• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review League

First, @Beth Pavell, your points look good, thanks!

Second, the August 2018 monthly challenge is up! Check out the first post for details! Since the awards were delayed a little this year, we're gonna put off the awards/judging review bonus points until next month.

Lastly...

N8J.gif

It's the Review League's 1 year anniversary!
I guess y'all can call me a little sappy, but I've been here for a little over a year now, and the Review League was the first project I tried to kick-start in the WW when I was hired. The hope was to encourage users to review more to give all our talented authors the recognition they deserve and to help them improve their craft. I know reading and reviewing takes a lot of time and energy. I know we all lead busy, busy lives and write our own stuff. But I'm extremely happy to see how much effort has gone into spreading the review love in our community over the last year.

I compiled a little bit of stats of every review logged here with the Review League since last August 1. I'm no expert at stat collecting or stat analysis, heh, but I do know that putting numbers on paper gave me a different perspective on things. Let's see...

- A total of 127 fics, one-shots, poems, and more were reviewed! Who knew there was so much awesome stuff to read around here?
- A grand total of 570 separate reviews were logged here with the Review League from 18 different reviewers!
- A grand total of 771 chapter-specific comments were in reviews logged here with the Review League! I think I speak for most of us when I say it's nice to have people come back again and again to let us know how they've liked our fics throughout.
- Our reviewers have collectively written ~283,000 words in their reviews over the last year! You could write several novels with that amount of words!

And to give some credit to our most outstanding reviewers...

@Persephone holds the record of the longest review logged at 4,250 words! Thanks for putting in the time and effort to always provide such helpful insight.
@Beth Pavell holds the record for the highest amount of separate reviews (100) and second highest amount of different fics reviewed (48). Thanks for always trying to help the newbies out in particular and for giving so many different types of fics a shot.
@Ambyssin and @canisaries hold the record for most amount of reviews left on a single fic (25 for both)! Thanks for your dedication in reviewing chapter by chapter, guys.

Of course, thanks to all reviewers and those who contribute to the WW as a whole. Reviews not logged with the Review League weren't counted here given the difficulty and amount of time needed to find them all, but I appreciate you guys, too.

Keep on reviewing!

<3 diamondpearl876

guidance
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 part
+1 - 350 words
+4 - Super speedy
Total: +8

Running total: 524
Lifetime total: 594

Also, I'd like to put in a character sketch/drawing request, but the details are super spoilerrific and would prefer to discuss it privately... assuming this request can even be filled. <.<;

@canisaries, checks out!

@Ambyssin, same! I'll let the art team know they've got another request coming in. If you want to get in touch with me for details (I don't mind spoilers), let me know, as I'd rather not dump a nebulous request on them.

@namohysip, welcome! Looks like you've got the way this works already, and it's lovely to see you on the scoreboard so soon!

@Beth Pavell, beta request is now on the board. We'll work out who'll be doing the beta soon.

I just realized I didn't make a joke about logging reviews in my last post. I apologize and would like to inform the good mods that the editor who let that slip by has been let('s) go.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation (Prologue)
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 part
+2 - 620 words
+4 - Super speedy
Total: +9

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation (Chapter 1)
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 part
+2 - 500 words
+4 - Super speedy

guidance
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 part
+2 - 539 words
+4 - Super speedy

Running total: 551
Lifetime total: 621

@Ambyssin Pfft, well, your jokes certainly liven up the approval process for me, so I hope you hire a new editor and keep 'em coming. ;) Oh, yeah, and approved.

@canisaries Woo fabulous jazz hands!!! Approved!

Also, I'm giving @Cresselia92 30 points retroactively for filling out 3 art requests for the Review League in the past! I normally don't bother the staff artists with pings and points here since most of them aren't interested in fanfic, but I've been happy to see Cress get back into the swing of fanfic and post around more in the WW. She was interested in the points, and she more than deserves them. :) Thanks again for your hard work, Cress!

Finally... I've seen a couple questions about the upcoming awards feedback in the #writing channel, which of course always happen when I'm asleep. :p All awards feedback should go in one post, both story and character comments, although of course you're free to respond in another post if the author has comments/questions! And you're free to expand or change your judging comments so you're addressing the author instead of a group of judges; copy and paste jobs can feel a bit detached.

*backs dump truck into topic* Did somebody order a steaming pile of giant reviews?

Hunter, Haunted
+2 - Base
+14 - 3520 words
+1 - 350 word reply to the author
+2 - September bonus (awards nominee)
+2 - Judging feedback
+2 - August bonus (well over 100 words about Red)
+2 - August bonus (well over 100 words about Joanna)
Total: +25

Phantom Project
+2 - Base
+8 - 2215 words
+2 - Judging feedback
+2 - August bonus (150-ish words about Sai)
+2 - August bonus (150-ish words about Glori)
Total: +18

The Long Walk
+2 - Base
+16 - 4050 words
+2 - Judging feedback
+2 - August bonus (over 100 words about Eve)
+2 - August bonus (over 100 words about Josh)
Total: +26

guidance
+2 - Base
+15 - 3778 words
+2 - Judging feedback
+2 - August bonus (well over 100 words about Pixie)
+2 - August bonus (well over 100 words about Valentina)
Total: +25

Different Eyes
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter
+4 - 1075 words
Total: +7

Running total: 669
Lifetime total: 739

I admit I think I'm loophole abusing here, but the August bonus says each character that gets >100 words gets you a bonus, so... please don't hurt me. DX

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom