• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review League

I'd like to claim one beta read (40 points) for Vivarium, a oneshot I've written but not yet published. It contains graphic violence and some strong language, so the reader would have to be okay with that. It's around 7000 words long. Thanks!

Mmk, looks like it's all sorted then! Put on the leaderboard and we've already got a volunteer. I'll let you two sort it out.

I know that the review reward is currently provided by mods, but I would nonetheless like to apply to be a review contributor (with the encouragement of @diamondpearl876). I provided some relevant information already in my application to beta-read, but I'm happy to offer any additional information needed.

Sure! :D Would you mind providing some review examples for me to link? Much harder to do with betas, heh, since those usually happen in PMs, but reviews are public and easily accessible

I have provided a beta-reading for @canisaries' Vivarium, which I hope she will find useful!

@diamondpearl876 excuse me for the delay, here are some reviews that resemble what I'd provide as a contributing prize reviewer: one/two/three.

I would like to cash in my first 40 points for character art, expressing a strong preference for @canisaries as the provisioner. The characters of Different Eyes are anthros, and I happen to know this is very much in Canis' wheelhouse. Send me a shout!

Mmk. Since we're in a weird period (and I believe this is our first beta review prize redeemed that wasn't handled by DP and she's on a well-deserved break at the moment), I'll leave it on canisaries' scoreboard for the time being, until I can confirm it's been received and is satisfactory. But I do have a mental note of it being "complete".

@unrepentantAuthor Character art starts at 60 points. You've got 79 so you're still good for it on points. I'll assume you're still up for spending, so I'll go ahead and contact the artist pool about getting this started. If canisaries can't provide it, I'll bump it over to the other artists.

Regarding your reviews, the moderation team will discuss it as a group. Personally, I like what I see.

Gonna add to my log cabin here. sorrynotsorry

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Unequivocant
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter
+2 - 540 words
+4 - Super speedy
Total: +9

guidance
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter
+1 - 300 words
+4 - Super speedy
Total: +8

The Worldslayers
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter
+1 - 270 words
+4 - Super speedy
+2 - Monthly challenge (130-ish words about Karo, but mods' discretion)
Total: +10

Running total: 377

Oh man I forgot to check the points costs and was off by 50%. Still wanna go for it though I think and Canis says she's up for it.

For @canisaries 'Vivarium'
2 base, 1 chapter, 1 wordcount, 4 super speedy, 2 monthly challenge: 10 points.

I also completed a beta-reading of Vivarium, which Canisaries found useful and was satisfied with. I am, and I quote, "a good kitty beta." 10 points.

Also, I would like to formalise a suggestion I made on Discord: that base points for reviewing and pointers earned per chapter are unified and replaced with the following points source: "For each chapter reviewed, including the first, you receive a base 2 points."

This has the mechanical consequence of treating commentary on separate chapters as having equal worth, whether posted serially or in a single longer review. This has the social consequence of incentivising reviewers to leave longer reviews of more chapters, and disincentivising shorter serial reviews that would otherwise more efficiently earn points for less effort.

I hope that any mods considering this suggestion will perceive the reasoning behind this suggestion and implement the change. I'm happy to discuss it further, having thought about it carefully since mentioning it casually in Discord, but the intent in short form is for the points system to more appropriately distribute points without seriously altering the rate at which points can be accumulated either positively or negatively.

Mmk, beta review is done, the art request is done already, and these 20 points check out!

I'll forward that suggestion to the team and we'll discuss what changes, if any, we'll bring.

I've neglected to stay up-to-date on logging. Back to lumberjack school for me...

Different Eyes
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter
+1 - 445 words
+4 - Super speedy (barely XP)

Different Eyes 2012 Edition
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter
+1 - 300 words
+2 - Workshop Archive (I think I'm probably abusing a loophole here, but whatever)
+4 - Super speedy
Total: +10

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Unequivocant
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter
+1 - 430 words
+4 - Super speedy

guidance
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 part
+1 - 360 words
+4 - Super speedy

-70 POINTS FOR COMPLETED STORY BANNER PRIZE

Running total: 341 points

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom