• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Reyzadren's arid utility core

Arid trainer
Reaction score
Personalize yourself! I will use this thread to include extended biographies or short stories of my FB character and team that I couldn't otherwise fit into my main FB profile. Some parts are OOC, in which case I will label them.

Anyone can post here, naturally.

Navigation Links
[1] Caley at the shed
[2] Caley escaping the mirror

This is my dream team, which is my ultimate goal in Fizzy Bubbles now.

FB profile | Cable club trade list

SOCIAL MEDIA
Soundcloud. I upload music that I create.
Youtube. Alternative site.

Congratulations Reyzadren! Achievement unlocked!

Last edited:
Arid trainer
Reaction score
Dust floated throughout the musky room, seen through some of the rays of light piercing through cracked parts of the walls made from wood. One could hear a powerdrill being used on a rectangular board. A girl with long brown hair wearing an olive jacket over an almost draping wedding-like gown placed the equipment and swiped the remnants away. Some of these dust particles enjoined the others floating in a still tranquil manner across the room. She had already completed all the required tasks today, and this was her time that could be spent doing whatever she liked. "Well, when you can't art, you art more," Caley grabbed a paintbrush nearby. Gently, she stroked the paintbrush to lay the colour onto the board. Once more, then another, colours interchanged and line sizes alternating.

A few moments later, she decided to have a small break. After all, she still needed to make sure that her customer was satisfied, it's the extra details and after-service that mattered most. The babysitting and watchfulness might have been too mind-numbing for her, but repairing the garden fence and using the available hardware to showcase her design was the extra bonus. She fleeted from the workbench to the next room beside. "And then my kids waved goodbye, and I told them, my kids waved goodbye," an old lady was sitting near the table with an empty cup. "Let me get that for you," Caley picked the finished drink up. She still wondered why this elder would want to live out here in a remote area far away from any convenience, or rather who would leave their grandparent alone far away from similar folks.

In the kitchen, she made a newly brewed fresh cup of tea. As she was stirring, she heard a metallic noise from beyond the dining room, as if something had fallen or broken. As she walked out, she saw several objects that had been on the shelf now on the floor, shattered. "My kids waved goodbye. I told them, goodbye. My kids waved goodbye," the old lady continued to mumble in an audible voice. Caley returned to the room which had her work, thinking nothing much of the scene, but what she saw next was something completely different from what she expected. Much of her artwork had been damaged. She then heard a deeper louder rumble coming from above, which shook her but immediately alerted her to the grandmother. She casually walked between the rooms, but this time, she knew something was not quite right.

One of the wall lamps that was once glimmering now lie dimmed on the ground. She could see across the kitchen archway that the cupboards had been just recently opened with canned food unalligned from the orderly stack. The old lady now had her head on the table, yet she continued the same sentences, "My kids waved. Goodbye. I told them, my kids...waved...goodbye." The drink, now spilled, had tea towards the floor. As Caley drew closer to inspect, she felt something on her face. She touched, and to her attention and sense of danger, she saw red. She looked up and saw blood dripping down from the ceiling. Black crows could be heard as they abruptly flew from the distant corn fields outside the window.

Then, another sound was heard coming from upstairs. She moved a few napkins on the table beside her to unveil a wrench that had been swept beneath it. She thought of getting a knife from the kitchen, or a hammer from the toolbox, but decided against it for her safety. The wrench shall suffice for now, and eventhough she preferred something more threatening, she was a person who would rather readily just deal with the situation as it came. "Who is it? I have a weapon and I'm not afraid to use it," she declared towards any stranger who might have been inside the same housing shed.

Caley walked up the stairs, clenching the wrench harder, holding it nearer towards her chest. She opened the door and entered the attic. It was a room filled with many mirrors. The room seemed untouched and unvisited. She scanned the room, slowly, she turned around. All the tall mirrors surrounding her made the room slightly majestic with its antique decoration. Being certain that it was safe, she began to walk out of the room. Just before leaving the attic, she heard something from behind her.

She quickly turned around, but her grip loosened a little bit. She stuttered after a small gasp, as she proclaimed, as if she recognised the person that she was seeing, "You. But why...are you here?"

Last edited:
Arid trainer
Reaction score
"Oh nevermind, Reyzadren. I'm quite sure it's because of your sketchy employer anyway," Caley was relieved to see a familiar person in front of her. The miner guy with his black hair flipped to the side and with dirt on his work clothes, stroked his facial hair. She turned back to catch her breath a little, but got a glimpse of something in a small mirror in front of her in the near distance. Some hands grabbed her neck from her back and pulled her towards the mirror on the wall, strangling her.

"Crap, it's you," she realised it was not the person that she thought he was. She flailed her arms about, trying to set herself free from the wall. Her feet were raised from the creaky floor, as she was brought higher by the hands from within the mirror. "Love, can't tell how much I would enjoy seeing you suffer," a voice emerged from the mirror. She was being choked as the hands held her neck harder and closer to the wall, while being unable to reach the wrench that had been dropped onto the floor. Soon enough, as if by magic, some shining vitreous-lustre-like leaves flew upwards above the stairs, into the attic and pummelled straight into the vicinity of the strangling hands like fifty bullets, or as if they were heat missiles seeking with precision. It was enough to release her, dropping her onto the floor, but she quickly ran out of that room.

Caley hurried down the stairs, not caring of the thumpy sounds made by the hollow steps. As she was about to make a turn at the lower end of the staircase, the lower part of her gown-like attire was caught in one of the splinters near just where her shoes were. She tried to pull her dress a few times, but it failed to budge. After trying a few more times, she decided to give a hard pull while stepping on the tail-end of the clothing, tearing the dress from her ankle up to her knee, releasing her from the sharp railings. Throughout the dining room, there were no signs of the grandmother ever present, as Caley ran to the room that had her work and tools.

As she entered the next room, she was horrified to see what was there. It was another one of those long mirrors as seen as in the attic, placed right at the end of the room near the shelf of varnish and solder. The mirror had not been here previously. Just at the end of the room, there was also another exit, at which the same guy appeared, now wearing a hard helmet, grabbed a shovel near the corner and walked towards her. "Personally, I quite prefer my golden pickaxe. But, we all know what happened to it," he chided, then lunged himself to Caley, getting ready to smack her. She instinctively grabbed a large piece of the board with unfinished artwork and deflected the shovel away to the left. The man shouted at her, "Who do you think you are? A woman is no match for a man. Didn't your daddy ever taught you manners?" She edged backwards until she hit a wall.

From outside the window, she felt that she could see a pulsating stream entering the room. She knew it was time to strike. She snatched an armyknife from the stash of tools beside her and flung it towards the mirror. Then, she ran in the direction of the man, towards the long bedroom mirror, and striking it repeatedly with the unplugged powerdrill until cracks formed. She was not fond of superstitions, believing that one makes their own luck. However, she heard something crawling near her while she attempted to shatter the mirror. She turned her head and saw a krookodile at the door. Though the man now seemingly had disappeared, going out through that exit was yet not an option. "Leech seed," Caley ordered an attack. Seeds darted towards the krookodile, entangling it with vines before it began to sap away its willforce. She dashed across the room to the window and leaped outside, "I know better than to deal with you now, even if I could easily take you out in a few hits", hinting that this was not the first time she had dealt with this situation.

Caley landed on some twigs from the nearby bush that was about to sprout some cheri berry. Usually, she would have put more effort into taking care of nature, but for this moment she continued gallantly to the garage. There was a motorcycle inside, but she had known upon arrival earlier today that it was still not working. It needed some repairs, which she thought such things could obviously only happen at the most unfortunate times. Her cacturne appeared beside her, and pointed towards the corn fields. She saw an arrow symbol on the ground and another glowing trinket hanging next to a cornn berry. "Return, Signal," she recalled her cacturne as she understood where she needed to go next. She ran into the corn fields, following the symbols, pushing away any possible wheat that might get caught in her way while running. At some point, she reached an end, she stopped running.

A giant chasm appeared in front of her, to which she applauded its excellent timing. It was a deep drop down the chasm, a good 50 meters before reaching the bottom. The mini faultline extended left-right as eyes could see, and clearly nobody would jump across to the other side. Caley turned around to see what was chasing her, and she knew she needed to move fast.

She spread her arms wide and took one step backwards, plunging herself downwards into the chasm, "Descend."

Last edited: