• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review League

I saw the announcement for points eligible for the review secret santa, so I'll just throw that in here real quick, along with some of my other reviews in the backlog...

A Marvelous Journey!
Base: 2
Chapters commented on: Sweeping beginning chapters (around 7, so +1) and specific feedback on the latest chapter (+1) for a total of +2
Words: A little over 1000, +4
Secret Santa bonus: x2
Total: +16

And I'm gonna just log three of my favorite reviews from the oneshot contest and just dump the rest. I've got enough points and I just want to go for a clean slate on 2020 from here on.

Mail for Welltown
Oneshot: 1
Words: Just under 1000, +3
Competition review: +4
Total: 10

Kunane
Words: Just over 500, +2
Competition review: 4
Total: 9

Hear That Which I Desire
Words: Just over 500, 2
Competition review: 4
Total: 9

Total: 44

So If I did that all correct...
Unspent total: 245
Grand total: 315

Also, I think I'm going to take on an offer someone made to me a little while ago, if it's not a bother. I'm not sure what it falls under, but... @unrepentantAuthor mentioned a map making passion. Would that qualify as a "setting" thing? I was thinking about having a world map done for Kilo. I’m not sure how extensive that is or if it’s beyond the scope of 80 points, but I’m happy to hash that out.

@namohysip Your points check out. Feel free to tally all your oneshot reviews, I will absolutely log them.

Also, yes, I am prepared to make maps as a Review League prize. Obviously I can't spend hours and hours on one, or I'd have to charge a prohibitive amount of points, but we can definitely discuss it. I won't be adding this service to the official prize list just yet, but it's likely to happen.

Now let's log a cat's review:

The Long Walk by @Beth Pavell
Chapters: 1
Wordcount: 2
Secret Santa: double!
Total: 10 points

And I guess this too-
Some lengthy thoughts about the science/history behind Regice by @elementcollector1
Chapters: 1
Wordcount: 0
Total: 3 points

Grand Total: 13 points

Here to cash in some points from the Secret Santa event:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Delta Dossiers
Base: 2 points
Chapters Reviewed: 1 chapter = 1 point
Word Count: 1750 words / 250 = 7 points
Total: 10 points
+ Secret Santa Bonus (x2) = 20 points

Accumulated Points: previous points (zero) + above (20 points) = 20 points
Lifetime Points: 20 points

Please note, the February monthly challenge is in effect!
  • February: Offer 100+ words of feedback on an author's description and claim 2 extra bonus points.
In other League news, our list of redeemable prizes has changed!

We have sadly had to reture two prizes. Firstly, free shiny pokémon are no longer available, as the user providing them is not presently active. Secondly, for the same reason, we are no longer offering written crossover battles.

However, you can redeem a hefty 90 points for a bespoke map from yours truly. You can request a map of a world, continent or region of your story's setting, with the important features and locations indicated. Please contact me to discuss, if you're interested. For an example of the sort of thing I'm offering as a League prize, see below: (note this is a compressed .jpg and not the fullsized unwatermarked .png you would receive)

Services Example Map.jpg

You know what, may as well just in case, and before it bloats further. I hope I added this up all right!

---

Journey to Mend Broken Things: (1)
7pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 4 for speedy

Evil Within:
8pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 1pt for 250+ words, 4 for speedy

Orre: The Desert
7pts earned: 2pts base, 3pts for 3 chapters, 2pts for 500+ words

Mirror Adventures
5pts earned: 2pts base, 2pts for 2 chapters, 1pt for 250+ words

Meaning of Ambition
4pts earned: 2pts base, 1pts for single chapter, 1pt for 250+ words

C'est La Vie (1)
7pts earned: 2pts base, 1pts for single chapter, 2pt for 500+ words, 2pts for not-as-speedy

C'est La Vie (2-4)
6pts earned: 2pts base, 3pts for 3 chapters, 1pt for 250+ words

Undefeatable
3pts earned: 2pts base, 1pts for single chapter

Tale of Legends
4pts earned: 2pts base, 2pts for 2 chapters

The Long Walk (25-Interlude)
15pts earned?: Last I reviewed/read was C24 so that's 11pts for 11 chapters from there (with the Tournament Arc condensed down), plus the base 2pts, and 2 for 500+ words

The Long Walk (35)
9pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 4pts for speedy, 2pts for 500+ words

Journey to Mend Broken Things (2)
10pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 4pts for speedy, 3pts for 750+ words

Here's some more in my questventure to bring more readership to the workshop! Also for clarification when I quote things I don't count them in my word count.

C'est la Vie (5)
8pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 1pt for 250+ words, 4 for speedy

Dismay (1)

Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey
10pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 3pt for 750+ words, 4 for speedy

Undefeatable (C1)
10pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 3pt for 750+ words, 4 for speedy

After Dusk Falls

Broken Things (C3)

The Fool's Journey (P and C1)
10pts earned: 2pts base, 2pts for two chapters, 2pts for 500+ words, 4 for speedy

Broken Things (C4 and C5)
9pts earned: 2pts base, 2pts for two chapters, 3pts for 750+ words if you count random ficficing to make a point, 2 for not-as-speedy

The Fool's Journey (C2)

Platinum Never Tarnishes (C1)
9pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 2pts for 500+ words, 4 for speedy

Tally-ho! Time to tally.

Also, News: we're doing away with that four-reviews-logged-per-week rule. We don't reckon it's helpful. Review away!

@Beth Pavell - I reckon you've undersold your wordcounts. You've earnt 12 points by my reckoning.

@System Error - that's an extraordinarily impressive review log. Nice work. You missed a couple points and mistakenly totted up others, but you've landed a total of 164 points. Amazing!

@kintsugi nice 23 points right there.

Let's check in again.

Platinum Never Tarnishes (C2)

Marvelous Journey (C64)
11pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 4pts for 1000+ words, 4pts for speedy

C'est La Vie (C6)

Broken Things (C7)
7pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 4 for speedy

Meaning of Ambition (C2)
11pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 4pts for 1000+ words, 4 for speedy

Pokemon Unshielded (C1)

Like a Drum (C1 and C2)
12pts earned: 2pts base, 2pts for two chapters, 4pts for 1000+ words, 4 for speedy

Platinum Never Tarnishes (C3)
7pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapters, 4 for speedy

Marvelous Journey (C65)
9pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 2pts for 500+ words, 4 for speedy

Some Guy's Loona X Pokemon Crossover Fanfic
8pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for two chapters, 1pt for 250+ words, 4 for speedy

Broken Things (C7)

Fight Against Eternatus

Platinum Never Tarnishes (C4-C9)
15pts earned: 2pts base, 6pts for six chapters, 3pts for 750+ words, 4 for speedy

Let's throw down before the next big rush.

Broken Things (C8)

Witnessing the Birth of a God

Stars of the Indigo Stage
11pts earned: 2pts base, 3pts for 3 chapters, 2pts for 500+ words, 4 for speedy

Trials of a Trainer (C1)
10pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 3pts for 750+ words, 4 for speedy

Orre: The Desert (C4)

Marvelous Journey

The Long Walk (C36)

Mirror Adventures (P2)

Trials of a Trainer (C2)

Erica Lee's Adventures (A1)

Erica Lee's Adventures (A2-3)
9pts earned: 2pts base, 2pt for two chapters, 1pt for 250+ words, 4 for speedy

Broken Things (C9)

Leon's Confession
4pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter, 1pt for 250+ words

Broken
3pts earned: 2pts base, 1pt for single chapter

Marvelous Journey (C67)

Crossed Wires (both of the chapters in the first post!)
9pts earned: 2pts base, 2pt for two chapter, 1pt for 250+ words, 4 for speedy

Envy of Eden (P, C1)
4pts earned: 2pts base, 2pt for two chapter

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom