• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Exchange

Re: NEW Review Exchange

Ah, I see now. Sorry, I didn't quite get how it worked, I was getting confused xD (Which I do disturbingly often) xD

Would you do an exchange with me please?

Ah, I see now. Sorry, I didn't quite get how it worked, I was getting confused xD (Which I do disturbingly often) xD

Would you do an exchange with me please?

Sure thing. There's a link to my story (Brotherhood) in the OP and in my signature. I'll warn you, though, it's 6 chapters long now as I've updated it a few times since I originally added it to the list. Yours is a one shot, isn't it? Are you still sure you want to do the exchange? I don't mind, of course.

In terms of time frame, I'm away for the next week or so, so you'd have to wait until after that for me to read it, I'm afraid. Would that be alright too?

Yep, mine is a one-shot. It was originally in 4 parts but I put them all together because I didn't really think it was long enough to be a serial (sp). 6 chapters is good though cos that's more for me to read :) Should I do 6 seperate reviews or one big review, mentioning all 6 chapters?

I am good to wait for a review on mine, no worries :)

Link- Pokémon: Like No One Ever Was

Description- A retelling of the anime, with less filler and a greater focus on realism and deeper plotlines, as well as a few game and manga attributes thrown in.

Rated Teen for fantasy violence and some language.

Chapters- As of this posting, three, sitting at a total of 25 pages.

Yep, mine is a one-shot. It was originally in 4 parts but I put them all together because I didn't really think it was long enough to be a serial (sp). 6 chapters is good though cos that's more for me to read :) Should I do 6 seperate reviews or one big review, mentioning all 6 chapters?

I am good to wait for a review on mine, no worries :)

One big one would probably be easier.
@Elite Four Lugion; I'm away at the moment but when I'm back on Saturday I'll add you to the list.

NOTE: If you are a Writer's Workshop moderator and are reading this, you should probably just do it. ;)

EDIT: @Elite Four Lugion; I'm adding you to the list now. Do you want Dragon Ball Legacy removed?

Last edited:

Link: Going Rogue

Description: It takes place in a distant future in the Pokemon World, the world has now been divided between two factions Rogue trainers and the Alliance, trainers that are in peace with the Alliance are the conventional trainers that you all know, they travel around the region gather badges and compete in leagues. Rogues are different though they are trainers that won't abide by the Alliance's rules, they go wherever they wish and do whatever they want and as thus they are hunted by them.

The story follow Gale a young trainer that has just set out into the world unknowing of what the situation truly is like, as Gale travels around he will discover what the world beyond his home really is like and that if one is not ready for the trials of life they won't be able to tell the tale.

The fic doesn't have a definite genre as of yet as it changes from light hearted to a bit darker from time to time.

What do you want?: I'll be happy with anything as long as I know the person's honest opinion as well as any criticism that they might have even if it's little.

Willing to Read: if it comes down to genre then I don't really have a preference, however I'd rather read something that doesn't have that many chapter as I just started school again, 10 chapters is my limit. On the side I will also keep reading that fic every time it updates, or at least try to keep reading it depending on how things go.

Is this thread still viable?

Link: You Win Some, You Lose Some

Description: Veteran trainers Salem and Electra are in Johto for new challenges, but they didn't expect to mentor Cherry, an air headed poke-dunce, and Aspen, a kid with a Pineco up his ass. But what's a journey without surprises and hijinks? (Comedy/Journey/Slice-of-Life)

Chapters: As of 1/14/13, has 2 chapters, updates are whenever I get the next chapter done, so that's sporadic to say the least. My chapters are quite long however, if that matters to anyone, one way or another.

What do you want?: I'm looking for something more in-depth that "I liked it!" or "I didn't like it". Basically an opinion, what in my story gave them that opinion, and what they think I can do to improve. I don't need a sentence-by-sentance analysis of my writing or anything, though If someone wants to do one, I won't say no.

Willing to read: I don't want to read any Dark fics. I'd prefer something more light-hearted, but other than that I suppose anything is fine. I won't read anything with an average chapter-length of less than a thousand words. And while I like long stories and will definitely read them when I enjoy them, since I don't know what I'm getting into here, I think being responsible for reviewing only the first five chapters is my limit for now.

Ok, let's get this thing going again!

My Fic (link): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/land-monsters-1-a-145816/

Description: Ren, a normal boy struggling with his identity as a fifteen year old growing up, suddenly finds himself in a strange new world surrounded by wondrous creatures with powers he has never seen before. Adventure ensues when Ren agrees to accompany his new friend on an epic quest for glory. But not everything is as it seems...

Chapters: so far, prologue and chapter one are up

What Do I Want: I'd just like some more opinions and suggestions about what I can improve upon. Something more than the typical "great job!" comments.

Willing to Read: Anything

Link: Hoshiyama Koko
Description: A small group of friends consisting of a tranquil martial artist with a love for challenges, a hot-blooded athlete with a hair-trigger temper, an aspiring ecologist with an inferiority complex, and a genius sociopath with more issues than can be counted return to their homeland of Japan after spending most of their lives in America. There, they enroll in an all-girls high school. None of them have any idea what destiny has in store for them, or how they will fare in this new environment. This is an original Slice of Life fic with romance and drama.
Chapters: Up to Chapter 8 with 9 in the works as of January 28, 2013, chapters ranging from 1300-2000 words on average. Factoring in school and the availability of a computer with free time, chapters come in every month to two months on average.
What do you want?: I'd be happy with anything, I'd just like to know how the audience feels I can make my work better.
Willing to read: I have no qualms with reading, so long as it has an engaging plot and relatable characters.

Link: The Magical Resistance
Description: In a world of magic, an evil Lord wishes to raise an evil deity, that never should return. Will the Guild of Mage succeed in finding the Wizard, the only one who can bring peace?(Fantasy, Journey, Adventure. These genres.)
Chapters: 10 Chapters, March 3, 2014
What do you want?: I would be happy with any review, just so long it gives good positive and negative points about my writing.
Willing to read: I am mostly a Fantasy reader. I would be willing to read about 5 chapters before I would give a review.

Hope I get some reviews. Haven't received much criticism, good or bad.

Link: The Magical Resistance
Description: In a world of magic, an evil Lord wishes to raise an evil deity, that never should return. Will the Guild of Mage succeed in finding the Wizard, the only one who can bring peace?(Fantasy, Journey, Adventure. These genres.)
Chapters: 10 Chapters, March 3, 2014
What do you want?: I would be happy with any review, just so long it gives good positive and negative points about my writing.
Willing to read: I am mostly a Fantasy reader. I would be willing to read about 5 chapters before I would give a review.

Hope I get some reviews. Haven't received much criticism, good or bad.

You may have more luck participating in The Review Game

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom