• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Exchange

Re: NEW Review Exchange

You have to add your story to the list to be able to exchange reviews. The details are in the first post.

@Kelleo, please don't take it on yourself to tell other users what they should do. I know you want to help, but that's our job.

Also, list updated. (I think that's everyone?) Please note that if you want to offer a review exchange, you need to tag the user concerned in your post with the mentions feature, BBCode [noparse][MENTION][/MENTION][/noparse].

The Rules said:
Review exchanges are agreed on a case-by-case basis. A user having their fic up here does not mean that if you review them, they are obliged to review you back. You must arrange the review exchange first. This should be done in this thread and should include a tag of the user who you wish to make a deal with. Arrangements, including the time limit within which you are going to review each other's fics should be made in this thread.

Last edited:

@Kelleo, please don't take it on yourself to tell other users what they should do. I know you want to help, but that's our job.

Also, list updated. (I think that's everyone?) Please note that if you want to offer a review exchange, you need to tag the user concerned in your post with the mentions feature, BBCode [MENTION].

Oh, sorry. The rules didn't state that we had to use the mention tags. My bad. xP

And yeah, I was only trying to help. My mistake again.

Misheard Whisper, the link of my story in the first post isn't working, nor that of Gotpika. Could you please fix it? :)

Should we change our entry when we add a new chapter?

@Gotpika; How about an exchange? I can most likely get it done tomorrow.

@diamondpearl876; @Feliciano; @Tsutarja; @Legacy; @AetherX; I know I owe all you guys reviews, and I'm trying to get my tail on it ASAP. I'd appreciate a reminder of how many reviews I owe each of you, I've become very disorganised recently. If I've missed anyone out, feel free to berate me.

I'd appreciate a reminder of how many reviews I owe each of you, I've become very disorganised recently. If I've missed anyone out, feel free to berate me.

I've only given you one review so far, but I plan on changing that today. Take your time, you're nowhere near my current record for being promised a review and not getting it (I last talked to him in February, when he was a YEAR late and I still haven't gotten it, so don't feel pressured).

Consider yourself berated ;P

EDIT: Yeah, make that two reviews. Again, it's up to you whether you do the chapters one by one or only write reviews for the more recent ones (I really do encourage the latter, starting with the most recent arc or the one before that if you feel so inclined).

Last edited:

One each for chapters 2-8 of my fic. Or one big one encompassing all those chapters. :p

Nah, I'm kidding. Don't worry about it at all. If you're gonna review, you're gonna review, and you're gonna do it whenever you get around to it. No pressure.

Hey, how does an exchange sound? @AetherX;

Sounds great! I've got a couple other fics to work on and a Physics lab final due next week so I should have something for you in two weeks at the most (hopefully earlier). You're welcome to all the time you need, Unpredictable is fairly long.

Sure, but can you include my soon-to-be-posted Chapter 2 in this arrangement please?

What kind of time frame would you like to do? Around a week?

Of course. A week sounds just about right. :) I'll get on it as soon as you post chapter 2.

Link: Click
Description: Welcome to Peredia, a future dystopian society. Peredia covers the vast expanse of land once known as the Americas. To control the population, the Government has created a new law - anyone they deem imperfect will be killed on the spot. People barely leave their homes, and when they do, they are very good at hiding their flaws. Mass shootings occur in the slums and there is chaos all around.This land is home to many people, one of them being Nicky Valentine, a sixteen-year-old girl. She lives alone with her eleven-year-old sister Tianna. One day, Nicky's world is changed forever by a drowning kitten and a knock on her door. This is her story.
Chapters: Currently my story has one chapter and I am looking for a review before I continue. I am hoping to update every Friday.
What do you want?: I'm happy with anything - just a general critique. Be as harsh as you'd like, I want to better my writing skills.
Willing to read: I'm willing to read most things - my favorite genre is science fiction. I like more creative plots and stories that make you think. I like Pokemon stories, but I am willing to read others too.​

Link: The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons

Description: The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons is a story based on the Black & White games that focuses on Iris and how she started as a trainer and Drayden's apprentice. There will be focus on Drayden at times as well as other characters, expect that a tad later on in the story.

Chapters: Currently there is one chapter as of 8/25/12.

Reviews Given: My reviews vary quite often, they tend to be between one paragraph to several paragraphs and can be quite in-depth, especially if the story interest me a lot. I can be very blunt in my reviews and concise because I expect the same. Plot, Characters, Description, Characterization, Writing Style, Realism, and interesting characters tend to catch my attention rather quickly, I'm going to be very quick and to the point a lot of the times on how I feel about the characters and plot. Characterization is big for me to, good characterization can really make or break a story in some regards. I'll most likely all the time "state" why I dislike a point in the fic, rather then saying I disliked a point and leaving it at that. I also will speculate at times, grammar isn't a major gripe for me, but it's something I'll call out occasionally if I feel it gets confusing. I do chapter by chapter reviews. I'll make sure my review are clean in most regards, so I expect the same.

Reviews Wanted:
What I want. I expect good reviews as well, not short choppy sentences but a genuine review around a paragraph or two. My reviews will most likely most of the time mirror your reviews, an in-depth and lengthy review will result in such for you because I feel the need to give someone a fair trade off in a way. I like having all the flaws in my fic pointed out as it can only help me in the future and things that can be improved on Characterization, Development, Description, etc. I just want a good truly effort-induced review.

Willing to Read: I'm not interested in romance or crackfics. Complete comedy fics can be a tad tedious too for me as well as filler-ish fictions.

Reciprocates Within:
I'll usually try to get the review done quickly, but not rushed, and posted in a not drawn out long time span.

@G-Mama; Remove Opelucid's Investments, my earlier profile, from here and add this new one to the end of the list. Please and thank you.

Ha, I finally grew a set and posted my story. I am so nervous about this, lol xD

Link: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/sad-but-true-pokemon-metallica-crossover-138705/

Description: A Pokemon/Metallica crossover. When Metallica are booked to play a gig at a new hotel in Desert Resort, Lars Ulrich isn't happy about the heat. However, it turns out that this is the least of his worries. Who is the mystery person, lurking around in shadows and dark corners?

Rated Mature, to be on the safe side. Contains strong language and one descriptive scene of violence.

(You don't need to know anything about Metallica to understand the story. You do need to know about Gen 5 Pokemon).

Chapters: Just the one :)

What do you want?: Please tell me what you like about my story. Gentle critisicm is liked. Some people (on a different website) were very rude about some music remixes I did and it hurt my feelings, lol. Also, what genre do you think my story is? That may sounds daft but it's so different from anything I have written before and I dunno how to classify it.

Willing to read: Anything, except for a story with kidnapping in. That's one of my squicks.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom