• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review League

Okay. So, uh, I've kind of neglected this for a little while and have a bit of backlog to chug through. I apologize for any of the inconvenience. :(

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter
+4 - 1200 words
+4 - Super speedy
Total: +11

+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter
+3 - 750-ish words
+4 - Super speedy
Total: +10

+2 - Base
+2 - 2 chapter (13 & 14)
+6 - 1500-ish words
+4 - Super speedy (chapter 14 only)
Total: +14

+2 - Base
+1 - 1 chapter (15)
+2 - 550-ish words
+4 - Super speedy (at the time, anyway...)
Total: +9

Orre: The Desert.
+2 - Base
+2 - 2 parts
+4 - 1000 words
X2 - Reviewing Secret Santa
Total: +16

Pokémon x Kingdom Hearts: Fateful Crossing
+2 - Base
+1 - 1 part
+2 - 640 words
X2 - Reviewing Secret Santa
Total: +10

+2 - Base
+15 - 15 parts
+40 - 10,000-ish words (Google Docs says 11,525, but I subtracted about 1500 for quotes)
+4 - Super speedy (chapter 29 only)
+2 - December challenge (there's way more than 100 words about the story's plot)
Total: +63

Total for post: +133

RUNNING TOTAL: 774
LIFETIME TOTAL: 1004

Got a Secret Santa one in for The Archsage War. 2/base, 2/chapters, 8/wordcount, 3/non-pokémon, 2/monthly challenge (I consider the commentary on the developing intrigue to count), doubled/Secret Santa, 34 Total.

Snowfall
Base: 2
(3) Chapter(s): 3
(6) 250 Words: 6
Uncommon Genre (Non-Pokemon): 3
Monthly Bonus: 2
Secret Santa Bonus: 16
Total: 32 Points

Pletora's Story
Base: 2
(2) Chapter(s): 2
(4) 250 Words: 4
Monthly Bonus: 2
Secret Santa Bonus: 10
Total: 20 Points

Current: 61 Points

Sidenote: I'd like to update my Beta Reader Contributor entry, so I'll send a PM with the info.

May as well get my secret santa in, as well.

Multiple Dimensionality Redux
4 points for review
6 points for 750+ words
2 points for chapters 1 and 2
Total: 12 Points (all points have been doubled already for the secret santa)

I apparently went overboard with Secret Santa, but I enjoyed the read, so no complaints. Here goes nothing.

Points per Review 15x2=30 (One Review per Arc)
Points per Chapter 128x1=128
Points per Word Count 1,800ish/250=7.188ish (7 pts)
Points per Review Game 2
Double Points for Secret Santa (aka Total Points) 167x2=334

I think 334 is the total, please correct me if I am wrong

aaaand dumpin. first some hands of creation:

PMD: Hands of Creation - Chapter 16
base - 2
chapters - 1

Chapter 17
base - 2
chapters - 1

Chapter 18
base - 2
chapters - 1

Chapter 19
base - 2
chapters - 1

Chapter 21
base - 2
chapters - 1
speedy bonus (24h) - 4

Chapter 22
base - 2
chapters - 1
speedy bonus (48h) - 2

Chapter 23
base - 2
chapters - 1

Chapter 24
base - 2
chapters - 1
speedy bonus (48h) - 2

Chapter 25
base - 2
chapters - 1

Chapter 28
base - 2
chapters - 1
speedy bonus (48h) - 2

Chapter 29
base - 2
chapters - 1
speedy bonus (24h) - 4

Chapter 30
base - 2
chapters - 1
250 (exactly) words - 1
speedy bonus (24h) - 4

now for some other fics:

In the Streets of Lago - Chapter 2
base - 2
chapters - 1
250+ words - 1

Different Eyes - Prologue
base - 2
chapters - 1
750+ words - 3

Different Eyes - Chapter 1
base - 2
chapters - 1
500+ words - 2

Lunar [One-Shot]
base - 2
chapters - 1
speedy bonus (24h) - 4

Love and Other Nightmares - Secret Santa review!
base - 2
chapters - 5
2500+ words - 10
secret santa - (2+5+10) * 2 = 17 * 2 = 34

total - 111

To put these points to work, I'd like to claim yet another review (40 points) for a revised chapter of Hunter, Haunted, this time Chapter 6. Note that this chapter is rated mature just like the fic is and that's due to gruesome imagery. There's also language, but if you can handle the gore, you're very unlikely to be fazed by that at that point. Thanks!

Last edited:
@canisaries has completed a double billing of character art for me. It's a single piece of art featuring two characters — would that be 120 points?

chatacter_art_prize__dusk_and_salem__by_wolframclaws_dcx1gyw-pre.jpg

@canisaries I've gone to the trouble of adding your response to DP's response to the word total of your Love and Other Nightmares review. However, since the secondary response was made after the SS deadline it won't be getting double points, despite technically being a continuation. I'll throw in an extra point though, because with the two combined, it's pretty damn close to reaching another extra 250 words. Oh yeah, also +20 for unrepentantAuthor's double piece. Total: 134 points.

I've also thrown your request on the board.

@Patrick Haines finally got caught up with sorting your numbers out. You actually get a whopping 75 points for your word count:
  • 15 reviews (+2 base points) = 30 points
  • 128 chapters commented on (+1 per chapter) = 128 points
  • 18927 was my final word count. Divided by 250 = 75 points
  • Part of the review game, +2 = 2 points
  • Doubled as part of the Secret Santa event (30+128+75+2)*2 = 470 points!
Pretty impressive!

235 base points for reviewing one story? Fancy that! Why doesn't everyone try it

Two reviews of my own
FITD: 10 (Base + Monthly + 500 + 4 chapters
SRBS: 21 (Base + Monthly + 1250 words + 12 chapters)

Oof, looks like there's a lot that I've been procrastinating about on this. With the new "4 reviews per week" policy coming out effective the 10th, you really kicked my butt into getting this done! So... thanks? And sorry. I'll keep this as organized as possible. Gonna organize it by author.

Guiding Light, Special Episode 2 This consists of specific commentary over chapters 16-19, plus 2 bonus chapters, for a total of +6
Base +2
1000+ words = +4

Guiding Light, Episode 6 Consists of chapters 20~24, plus a bonus episode, for a total of +6
Base +2
1250+ words = +5

Guiding Light, Episode 7 Consists of Chapters 25~31 + a Christmas special, for a total of +8
Base +2
1750+ words = +7

Guiding Light, Episode 8 Consists of chapters, uh, well, the numbers reset (which is why it's now a little awkward for me to refer to chapters by number compared to other sites, so I referred to them by title instead) but the chapters are 1~7, plus two bonuses, total of +9
Base +2
2000+ words (are these getting longer...?) = +8

Pleatora's Story - Final chapter +1
Base +2
250+ words +1

Orre: The Desert Chapters 1 and 2 +2
Base +2
500+ words +2

Dungeons and Dragonite Chapters 1 and 2 +2
Base +2
500+ words +2

Different Eyes Chapters 1-5 +5
Base +2
1250+ words +5

I've got a few more reviews to do after, but I'll log those after. Don't want to overwhelm. Maybe once the 10th rolls around, I'll log down 4 more. That should get me all or mostly caught up. After that I just have to make a habit of keeping this going... Sorry!

Total added: +89
Old total: 96
New total: 185

Ooooooh, points! I want points!

Review of TEEN: - Lone Star Shine Down

+2 base points for review
+1 extra points for one chapter reviewed
+5 extra points for 1,381 word review (Not including words that are just quotes of the author, out of good faith/newbie confusion.) EDIT: Not counting quoted words from fic author is official Review League policy.
+2 extra points for speedy review (within 48 hours)
+2 (?) extra points for February 2019 bonus challenge, I think? I'm a little confused by this one. Do you mean the fic summary?

Current self-calculated total: Either 10 or 12, I can't tell. Counting is hard. I'm new around here. Could I, uh, get clarification on the bonus challenge? Thank you.

:confused_emoji:

EDIT: Turns out I skimmed the point rules a little too quickly. Quoting the fic author DOES NOT count towards review word count. This was already factored in out of an abundance of caution; however, I struck out the note accompanying my word count calculation and added an explanation of the rules, in case someone like me stumbles across this post and gets the wrong idea.

Last edited:
Ooooooh, points! I want points!
Then points you shall have! Regarding the Feb 2019 bonus challenge: basically, any combination of 100 words mentioning the details and description of a story works. Doesn't have to be all at once, you could have multiple sections of your review that count up towards these 100 words.

Anyways, your points check out.

After that I just have to make a habit of keeping this going... Sorry!
Tis okay! The point of the new policy wasn't to single anyone out, so don't worry about it too much, and I appreciate the cooperation here. Your points check out as well.

figured i may as well start logging a bit more often so the weekly limit won't hit so hard!

first we got, you guessed it, some hands of creation:

Chapter 31
base - 2
chapters - 1
speedy bonus (24h) - 4

Chapter 32
base - 2
chapters - 1
speedy bonus (24h) - 4 (I'm not completely sure on this one, though? I'm not familiar enough with AM/PM.)

Chapter 33
base - 2
chapters - 1
speedy bonus (48h) - 2

and so that i won't forget:

Digimon Genesis - Chapter 1
base - 2
chapters - 1
500+ words - 2
non-pokemon - 3

total - 27

I'll do this one. I might not get it done fast, but I've been meaning to read it and want to get on with it.

actually, if you're the one looking at it, i'd prefer you started with the first chapter - so i'd like to change the request for chapter 1 instead of chapter 6. content warnings are pretty much the same. is that ok?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom