes having the next chapter ready at the time of posting the previous chapter, though school can sometimes force me to delay it. It never takes me too long to update it, though.

What do you want?: While I am happy with anything, a more detailed review wouldn't hurt. I'm not asking for a detailed, psychological analysis of my characters or anything, but simple criticism, doesn't matter if it's harsh or not. A writer needs to improve and by accepting other people's criticism and implementing it so he can improve his work, he is allowed to do so.

Willing to read: I'm wiling to read anything with intriguing plot or interesting characters. I don't know, I'm willing to read anything going up to fifteen chapters but even that might take some time. I'd also like to add that I rather love when writers take a spin on ordinary things, that keeps things fresh and makes stories easily memorable keeping me safe from growing bored or uninterested of the story or its characters. So shortly, I want something intriguing, something new and something fresh. Whether it's plot or its characters, I want it to pick my interest. If you think your story might pick my interest, feel free to contact me.

My Conquest by Kelleo

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-conquest-130861/

Description: For a long time, Cilan has refused to speak of a horrible experience he once went through. And now he's finally decided to talk about it, even if he's only talking to himself.

Chapters: Only one as of April 16, 2012, as it's just a one-shot. It will also not be updated because of this unless I somehow come up with another idea for a Cilan fic and choose to turn it into a general Cilan story thread. I love Cilan and he's so far the only thing related to Pokemon that I'm willing to write about, so yeah. <3

What do you want?: I'm happy with any kind of review, really, as long as it isn't something like "lol this sucks" or "wow, awesome!" or "This is wrong, that looks bad, this needs fixed. Kthnxbai." You don't have to only praise me, but I find it discouraging when someone just points out the bad without saying what they liked about it. It makes me feel like a failure.

Willing to read: Anything that doesn't have explicit sex scenes, horror, sci fi stuff, or isn't of a fandom that I'm not familiar with. I'll let you know if your story is from a fandom I know well. Also, I generally don't like tragedy either, but there have been a few exceptions, so for this one, it depends. I'm not ESPECIALLY interested in Pokemon fanfics either, but I will still read them, particularly if they're about Cilan or Keldeo. :D Oh, and if the fic is longer than a few chapters (3-4), it might take me awhile to finish it, as I've got my own writing to work on and stuff as well.

Unpredictable by AetherX

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/unpredictable-93397/

Description: Keith Anders goes on a Pokemon journey through Kanto, meeting on the way a young vigilante hell-bent on fighting Team Rocket. As he explores Kanto, he discovers much about himself and the conflict that is about to strike at the heart of the region. It's a journey fic that has much in common with game canon, but several glaring differences.

Chapters: Just put up Chapter 33 (my chapters are anywhere from 2k to 8k words), as of May 28, 2012. My updates are sporadic, but I try to keep it at about once every two weeks.

What do you want?: I'd like someone who's willing to critique my description, dialogue, etc. Hopefully I won't be making many spelling, grammar, or punctuation mistakes but I'd like any jarring ones pointed out. Discussion of the plot would be nice too. The length doesn't matter too much, especially if you actually read my entire fic. Just as long as you show time and effort.

Willing to read: I'm willing to read pretty much anything, as long as you've put time and energy into it. If you're proud of it, I'll read it, regardless of canon or fandom. Length is inconsequential as well, but I'd obviously need more time for longer fics.

I'll wait until I'm added to the list before making any requests.

Brotherhood by G-Mama

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/brotherhood-133519/

Description: Three brothers, the oldest of whom, Will, is one of the best trainers in Johto, and is collecting Badges. An incident occurs that prompts the three brothers to travel, in parts together, in parts separated, around the region. Their relationships with each other are explored and grow in unexpected ways. I won't say more than that for fear of spoilers. It is an exploration of their relationships, but also features quite a lot of battles.

Chapters: Just one so far as of 30th May 2012. I plan to update roughly weekly, but who knows if I'll stick to that.

What do you want?: I'd like to think I'm fairly liberal on what I want, but essentially, I want a little more than "This is good" or "This is bad". However you feel about this, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me why, even if you think it seems obvious. As much detail as possible, but I won't turn my nose up at less detailed responses if they do give at least some reasoning of why they hold the opinions that they do regarding the story.

Willing to read: I'm mostly interested in reading Pokemon fanfiction, but I'd be open to original stuff too. I'm familiar with some fandoms (more than I can list offhand), so if you have a non-Pokemon fanfic, mention it to me, and I might give it a read if it's something I know.
Length-wise, I'm not great with longer fics. I'd prefer stuff that is on the short side. As a guideline, I'd say certainly no more than ten chapters, maybe less if your chapters are on the long side. Also, I'm obviously more likely to be open to reading longer stuff once my own stuff is longer.

The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons by Gotpika

Link: The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons

Description: The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons is a story based on the Black & White games that focuses on Iris and how she started as a trainer and Drayden's apprentice. There will be focus on Drayden at times as well as other characters, expect that a tad later on in the story.

Chapters: Currently there is one chapter as of 8/25/12.

Reviews Given: My reviews vary quite often, they tend to be between one paragraph to several paragraphs and can be quite in-depth, especially if the story interest me a lot. I can be very blunt in my reviews and concise because I expect the same. Plot, Characters, Description, Characterization, Writing Style, Realism, and interesting characters tend to catch my attention rather quickly, I'm going to be very quick and to the point a lot of the times on how I feel about the characters and plot. Characterization is big for me to, good characterization can really make or break a story in some regards. I'll most likely all the time "state" why I dislike a point in the fic, rather then saying I disliked a point and leaving it at that. I also will speculate at times, grammar isn't a major gripe for me, but it's something I'll call out occasionally if I feel it gets confusing. I do chapter by chapter reviews. I'll make sure my review are clean in most regards, so I expect the same.

Reviews Wanted:
What I want. I expect good reviews as well, not short choppy sentences but a genuine review around a paragraph or two. My reviews will most likely most of the time mirror your reviews, an in-depth and lengthy review will result in such for you because I feel the need to give someone a fair trade off in a way. I like having all the flaws in my fic pointed out as it can only help me in the future and things that can be improved on Characterization, Development, Description, etc. I just want a good truly effort-induced review.

Willing to Read: I'm not interested in romance or crackfics. Complete comedy fics can be a tad tedious too for me as well as filler-ish fictions.

Reciprocates Within:
I'll usually try to get the review done quickly, but not rushed, and posted in a not drawn out long time span.

The Mask's Secret by Pseudonym

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/masks-secret-133470/

Description: Journey fic based on Bruno's and Lorelei's adventures through Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova to stop a new villain nicknamed The Mask.

Chapters: Only Chapter 1 posted as of May 30th, 2012 . I'm quite irregular with updates, but I'll try to do once every week and a half.

What do you want?: Basically I'm urging for description details, which means I'm not sure if I'm setting the background as I should or if you really get what I'm trying to pass on. I know it's a bit too much (and probably quite impossible to get in a review), but basically is your opinion about how the story is going.

Willing to read: A bit of everything, although a journey fic preferred. Also, if it's going to be something else different from Pokemon I might not understand the context (except for DBZ and Digimon)

In The Light by America*

Link: Click
Description: Welcome to Peredia, a future dystopian society. Peredia covers the vast expanse of land once known as the Americas. To control the population, the Government has created a new law - anyone they deem imperfect will be killed on the spot. People barely leave their homes, and when they do, they are very good at hiding their flaws. Mass shootings occur in the slums and there is chaos all around.This land is home to many people, one of them being Nicky Valentine, a sixteen-year-old girl. She lives alone with her eleven-year-old sister Tianna. One day, Nicky's world is changed forever by a drowning kitten and a knock on her door. This is her story.
Chapters: Currently my story has one chapter and I am looking for a review before I continue. I am hoping to update every Friday.
What do you want?: I'm happy with anything - just a general critique. Be as harsh as you'd like, I want to better my writing skills.
Willing to read: I'm willing to read most things - my favorite genre is science fiction. I like more creative plots and stories that make you think. I like Pokemon stories, but I am willing to read others too.​

Sad But True by Cosmic Gerbil

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/sad-but-true-pokemon-metallica-crossover-138705/

Description: A Pokemon/Metallica crossover. When Metallica are booked to play a gig at a new hotel in Desert Resort, Lars Ulrich isn't happy about the heat. However, it turns out that this is the least of his worries. Who is the mystery person, lurking around in shadows and dark corners?

Rated Mature, to be on the safe side. Contains strong language and one descriptive scene of violence.

(You don't need to know anything about Metallica to understand the story. You do need to know about Gen 5 Pokemon).

Chapters: Just the one :)

What do you want?: Please tell me what you like about my story. Gentle critisicm is liked. Some people (on a different website) were very rude about some music remixes I did and it hurt my feelings, lol. Also, what genre do you think my story is? That may sounds daft but it's so different from anything I have written before and I dunno how to classify it.

Willing to read: Anything, except for a story with kidnapping in. That's one of my squicks.

Going Rogue by Stellar Gale

Link: Going Rogue

Description: It takes place in a distant future in the Pokemon World, the world has now been divided between two factions Rogue trainers and the Alliance, trainers that are in peace with the Alliance are the conventional trainers that you all know, they travel around the region gather badges and compete in leagues. Rogues are different though they are trainers that won't abide by the Alliance's rules, they go wherever they wish and do whatever they want and as thus they are hunted by them.

The story follow Gale a young trainer that has just set out into the world unknowing of what the situation truly is like, as Gale travels around he will discover what the world beyond his home really is like and that if one is not ready for the trials of life they won't be able to tell the tale.

The fic doesn't have a definite genre as of yet as it changes from light hearted to a bit darker from time to time.

What do you want?: I'll be happy with anything as long as I know the person's honest opinion as well as any criticism that they might have even if it's little.

Willing to Read: if it comes down to genre then I don't really have a preference, however I'd rather read something that doesn't have that many chapter as I just started school again, 10 chapters is my limit. On the side I will also keep reading that fic every time it updates, or at least try to keep reading it depending on how things go.

You Win Some, You Lose Some by NoirGrimoir
Link: You Win Some, You Lose Some

Description: Veteran trainers Salem and Electra are in Johto for new challenges, but they didn't expect to mentor Cherry, an air headed poke-dunce, and Aspen, a kid with a Pineco up his ass. But what's a journey without surprises and hijinks? (Comedy/Journey/Slice-of-Life)

Chapters: As of 1/14/13, has 2 chapters, updates are whenever I get the next chapter done, so that's sporadic to say the least. My chapters are quite long however, if that matters to anyone, one way or another.

What do you want?: I'm looking for something more in-depth that "I liked it!" or "I didn't like it". Basically an opinion, what in my story gave them that opinion, and what they think I can do to improve. I don't need a sentence-by-sentance analysis of my writing or anything, though If someone wants to do one, I won't say no.

Willing to read: I don't want to read any Dark fics. I'd prefer something more light-hearted, but other than that I suppose anything is fine. I won't read anything with an average chapter-length of less than a thousand words. And while I like long stories and will definitely read them when I enjoy them, since I don't know what I'm getting into here, I think being responsible for reviewing only the first five chapters is my limit for now.

Writer's Workshop mods, if you see this list is not up to date, please rectify that, if you have time.

Last edited:
Re: NEW Review Exchange

I am delighted to see this ready so early! It was an unexpected and much-welcomed event in my otherwise aggravating day. I have much hope that this will be a boon to review-starved writers. My own submission follows thus:

Link: Different Eyes

Description: A meowth volunteers for a human/pokémon hybridisation program and its consequences. Attempts to handle the pokémorph concept in a sophisticated, mature way, exploring the nature of humanity, personal worth and identity. Philosophical, violent and witty at turns. Cliché killer.

Chapters: As of May 10th, 2012, four chapters, or, 16,000 words. I'm updating very erratically while still in school but will try for weekly chapters of 3000 words starting in July.

Reviews Given: I write reasonably long reviews - something like 500 words, though this does depend on the length of the text to be reviewed - with detailed reference and articulate analysis to justify my critique, and point out specific parts of the text and their merits or flaws. I tend to quote anything notable and comment on it, before summarising my views afterwards. I usually take note of narrative style, dialogue and descriptive prose. I try to comment on everything I can, but I'm best at analysing the writing itself. I also comment on character psychology, but that's a fairly subjective topic. I do not bother correcting grammar unless an egregiously frequent mistake keeps occurring, nor do I often speculate on the plot. By default, I try to praise and criticise in equal measure but if asked, I am willing to be more or less harsh at the possible cost of review length. Although I do try to be critical in a benign, constructive manner, I am also quite blunt. Additionally, I will offer suggestions for improvement wherever possible. Lastly, I will review one chapter for every review received, in roughly coresponding detail to those given to me. I am willing to adapt my style of review, but please discuss this with me beforehand.

Reviews Wanted: I'm not very demanding: provided at least some constructive praise and some constructive critique is present, I am content. Please note; if your review is generic, or can be liberally applied to any fic, I may take offence at the apparent lack of effort - specific reference is appreciated. I may also review your review, ha.

Willing to read: Anything, more or less, but I may not be able to provide the promised quality of review if the fic in question is romantic, animé-focal, or a very short drabble/poem. This is not always the case, merely a potential risk. To prevent disappointment, notifying me in advance about the nature of your fic in order to ascertain my ability to review is a good idea. I will always reciprocate, however. Additional note: I will always call out perceived offensive material such as any kind of prejudice or insensitive use of rape tropes.

Last edited:

Link: Dragon Ball Legacy

Description: Centuries after Son Goku's adventures ended, a new generation arises and the never-ending quest for the seven magic Dragon Balls begins again! Very Shonen, perhaps slightly more mature than the source material.

Chapters: Currently (as of 10 May 2012), ten chapters, with the eleventh coming soon. I'm not entirely sure how many words long it is, but it is approximately 65 pages in length, in OpenOffice.

Reviews Given: I don't give particularly long reviews, but I am thorough and open to conversing with those wanting something more specific. I cover character, development, plot, pacing, etc. The basics, mainly.

Reviews Wanted: Like uA, I'm not terribly picky. I do want to know what people think I'm doing wrong and right, because that's the only way I can improve.

Willing to Read: Almost anything, excepting shipping and furry/morph fics. I'll read non-Pokémon (obviously).

Link: Heart of Crystal
Description: A fictionalized version of my playthrough of Pokemon Crystal version under the nuzlocke challenge. Kris, a young girl from New Bark Town, embarks on a journey through Johto with her partner, Teddy the Cyndaquil. But being a trainer is much more difficult than Kris realized, and she must learn to overcome the hardships of her journey. A journey fic with a dash of coming-of-age thrown in. I try to make it comedic when I can, but I don't shy away from tragedy or drama.
Chapters: 7 chapters as of May 10th, 2012. I update as often as I can, but it's often very erratic. I'm going to try and settle down into a more regular schedule once I graduate in a little over a month.
What do you want?: I love hearing about what people liked about my chapters, but if there's anything that you want to critique, please don't hesitate to point it out. I also like a decent amount of detail.
Willing to read: I prefer pokemon fics, but in general I'll read pretty much anything but straight-up gore or horror.

Glad to see this is open! Well, here we go:

Story: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/teen-three-times-isshu-wip-131549/
Description: A fictionalized version of three playthroughs of Pokemon Black and White, manifesting in the three separate but tightly connected journeys of three best friends. Dexter Hartell, Donna Aldwin, and Branigan O'Duibhlin are three teens setting out to find their place in the world, to reach for the stars and touch the sky. Their path is one of twists and turns, dealing with the passionate Team Plasma, the righteous League, and the questions that they will each have to answer - who are they and where is the line they will not cross. This is a Nuzlocke story so typical nuzlocke rules and warnings apply.
Warning: This is a project fit for the long-haul - I can easily seeing their being at least 40 chapters and as a rule I tend to post chapters of at least 4k. I am a slow writer with a busy schooling schedule and a summer job coming, so I do ask everyone to understand that I will return reviews but there will likely be a few days after receiving a review or informing a reader I will review before I can get to it, as I often have days where I don't get on-line I'm so busy.
Reviews: I tend to give fairly short reviews, focusing on any problems I perceived, questions I have about the work, and character analysis. I can and will expound upon anything the writer requests my opinion on, but generally reviews will be focused on character analysis and plot questions and comments.
Wanted: I'm fairly lax about reviews. While I love in-depth, long reviews and will gladly send an equally long response, I am perfectly fine with short reviews. I ask that if you review you tell me something of what you liked and didn't like and any areas of confusion with regards to the story.
Willing to Read: To be honest, I'm willing to read just about anything, though I prefer not to read extremely romantic romances because I have little to no experience with the topic.

Link: Survival Project

Description: Survival Project is an OT journey fic that takes place in Johto. It follows the adventures of Sai, a mysterious trainer who knows little about how the world works. The fic is told through his pokemons' point of view, with each chapter being told by a different pokemon.

Chapters: As of May 13, 2012, the fic has 7 chapters. I update every two weeks.

What do you want?: I'm looking for reviews that will tell me both what they like and what they don't like. I would like to know what I can improve on, and I want to know what I'm doing right. This goes for any aspect of the fic. For specifics, I'm particularly weak at description, so advice on that would help as well.

Willing to read: I'll read any pokemon fic that doesn't focus on romance or anime characters.

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-journey-five-regions-132875/

Description: It is a OT journey fanfic that spans all five regions. It also will have multiple subplots throughout the story.

Chapters: As of May 19, 2012, I have just posted the first chapter. I update every week at the most.

What do you want?: I would like reviews on the events of the story, what I can improve on, advice on things that I may have trouble with like details to the setting or characters.

Willing to read: Any fanfic that has legendary pokemon as main characters, crossovers with Pokemon, and journey fanfics with pokemon anime characters or original.

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/blades-north-low-fantasy-pokemon-132979/
Description: A low-fantasy Pokemon story with knights and the like. Pokemon, even ones we may consider small or weak, are usually extremely dangerous. There are no trainers, but men-at-arms have weapons that have slain Pokemon bound to them.
Chapters: 1 chapter as of 5/21/12. I'm looking to update around once a week or every other week.
What do you want?: Basically anything. I'd like to know if what I'm writing makes sense, if you can follow it, and really, I want to know that SOMEONE is reading it.
Willing to read: Willing to read almost anything that isn't a lemon. Length is relative; I will gladly burn through a few thousand words and give my opinion, but breaking the 20,000 word point may make me a bit slow on exchange. Favorites are darker fics and psychological fics especially. I also dislike anime-centric fics, but will read a chapter or two at the very least.

Link: Essence of Life

Description: A tale of a boy who is forced to face the impossibilities of an estranged world while running away from the most inescapable thing in the entire world - his own death. Destiny has other plans, though. [Journey, Adventure, Drama, Original Trainer]

Chapters: 9 chapters as of 8th May 2012. I update as often as I can, sometimes having the next chapter ready at the time of posting the previous chapter, though school can sometimes force me to delay it. It never takes me too long to update it, though.

What do you want?: While I am happy with anything, a more detailed review wouldn't hurt. I'm not asking for a detailed, psychological analysis of my characters or anything, but simple criticism, doesn't matter if it's harsh or not. A writer needs to improve and by accepting other people's criticism and implementing it so he can improve his work, he is allowed to do so.

Willing to read:
I'm wiling to read anything with intriguing plot or interesting characters. I don't know, I'm willing to read anything going up to fifteen chapters but even that might take some time. I'd also like to add that I rather love when writers take a spin on ordinary things, that keeps things fresh and makes stories easily memorable keeping me safe from growing bored or uninterested of the story or its characters. So shortly, I want something intriguing, something new and something fresh. Whether it's plot or its characters, I want it to pick my interest. If you think your story might pick my interest, feel free to contact me.

I'm just going to add my Cilan one-shot for now, but are we allowed to add more than one fic? I might decide to put another one in here in the future.

Link: My Conquest

Description: For a long time, Cilan has refused to speak of a horrible experience he once went through. And now he's finally decided to talk about it, even if he's only talking to himself.

Chapters: Only one as of April 16, 2012, as it's just a one-shot. It will also not be updated because of this unless I somehow come up with another idea for a Cilan fic and choose to turn it into a general Cilan story thread. I love Cilan and he's so far the only thing related to Pokemon that I'm willing to write about, so yeah. <3

What do you want?: I'm happy with any kind of review, really, as long as it isn't something like "lol this sucks" or "wow, awesome!" or "This is wrong, that looks bad, this needs fixed. Kthnxbai." You don't have to only praise me, but I find it discouraging when someone just points out the bad without saying what they liked about it. It makes me feel like a failure.

Willing to read: Anything that doesn't have explicit sex scenes, horror, sci fi stuff, or isn't of a fandom that I'm not familiar with. I'll let you know if your story is from a fandom I know well. Also, I generally don't like tragedy either, but there have been a few exceptions, so for this one, it depends. I'm not ESPECIALLY interested in Pokemon fanfics either, but I will still read them, particularly if they're about Cilan or Keldeo. :D Oh, and if the fic is longer than a few chapters (3-4), it might take me awhile to finish it, as I've got my own writing to work on and stuff as well.

I'm just going to add my Cilan one-shot for now, but are we allowed to add more than one fic? I might decide to put another one in here in the future.

Amazingly, I genuinely hadn't thought of that.

Yes, you can have more than one fic here, but in your second post, only put Link and Description and point out that it is your second (or more) fic and then I will add it to the same spoiler as your other one to save space.

Amazingly, I genuinely hadn't thought of that.

Yes, you can have more than one fic here, but in your second post, only put Link and Description and point out that it is your second (or more) fic and then I will add it to the same spoiler as your other one to save space.

Ah, mkay, that works. Thanks!

Link: Unpredictable

Description: Keith Anders goes on a Pokemon journey through Kanto, meeting on the way a young vigilante hell-bent on fighting Team Rocket. As he explores Kanto, he discovers much about himself and the conflict that is about to strike at the heart of the region. It's a journey fic that has much in common with game canon, but several glaring differences.

Chapters: Just put up Chapter 33 (my chapters are anywhere from 2k to 8k words), as of May 28, 2012. My updates are sporadic, but I try to keep it at about once every two weeks.

What do you want?: I'd like someone who's willing to critique my description, dialogue, etc. Hopefully I won't be making many spelling, grammar, or punctuation mistakes but I'd like any jarring ones pointed out. Discussion of the plot would be nice too. The length doesn't matter too much, especially if you actually read my entire fic. Just as long as you show time and effort.

Willing to read: I'm willing to read pretty much anything, as long as you've put time and energy into it. If you're proud of it, I'll read it, regardless of canon or fandom. Length is inconsequential as well, but I'd obviously need more time for longer fics.

I'll wait until I'm added to the list before making any requests.

I guess I'll break the ice here with the first request.

@unrepentantAuthor; I've been meaning to read Different Eyes for a while now, so why not make it an official exchange? I should have a review up in two weeks tops, but you're welcome to more time since I'm sure you've got a lot on your plate (not to mention my fic's five times longer than yours).

I guess I'll break the ice here with the first request.

@unrepentantAuthor; I've been meaning to read Different Eyes for a while now, so why not make it an official exchange? I should have a review up in two weeks tops, but you're welcome to more time since I'm sure you've got a lot on your plate (not to mention my fic's five times longer than yours).

I'd be more than happy to, AetherX! I'm flattered, honestly~ Which of your two fics would you like me to peruse? I should be able to respond within a reasonable timeframe, now that I'm a little freer. (Bear in mind, I operate on a chapter-for-chapter basis~)

I'd be more than happy to, AetherX! I'm flattered, honestly~ Which of your two fics would you like me to peruse? I should be able to respond within a reasonable timeframe, now that I'm a little freer. (Bear in mind, I operate on a chapter-for-chapter basis~)

The registered one, Unpredictable. Locked in Battle is... out of date. In that case, I'll do likewise. Also, it would probably be most helpful to me and easier for you to skip reviewing the first half, at the very least. I started writing Unpredictable in December of 2010, so it's been a while. My writing style and quality has changed dramatically, but in the end it's up to you.

I just finished reading Chapter One, and should have a review up before long.

Ooh, we both have just one chapter, @Gastly's Mama;, so how about we exchange reviews? If you're not interested in reading a Cilan story, though, that's okay. I know he isn't liked by everyone. xP

Last edited:

Hey @ArceusAlpha493, I'd like to exchange reviews with you. My fanfic is called The Mask's Secret and it's a journey fic too, focused on Bruno and Lorelei. How about it?

Edit: Following Kelleo's suggestion (thank you), here's the information of my story:

Link: The Mask's Secret

Description: Journey fic based on Bruno's and Lorelei's adventures through Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova to stop a new villain nicknamed The Mask.

Chapters: Only Chapter 1 posted as of May 30th, 2012 . I'm quite irregular with updates, but I'll try to do once every week and a half.

What do you want?: Basically I'm urging for description details, which means I'm not sure if I'm setting the background as I should or if you really get what I'm trying to pass on. I know it's a bit too much (and probably quite impossible to get in a review), but basically is your opinion about how the story is going.

Willing to read: A bit of everything, although a journey fic preferred. Also, if it's going to be something else different from Pokemon I might not understand the context (except for DBZ and Digimon)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom