• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review League

Because You Were There
Review - 2
One chapter - 1
250 words - 1
Total - 4

A Series of Rather Humorous Events
Review - 2
One chapter - 1
Speedy review - 4
Total - 7

Retelling of Satoshi's Kanto Journey
Review - 2
One chapter - 1
250 words - 1
Total - 4

Pokémon: A Marvellous Journey
Review - 2
One chapter - 1
500 words? - 2
Speedy review - 2
Total - 7

Query here - does quoted text count towards the word count? If it doesn't, then my Marvellous Journey review comes out to just above 500. If it does, it's over 750

Because You Were There
Review - 2
One chapter - 1
250 words - 1
Total - 4

Review - 2
One chapter - 1
Speedy review - 4
Total - 7

Retelling of Satoshi's Kanto Journey
Review - 2
One chapter - 1
250 words - 1
Total - 4

Pokémon: A Marvellous Journey
Review - 2
One chapter - 1
500 words? - 2
Speedy review - 2
Total - 7

Query here - does quoted text count towards the word count? If it doesn't, then my Marvellous Journey review comes out to just above 500. If it does, it's over 750

Like Ace said, quoted parts don't count. They make it all too easy to boost your point score for words you didn't write. However, quotes do make it easy for me to confirm that you're commenting on a specific chapter, and any words you write in your review in response to a quote count.

Multiple Dimensionality
Base Points: 2
Word Count: 1
Monthly Challenge: 2
Awards Review: 2
Total: 7

Base Review: 2
Chapters Mentioned: 2
Speedy Review (24 hrs): 4
Total: 8

Overall Total: 15

Looks good, thanks!

Updated up to this post.

Last edited:
Digs, Dives Post-Award Review
8 points total
Review- 2
250+ words-1
Uncommon Genre- 3
Bonus category- 2

A Day in the Life of a Slowpoke Post-Award Review
6 points total
Review- 2
500+ words- 2
Bonus category- 2

A Poem About Ethan's Battle With Red on Mt. Silver Post-Award Review
4 points total
Review- 2
Bonus category- 2

Little Blue Home Post-Award Review
7? points total
Review- 2
250+ words- 1
Uncommon Genre- 3 (Not sure if this one counts for this)
Bonus category - 2

Total Points

Uncommon genre includes short stories, non-pokemon, and crossovers, so poetry doesn't count. You didn't add points for judging each fic in addition to the monthly bonus, however, so you get another 2 points for each! Your total, then, would be 31 points.

Land of The Roses

Review - 2
One chapter - 1
250 words - 1
Speedy review - 2

Total - 6

Looks good.

Updated to this post. Also, the mods have discussed about replying back and forth with authors, and I've added this to the word count points: If an author replies to your review and you continue to post and discuss their fic with them, you can add the discussion posts toward your word count." Keep up the awesome work, guys!

Flying in the Dark - 12 points (750 words, review game, 5 chapters referred to, base points)
valence - 7 points (FOTM, Awards, 250 words, base points)
Rara Avis - 10 points (500 words, 4 chapters, 48 hours, base points)

I believe this gives me 71 points. As such, I'd like to cash in 60 of them to get a story banner.

I'd like one for Eight Easy Steps. My dream banner for the story has always been Alaska (white skin, black hair, red collared shirt and jeans) standing a top of her enemies (pretty blonde boy, pretty blonde girl, black haired glasses wearing strict woman, Gideon, the Kanto starters, Red) holding a flag, her Pidgey resting on her shoulder and a smug look on her face.

As that might be quite difficult, I would also be fine with something a bit dark and edgy with her, her team (which I can discuss with whoever does it as there would be spoilers otherwise) and maybe some sort of blue explosion though not in a cheesy way. Idk what people are capable of, so whichever of the artists wants to do it, feel free to contact me. I am away for two months so plenty of time to do it XD

Flying in the Dark - 12 points (750 words, review game, 5 chapters referred to, base points)
valence - 7 points (FOTM, Awards, 250 words, base points)
Rara Avis - 10 points (500 words, 4 chapters, 48 hours, base points)

I believe this gives me 71 points. As such, I'd like to cash in 60 of them to get a story banner.

I'd like one for Eight Easy Steps. My dream banner for the story has always been Alaska (white skin, black hair, red collared shirt and jeans) standing a top of her enemies (pretty blonde boy, pretty blonde girl, black haired glasses wearing strict woman, Gideon, the Kanto starters, Red) holding a flag, her Pidgey resting on her shoulder and a smug look on her face.

As that might be quite difficult, I would also be fine with something a bit dark and edgy with her, her team (which I can discuss with whoever does it as there would be spoilers otherwise) and maybe some sort of blue explosion though not in a cheesy way. Idk what people are capable of, so whichever of the artists wants to do it, feel free to contact me. I am away for two months so plenty of time to do it XD

You indeed have 71 points. I've subtracted the 60 points and put that your prize is pending. I'll contact the art contributors and see who's available to make that dream banner of yours!

Another note: anyone who's reviewed the FOTM can claim the FOTM points if they reviewed the fic anytime in August. The author's just busy and hasn't gotten the interview in, but you can claim your points anyway!

man i sure hope i understood the system correctly... well, here i go

Charles Legend's Transamewusing Adventures (chapter one)

review - 2
chapters - 1
750+ words - 3
total - 6

You were just shy of 750 without the intro and the "I hope this was helpful" comments, which I generally don't factor into wordcount 'cause they're filler. I'll give it to ya this time. :') Looks good otherwise, hope to see more reviews from you soon!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom