• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RewriteShipping (Sordward x Sonia)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
i said i'd finally man-up and make a thread for them if my friend dawn joined the forums, and they did, so here we are! a little thread so that i and anyone else who wants to join in can discuss my currently favorite niche pokemon ship!! (cuz i have talked abt them in various places but im not quite sure where to put my various general ramblings about them)

rewriteshipping is kinda a pending name because it hasnt officially been accepted onto the list yet but i'll stick with it for now;; because i really like the __shipping format as opposed to just portmanteau ship names. me and my friends also very commonly call this one as "sordsoni" or "soso"

if anyone is interested in knowing more about the ship since the fanbase mostly just consists of me and my friends i'd be happy to answer!! nothing would make me happier than having an excuse to spread the agenda...

sosowalk.gif

i remember saying this on twitter and i finally have a place to say it here too. they're like the "i will find you and love you in any universe" trope except instead its "i will find you and hate you in any universe" because my god them managing to have beef in both the games and pokespe for different reasons is so funny
i rly wish we got to see them more in pokespe but eh cant do anything abt it;; and maybe its for the best considering how critical i am of the swsh manga anyway

i could just ask you this on discord but while i'm here; have you ever considered the possibility of, before being with sonia, sordward had a relationship with someone else? or perhaps romantic feelings for someone else?

i could just ask you this on discord but while i'm here; have you ever considered the possibility of, before being with sonia, sordward had a relationship with someone else? or perhaps romantic feelings for someone else?
to be fair this is like. him having been in a relationship with someone else or even actively being in one is very common in stuff i write for them but it's never rly been w any actual romantic feelings or anything more just like. a relationship of convenience for him and/or his family.

Please, forgive me for posting in this thread without the intention, in fact, of asking something related to this wonderful ship to which the thread is dedicated.

But, as I look at your wonderful signature and the delightful miniature artwork depicting Sordward and Sonia walking side by side at the end of the first post in this thread, I can't help but ask: Are you the creator of this amazing artwork ? If not, would you mind telling me how you came across these charming pieces?

In any case, thanks for bringing these beauties to my attention.

Please, forgive me for posting in this thread without the intention, in fact, of asking something related to this wonderful ship to which the thread is dedicated.

But, as I look at your wonderful signature and the delightful miniature artwork depicting Sordward and Sonia walking side by side at the end of the first post in this thread, I can't help but ask: Are you the creator of this amazing artwork ? If not, would you mind telling me how you came across these charming pieces?

In any case, thanks for bringing these beauties to my attention.
i am! i occasionally do sprite editing stuff just to make cute ship sprites :bulbaLove:

so i got jumpscared yesterday because this one account i follow that posts selfship prompts (including lyrics+quotes) posted a lyric from a song by a k-pop group i like, but the real reason it was a jumpscare is because i do and always have really associated this song with rewriteshipping.

the song in question is heaven by exo! it's a really sweet song generally, but i think the reason i associate it so much with them very much ties to the first version of translyrics i ever saw for it? other translations still fit, but some of the specific translation choices/wording in the video i originally saw the english lyrics in really stuck with me and made me think of them...the video i linked is that original lyric video i saw for the song; (side note this specific kind of lyric videos make me laugh, i dunno they just have this kinda charm to them)

the whole star thing works so well if only for the vague connection to wishing stars :bulbaLol: and idk i've always been prone to imagery portraying sonia as angelic in concerns to this pairing even outside of a romantic context so it rly just is a perfect fit for them to me. i have a lot more songs i could share here (i have an entire playlist for them, i just get kinda worried abt sharing it incase people view it as being out of character and kinda messy w how much variety in songs it has), but this one just came to mind bc of that account posting it.

today marks the 2 year anniversary of when i first started shipping this and making content for it! i dont have anything drawn out to celebrate, i prefer to just take days like this easy and lay back to celebrate, but it's a nice occasion like damn. its rly been that long. (to be fair though i didnt start publicly posting this one until quite a bit later)

thinking abt some fun art i wanna commission of them in the future...i really like viewing gloria as sordward's daughter and that goes double in the context of this pairing so i might request some art of the 3 of them doing something dumb and simple like shopping. its mundane but i dunno its cute to imagine them doing all that mundane familial stuff together. theyre like secondary parental figures to her (though honestly idk if parental is the best way to describe it theyre just generally familial with gloria in an indescribable way. as found family is).

im also considering maybe making an au out of that art i made where sonia is an angel i love the symbolism there so much i talked about it earlier in the thread but gosh; bc to him she's really anything other than an angel, she by all means ruined his life and his family's reputation. they absolutely fascinate me GOSHHH :bulbaLol:

being extra cringe tonight and messing around with marriage certificate generators(linked back so you can make your own if you want!) and stuff just to make more silly things for my ships :yay:
date marks the anniversary of when i first started talking abt the concept of this pairing
Screenshot 2023-12-10 053810.png

now at the stage of trying to think up an idea for a last piece of 2023 or even a christmas piece involving them...ive been kinda exhausted w the state of the pokemon fandom recently and as a result i've kinda shifted my focus over to a different ship from a different game for the time being T__T but obviously i still wanna draw them to finish up the year bc they mean a lot to me

hopefully soon i'll come to this thread to ramble a little bit more but for now i'm just sharing another commission i got from fusenryo!
GC0c8yUWUAAyy0V
this is technically both of them x sonia but i'll send it here since shielbert is giving big third wheel energy here

fusenryo doesnt accept the requests until literally as theyre about to begin working on them, and even then they're a really fast artist. the first one was only 1 hour and a couple of minutes, but the second one took around two hours after the request was accepted

Back
Top Bottom