• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review League

A small announcement!

After some discussion, the team has decided to clarify the wording of one of the Review League rules. "Speedy Review" points are conferred to any review of a recently updated fic, whether or not the review pertains to the most recent update. Previously, this rule was ambiguous, as some reviewers found it intuitive that only reviews of new content would be eligible for this bonus. The new wording is as follows:
  • For speedy reviews done within 48 hours of a fic being released or updated, you will receive 2 extra points. Reviews need not pertain to the latest update.
  • For speedy reviews done within 24 hours of a fic being released or updated, you will receive 4 extra points. Reviews need not pertain to the latest update.
We hope this will encourage more reviews of longer fics that would otherwise not benefit nearly as much from the speedy review incentive!

TRNatalie has had her beta reading fulfilled!

This Cat's Reviews:
Lucas Whitefur's Snowbound: 2/base, 1/chapter, 4/super speedy: 7 total.

R E V I E W I N G

Flying in the Dark (letters 5/6) - 7 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 2 pts
Words (831) - 3 pts

Flying in the Dark (everything else) - 15 pts
Review - 2 pts
Words (2,780) - 11 pts
Monthly Challenge (Pacing) - 2 pts

The Legendarian Chronicles (general) - 12 pts
Review - 2 pts
Words (2,024) - 8 pts
Monthly Challenge (Pacing) - 2 pts

The Legendarian Chronicles (Ch 13 + response) - 11 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapter - 1 pts
Words (1,053) - 4 pts
Super Duper Speedy* - 4 pts

*I feel like I just squeaked this one in? Unclear? Am okay taking 2 points if that is the case.

Flying in the Dark (Letter 25) - 11 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapter - 1 pts
Words (1,041) - 4 pts
Super Duper Speedy - 4 pts

Last edited:
hello again, it's been a while since i logged so here we go

Hands of Creation - Chapters 43 and 44
base - 2
chapters - 2
250+ words - 1

Hands of Creation - Chapters 46, 47 and 48
base - 2
chapters - 3
250+ words - 1
speedy (48h) - 2

Hands of Creation - Chapter 51
base - 2
chapters - 1
250+ words - 1
speedy (24h) - 4

Hands of Creation - Chapter 52, 53, 54 (+ reply but it doesn't affect the wordcount bonus)
base - 2
chapters - 3 (though I'm not sure if this one counts as more of a general review, making this only 1 point)
250+ words - 1

total - 27 (or 25)

also, you can mark one of those hh reviews i requested as fulfilled. thanky

Apologies for the delay; I set a reminder alarm to take care of this, ignored it while I was busy with something, then promptly forgot entirely that this is a thing. :p

@canisaries I couldn't quite figure out specifically where the three chapters were referenced (apart from 54 basically getting "no comment") so I'll count that as 1 point. Other than that, your points add up!

Same to you, @unrepentantAuthor Scoreboard updated.

Oneshot reviews! and surprise the long walk buried somewhere in there

SWAP! - 11 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-shot Contest - 4 pts
Words (1,064) - 4 pts

Mail for Welltown - 9 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-shot Contest - 4 pts
Words (656) - 2 pts

Hear That Which I Desire - 13 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-shot Contest - 4 pts
September theme (100 words on a character; Kestan) - 2 pts
Words (1,091) - 4 pts

Dispatch Deferred - 9 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-shot Contest - 4 pts
Words (554) - 2 pts

The Long Walk - 5 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
Words (550) - 2 pts

Prayers Unheard + Response - 10 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-Shot Contest - 4 pts
Words (556 + 199) - 3 pts

To See Your Smile - 9 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-Shot Contest - 4 pts
Words (513) - 2 pts

Places We Call Home - 9 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters (4) - 4 pts
Words (906) - 3 pts

Last edited:
Mon 30th - Sun 6th - 35 pts

All For Our Emperor - 6 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pts
Non-Pokémon Fic - 3 pts
Words (53) - 0 pts

Hear That Which I Desire - 12 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-Shot Contest - 4 pts
Non-Pokémon Fic - 3 pts
September theme (100 words on a character; Kestan) - 2 pts
Words (242) - 0 pts

Prayers Unheard - 8 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-Shot Contest - 4 pts
Words (414) - 1 pt

Mail for Welltown
- 9 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-Shot Contest - 4 pts
Words (238+292=530) - 2 pts

i better get my reviews in too before i forgetti

Dispatch Deferred
base - 2
chapters - 1
500+ words - 2
oneshot contest bonus - 4

SWAP!
base - 2
chapters - 1
500+ words - 2
oneshot contest bonus - 4

Places We Call Home
base - 2
chapters - 1
500+ words - 2

Hands of Creation - Chapter 55, 56
base - 2
chapters - technically 2 but it's general so 1 point
500+ words - 2
speedy (24h) - 4

total - 32

Mon 7th - Sun 13th - 40 pts

The Chemist of Grandbell - 10 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-Shot Contest - 4 pts
Non-Pokémon Fic - 3 pts
Words (219) - 0 pts

SWAP! - 8 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-Shot Contest - 4 pts
Words (291) - 1 pt

Hope You're Proud - 10 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-Shot Contest - 4 pts
September theme (100 words on a character; Ash) - 2 pts
Words (280) - 1 pt

To See Your Smile - 12 pts
Review - 2 pts
Chapters - 1 pt
One-Shot Contest - 4 pts
Non-Pokémon Fic - 3 pts
September theme (100 words on a character; Isaac) - 2 pts
Words (125) - 0 pts

Man, I gotta review more

Anyways, first time cashing in points, woo! Request is gonna be kind of long, so I'll put it in a spoiler, but its a character sketch prize.

Digital drawing (or scanned in, at the very least) of what is essentially a simplifed version of "Steamboat Willie", the old disney cartoon. Yknow, this guy:

The sketch just needs to be a simplified version of this guy. No super defining features like the eyes or buttons on the pants, jut the general mouse shape with the hat and clothes. I was thinking just like a blank face, like you see in the backgrounds of cartoons and anime. A neutral pose is requested, along the lines of his hand/circle/paw thingies on his hips and him looking happily past the frame. As for the last detail, if at all possible make the whole image fit in a perfectly square border. This is technically for card art, so square would work the best. If it's too much for the points I currently, have, just let me know!

I'm basically giving up on logging all of them, but I at least want to log a few things of old.

I'll start with these four. They're all for the one-shot competition and I had dropped them... a long time ago, so if the logging time expired, I understand. But until then...

The Chemist of Grandbell
+2 base
One-shot +1
250+ words +1

Hey Hey What Can I Do
+2 base
One-shot +1
250+ Words +1

To See You Smile
+2 base
One-shot +1
250+ Words +1

Hope You're Proud
+2 base
One-shot +1

So that's a total of +15

And if the competition bonus is still in effect, an additional +16 on top of that.

My grand total used to be 170 and my lifetime total (including points that had been spent) is 240. I'll edit this post once I know how much I earned from these and hopefully I'll remember to post the rest next week.

Edit: I got the clear, so my new grand total is 201
Lifetime total is 271

Last edited:
@kintsugi @namohysip @canisaries you all check out fine, I've updated your totals.

@ogDG welcome to the League! You're missing a few points there, bud. Each chapter commented on is +1 points, the Secret Santa is worth 10 points, and I'm gonna toss in a point for wordcount on that review with 240w, since it barely falls short. Your actual total is 23 points, and I've added you to the scoreboard. Nice work.

Anyways, first time cashing in points, woo! Request is gonna be kind of long, so I'll put it in a spoiler, but its a character sketch prize.

We're really short on staff artist staffpower right now, but this request is still on the books. Thanks for bearing with us while we get on this.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom