• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review League

o frak almost forgot to post

Iterations (Prologue: Vaira)
review - 2
chapter - 1 (a prologue, though. not sure if it's a point)
250+ words - 1
review game - 2
total - 6

A prologue counts for sure. Looks good!

After the Ashes: Sasha's Story
Review: 2
Chapter: 1
Length: 1? (You can check this)

Iterations
I think I was just shy of 48 hours.

Rara Avis: Oak and Iron Bound
24 hours (speedy review): 4

Yep, you reached roughly 300 words for After the Ashes. My time stamps for Iterations show you responded in ~30 hours, so I'll give you 48 hour points. +16 is your total.

Updating now!

Last edited:
TEEN: - Flying in the Dark
+2 for review
+1 for chapter
+4 for speedy review

The First Warriors: Chapter Seven
+2 for review
+2 for monthly challenge
+2 because I judged it

How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 86
+2 for review
+2 for review game
+3 for long
+2 for monthly challenge

The [Detriment]
+2 for review
+3 for long
+2 for monthly challenge

It works out to be +29, if everything checks out.

I'm getting below 500 words for The [Detriment], so +1 there for at least being 250 words. Otherwise, the rest looks good. Adding! :3

The monthly challenge switches out tomorrow, so if you plan to review a fic judged in the awards and claim the monthly challenge points, you only have a few hours left to do so!

Pokemon Spectrum
Review - 2
Awards Review/Judging - 4
750+ words - 3 (it's like 999 without the header and I feel like editing it is in poor taste lol)

total: 9

Land of the Roses
Review - 2
250+ words - 1

total: 7

Pokemon Spectrum
Review - 2
750+ words - 3 (it's like 999 without the header and I feel like editing it is in poor taste lol)

total: 9

Land of the Roses
Review - 2
250+ words - 1

total: 7

I wouldn't knock you off for being 1 word off regardless, but my word count tool gave me 1,001. *shrugs* Adding 17 as your total! Woo!

Last edited by a moderator:
How are the art prizes intended to work? Is there an opportunity to discuss them with the artist, do I set a design brief, etc

Like AceTrainer14 did, you can start off by posting here saying you're claiming an art prize. Specify which one and a general idea of what you're looking for so that, when I message the group of art contributors, we're able to find someone capable of doing what you're asking for. When I have an interested art contributor, I'll set up a conversation with me, you, and the artist where you can discuss anything further with them, ask for updates, etc.

Ok, well in that case I'd like a story banner for Kanto: There and Back Again. It ought to feature Bethany Pavell (Aw isn't she cute) looking adventurous, set against a backdrop of Mt Moon. Accuracy in the character design is important - I've got an image somewhere as a kind of concept art of what I have in mind, and I can provide some concise details to clarify that.

Otherwise, I'm not bothered if the Mt Moon art is original or not - it might be nice to set it at night, but that depends on input from the artist. In general I'd like to keep it quite simple

Ok, well in that case I'd like a story banner for Kanto: There and Back Again. It ought to feature Bethany Pavell (Aw isn't she cute) looking adventurous, set against a backdrop of Mt Moon. Accuracy in the character design is important - I've got an image somewhere as a kind of concept art of what I have in mind, and I can provide some concise details to clarify that.

Otherwise, I'm not bothered if the Mt Moon art is original or not - it might be nice to set it at night, but that depends on input from the artist. In general I'd like to keep it quite simple

Sounds good to me! That'll be 60 points. I'll subtract it from your current total and put prize pending for you. I'll contact the art contributors and get back to you ASAP.

Galactic Exposed
Length: 1 (You can check this though)

Iterations
Length: 1 (You can again, check this)

Hunter, Haunted
Length: 1 (ditto, the above)
Speedy Review, 24 hrs: 4

Total: 16

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom